A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,405
Currently Running With Scissors:
692 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 98
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2013~  (Read 113893 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pottermouth
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #210 on: March 11, 2013 02:45:39 PM »

Have a safe trip, pinkleo! (NO yarn? You mean, none at all? Are you feeling okay?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

« Reply #211 on: March 11, 2013 03:20:38 PM »

Oh have fun, you lucky duck! We will be doing that trip on Thanksgiving lol. But I don't get to go to Hogsmeade.  Embarrassed I whish! I still have a few months to go. Maybe I can con... Er, convince them to go by then lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

« Reply #212 on: March 11, 2013 09:07:22 PM »

Kitchen Elf Recipes

Hi there all! Im back with another dish from the Hogwarts Kitchens! Actually, I take that back. This is really a Molly Weasley recipe! Or so it says in the Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook anyway. Its under the section Our Favorite Cook and, honestly, nobody does it like Molly.
We made..
Herby Roast Chicken with Onion-Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Before the recipe in the book, it says, Harrys appetite returns after the wizard court drops the charges against him, and he is glad to sit down to a Mrs. Weasley dinner fo roast chicken and mashed potatoes. But then again, its hard for him to eas as the thought of Dumbledore causes his scar to burn (see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 9). Then she goes on to comment on how, in the books herbs were very important in classes as well as for many witches and such in other stories while we use them in delicious meals like this chicken. And, boy, is she right.
Herby Roast Chicken
1 medium onion, sliced
6 cloves garlic, peeled
1 3-lb chicken
2 Tbsp. softened butter or margarine
tsp. ground thyme
tsp. ground sage
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
cup water

Mashed Potatoes
2 lbs. (about 6) Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
cup vegetable oil
1 cup chicken broth
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Farenheight and lay the onion slices and garlic cloves in a baking dish. Rinse the chicken and pat it dry.
2. Mix the butter or margarine with the thyme, sage, and parsley and spread it under the skin of the breasts and thighs; you will need to loosen the skin first by lifting up the flap of skin and sliding your fingers under it. Lay the chicken in the pan, breast-side up, on top of the onions and garlic and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour the water into the pan.
3. Bake for 50 minutes. Rotate the pan, raise the temperature to 450 degrees F, and bake for another 30 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thigh reads 170 F.
4. While the chicken is roasting, prepare the mashed potatoes. Cover the potatoes with water in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and let it simmer until tender, about 25 minutes.
5. Heat the 2 Tbsp. oil in a skillet and add the onions. Cook the onions over medium heat, stirring frequently, until nicely browned, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Remove from the heat.
6. Drain the potatoes. Add the onion-garlic mixture, cup oil, chicken broth, and salt and pepper. Mash with a potato masher.
It says that it serves 4, but its more like 6 to 8.

Here is a picture of the finished products! I must say that I really love the potatoes. Ive only ever made mashed potatoes with the butter, milk, salt and pepper before so I was really wondering how this would turn out. The chicken came out fantastic: crispy on the outside but juicy on the inside and just the right amount of flavor without being over-powering.  I will totally be making this again.
Also pictured is a gravy I made using the gizzards, heart and liver with some of the juices of the chicken and also some extra added stock. All you do is start with a rough of flour and butter, cook it for a minute and then add the chicken parts, juices and stock. Bring it to a boil and then lower the temperature to a simmer for a few minutes and youre done!  Its super quick to whip up and I did it in the time it took the chicken to cool a bit.
I really, really liked this one and am going to make it quite a bit. Also, as a tip, save the bones! Make them into a stock and save some money that way.
Enjoy and let me know if you end up making this/changing it/whatever it!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013 09:17:40 PM by Audania1 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

« Reply #213 on: March 11, 2013 10:04:47 PM »

OMG Audania1 that looks tasty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #214 on: March 12, 2013 07:59:37 AM »

So many awesome projects to catch up on and I love all the badge reveals! My house needs some updating, but first...

Yay pinkleo for Extra Credit AND Quidditch! Your EC has been duly noted, and on behalf of our Quidditch Captain, here's your well-deserved Chaser Badge! One step closer to making the team!

