A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,187
Currently Running With Scissors:
378 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 98
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2013~  (Read 117740 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: March 15, 2013 05:56:41 AM »

It's...

~*Advanced Studies Friday*~

Be sure to post updates on your OWL's & NEWT's so we can all cheer you on!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Summer Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #231 on: March 15, 2013 06:27:57 AM »

my owl is coming on really well - so well i've moved on to doing extras (more patches for the playmat). I've been pulling crazy levels of overtime this last couple of weeks, pretty much all of which has been spent sat in the green room sewing Smiley I would never normally have this much time to craft!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #232 on: March 15, 2013 09:17:30 AM »

Ant Bee, right there with ya. Knitting for me seems to be taking forever lately. What are you working on?

I'm trying to make up wee baby hats for the local NICU, but of course I can't be following a simple pattern.. oh, noooooo, I have to be all "I can make this up as I go along... blah, blah, blah, I'm so magical, blah, blah, blah, patterns shmatterns..."

Smiley

Good luck with your quilt! I tabled mine for the moment (read:Month) in order to finish these charity knits and the little Jayne Hat favors for my friend's wedding.  Once I have those done I'll take up the baton of getting my butt kicked by quilting adventures. haha!

Happy Friday!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
ErinAquaheart
« Reply #233 on: March 15, 2013 10:19:56 AM »

I have had a busy week but not busy enough. I am two paintings behind on my NEWT. I have only finished Pisces and Virgo. I have designed more than 1/2 the signs so far though...so that will mean smoother transitions through the rest of the project.  Maybe I can paint 4 paintings in one week?Huh  Tongue LOL!

And I am at a stand still with my OWL. I can't do much with the kokeshi doll sailor scouts until I have the wooden people pegs. A trip to Hobby Lobby is definitely in my future.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
travelgirl
« Reply #234 on: March 15, 2013 10:51:08 AM »

Hello everyone I've been stalking this off and on since last semester and finally plucked up the courage to join in.

so here are my first two projects

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Apparition
House: Slytherin
Project Name: quilted placemat set
Project Page Link (if available):http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=421558.0#axzz2NdBhoOFe
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) I quilted these placemats for our new dining room table completely out of scrap. I made a set of 8 which should be enough for most of the dinners I plan on hosting.
Project Picture:

and also this months detention inspired me to finish a project i've been working on at least 3 years maybe 4

Class/Challenge/House Pride: March detention
House: Slytherin
Project Name: twilight cross stitch
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.)  I saw this http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=322959.0#axzz2NdBhoOFe on craftster years ago and thought it rocked and that it was something that would be right up my roommates alley so I bought materials got started and then got bored about half way through. Finally I decided to pick it back up and finish no matter how many black stitches it took! Now it's finally done, well at least as done as it's going to be until I decide how to finish it and if my old roommate would even still like it. But it's done so yay!
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BeaG

Hi from Belgium!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: March 15, 2013 11:46:03 AM »

Beautiful placemats, travelgirl!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

« Reply #236 on: March 15, 2013 12:23:44 PM »

~*COMPLETED NEWT HEADER*~
NEWT Subject: Muggle Studies
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Punk Rock Memory Quilt or: How I Learned to Not Quilt and Love Knitting
Brief Description: Bloody hell, I'm done!!! It's far from perfect (ob...viously), I learned a lot through the process (never again), and I am thrilled that it is finished (I need a nap now). Decided to use leftover fabric for the binding instead of pre-made and I think it produced a more finished look.
Here's a weird view. It's too heavy to hang in the doorway now.

This was supposed to be my "glad-I'm-done" face but it turned into the "ow-I-stubbed-my-toe" face.

And a close up.

Oh geez. I see a loose thread....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #237 on: March 15, 2013 12:26:31 PM »

Welcome to Hogwarts, travelgirl!! And with two awesome projects to boot! Love the colors in those place mats and as a Twilight fan that cross stitch is EPIC!

Yay for advanced studies Fridays! Unfortunately, I have very little progress to report. My NEWT has taken a backseat to my OWL, which I can't show progress pics of (super secret AHPT for Maman!). I did pick up some necessary supplies for my OWL, and I'm really going to crack down on it this weekend. Send outs are dangerously close! I still have to figure something out for the inside....whoops...I've said to much.... Wink

Congratulations on completing your OWL pottermouth! It came out AWESOME!! I see no evidence of these troubles you say you had along the way...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

« Reply #238 on: March 15, 2013 12:55:40 PM »

Welcome, travelgirl! Your placemats are wonderful and I can't even begin to think of the amount of time you put into your cross-stitch! Excellent job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiamatfire
« Reply #239 on: March 15, 2013 12:57:32 PM »

Great NEWT, it looks absolutely awesome Pottermouth!

And welcome travelgirl, those placemats are beautiful, and what a lot of work in that cross-stitch!

My advanced studies are going fairly well.  I haven't worked on the NEWT again since last week, but I hope to do some this weekend.  I did start on another facet of my OWL though, a dress and hat for the birthday girl.

I converted the back of the dress to a zip because my machine is not doing buttonholes correctly right now, and zips are easier and faster anyway.  It's looking HUGE right now, so I need to bring down one of the dresses that currently fit her and match it up against this one.  I want to be slightly bigger (this isn't for her to wear on her birthday but for summer, it's a present) so about a 12-18 month size.  She's pretty tiny and is only just starting to fit into 12 month stuff now, and her birthday is in 11 days.

I need to get my husband to print a few things for me at work so I can start making her birthday banner and the party hats.  I need to be finished those pieces by the 23, as that's when we're having her birthday party with friends.  We're having another with family on Easter Weekend and that's when the dress needs to be finished.  I also need to finish 3 other crafts by then though, as they are presents for my parents and sister (and are also classes for here).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 98 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet Author Peter Manseau
Sabrina Jeffries Talks About A Hellion in Her Bed
Neil Cross Talks About Natural History and Burial
Lucy Hawking Reveals Where She Would Like to Be
Terry Mort Talks About The Hemingway Patrols
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...