To claim your badge, right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to show-off your badges: use it as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges.  

Quidditch badges can be found on the Gryffindor Bulletin Board or the Quidditch Pitch!

For pinkleo and jenleahlynn for their AMAZING SPEW work, here's a little something from your HoH!

And to MamanTattoo, for being a wonderful Quidditch Captain:

Go Gryffindor! Smiley
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013 08:31:00 AM by Abbeeroad » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Moonflame
« Reply #215 on: March 12, 2013 02:42:14 PM »

That dinner looks amazing!  Oh my!

Loving the squares and the hoops, too!

Have a great trip, Pinkleo.  Smiley
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013 02:44:19 PM by Moonflame » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #216 on: March 12, 2013 08:48:16 PM »

I'm very, very sorry for being so lame in participating this week! Thank you so much Abbee for taking over. I'm not home and I'm quite ....verrrrrrrrrrrrr rrry tired by this pregnancy. Apprently, the third (with two little ones to take care of) is harder on the body (and mind).

I can show you an OWL progress, though. Here's the deal. I've scanned my template for making my elementals, which is part of my OWL; I want to make a complete pdf pattern for you to use!
So I'm showing it to you in its rough form (no writting on it yet) but it's easy to figure out what is what, I think. I'd LOVE someone to test it along with me! Cheesy

A salamander for FIRE:

An undine for WATER:

A sylph for AIR:

And a gnome for EARTH:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #217 on: March 13, 2013 05:53:48 AM »

I'm very, very sorry for being so lame in participating this week! Thank you so much Abbee for taking over. I'm not home and I'm quite ....verrrrrrrrrrrrr rrry tired by this pregnancy. Apprently, the third (with two little ones to take care of) is harder on the body (and mind).

Lame? I don't see any lameness here! I was maybe a little anxious to show off our awesome Quidditch badges, that's all! haha Wink.

And I'm so excited to see your OWL, it's looking awesome!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: March 13, 2013 09:01:07 AM »

@Audania1: Your feast looks delicious!  I'll have to pull out my copy of that cookbook.  Dear pinks gave it to me a few years ago, but I haven't tried many of the recipes yet.  

@Abbeeroad: Way to be an awesome HoH!  Your new badges look awesome.  Cheesy

@MamanTattoo: Get some rest Momma.  I'm certain you both need it, and deserve it.  And don't worry about not participating as much this week, or worry about such a thing over the next several weeks & months.  That's what the friends in your House and in the rest of the HPC are here for, to help and encourage one another.  Hermoine & our dear Hufflepuff friends would remind you that friendship can always be counted on when one feels tired or alone.

Ok, now your Deputy Headmistress is off to work some crafty magic of her own.  I'm trying to complete 15 Doctor Who bracelets today.  (They are in-progress already. Finishing bead pins now, then have to assemble the bead pins & charms with the bracelets.) Wish me luck!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013 09:02:46 AM by jennieingram » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on lists and forget to craft.
jenleahlynn
« Reply #219 on: March 13, 2013 03:10:00 PM »

class- charms/ gryffendor quidditch- beater/gryffendor extra  credit
house- grffendor
project- tree swing in winter

our kids wanted to try out a muggle sport, sledding. so we went to the local park, conjured an aquamenti spell to make the hill nice and icy, and the kids said it was as fun as flying, except they had to walk back up the hill. it was a fun afternoon, but the play area surrounded by trees looked lonely. i wonder if bowtruckles hibernate in winter, or if they were cold? i didn't want to get close enough to investigate, but it inspired this page in my art journal. the beater challenge of black and blue suited the moody scene as well.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013 03:14:53 PM by jenleahlynn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

harry potter craft along- winter semester
2013-art journal along
journal prompt swap
shop the swap winter
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 98 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fight Wrinkles With Just One Key Ingredient
Need to Know: Warby Parker, IOS7, and the Pencil Skirt
How to Make Your Hazel Eyes Shine Instantly
Nail Art Coming To Reality Show
Tips For Frizzy Hair, Dark Circles and Dry Skin
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...