A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,743
Currently Running With Scissors:
472 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 98
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2013~  (Read 115529 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: March 08, 2013 06:41:17 AM »

Note from the Deputy Headmistress...

Hello students & faculty!  I just wanted to inform you that I will not be around much this weekend.  It is DH's 30th Birthday, and we are having a friend to stay with us for the weekend.  I should be back online more starting Monday, and throughout next week, as it is our Spring Break.  (Yay for a whole week of crafting time!)  The following week however (Mar 18-23), I will be away at a theatre conference in Milwaukee, WI.  Meanwhile our dear Headmistress shall be away much of next week (Mar 11-?). 

I ask that you please be patient with both of us in the next two weeks.  I'm sure we will both try very hard to respond to PM's & OWL/NEWT proposals, but we may not be able to write back immediately, and we may not respond to all the items posted in the thread.  Please be assured that we are still here with you in spirit and will be back to admire all your crafty magic as soon as possible.  Cheers to you all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #171 on: March 08, 2013 07:10:27 AM »

*WARNING* this will be heavy in picture. let's begin.

Challenge : March Detention
House : Gryffindor
Desc. : I finally finished the second version of the Merida dress. I like this one much better. And it's made of jersey knit so Mariann can slip in and out without help...IF she wants to take it out, which she hasn't since wenesday night. She slept with it... even if it's so long... And she's so happy it touch the ground, "like a real princess dress!!!"....

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Alchemy
House:Gryffindor
Project Name: coconut milk icing
Brief Description: I wanted to try coconut wipped cream for I while and decided yesterday was the day!
You take a can of fat coconut milk and let it sit in your fridge for the night. It gets really thick. (physical change) then you wipe it and it gets very creamy (physical change) THEN you put in on your cake and eat it (chemical change Wink )
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: DADA
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Owl pants
Brief Description: My patronus would definitely be an Owl. I wanted to make a felt one for myself for a long time, but i think it would be worth making it an OWL or NEWT, so for now I give you my big boy in his new pants!
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Transfigurations
Project Name: Ostara shirt
Project Page Link :  http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Andreann/girls-cap-sleeved-spring-shirt
Brief Description: I have this pattern for a while now, a year I think, and decided now what the time to knit it. It's a very easy pattern and I'm offering this  shirt to my daughter for Ostara, or Spring Equinox. I tried colorworking some bunnies, but with the yarn I used they are not very clear....
I don't have an action shot for it.... because my daughter really don't want to get out of her Merida dress Tongue
Project Picture:

OWL WIP:
I draft my first patterns yesterday and cut all 4 of them in their fabric.

I have a lot of cleaning to do before we go out on a little holiday, so I might not be able to start sewing them just yet...

NEWT WIP: I did __________ and ___________ and finished ___________ Cheesy I need to start on __________ and get something for _______________.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013 07:28:04 AM by MamanTattoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #172 on: March 08, 2013 07:32:39 AM »

Fun stuff Maman!  Love the owl work babies, those are going to be adorable!

~Secret OAHPT OWL progress~
Been working on it like crazy this week, nearly every night--painting, sewing, carving, stamping, etching, burning, etc!  Just about everything goes into this.  And I'm half way through the steps, though the rest of the steps seem simple enough. I imagine I'll be done next week sometime.  Funny thing is I've probably added about 25% more steps to take throughout making this one as I think 'whoa, that would make it even better!' It's definitely turned into newt worthy project.  Oh well.  It'll be one awesome Harry Potter thing!   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

indigo_roses
« Reply #173 on: March 08, 2013 07:39:46 AM »

NEWT Progress

I cast on for my first pair of socks on Wednesday night, and I'm now on row 16!

Here's the yarn that I'll be using for my second pair of socks. It's a bit more green/less blue than the picture shows.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #174 on: March 08, 2013 08:35:30 AM »

I am jealous of your Tosh sock yarn! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiamatfire
« Reply #175 on: March 08, 2013 10:02:26 AM »

Sorry I haven't been able to comment in awhile, the baby has been quite ill (two trips to our local Children's Hospital, but I think she's on the mend now).  I was able to squeeze in a bit of crafting though, and I'll throw up my advanced studies Friday while I'm at it.

NEWT:

I completed another character, so I'm now half done them.  That lone curlicue marks the opposite edge of the piece.  I was hoping to finish this before her 1st birthday, but I'm not sure that's going to happen, as the piece I'm working on for the locket Horcrux is something I really want to finish as well, before I go back to work.

OWL:

I've designed an invitation, and coloured an image I found online as the "theme" for her birthday.  I'm not sure if I'll make paper invites (I just invited people on FB, though I took a digital copy of the invite and used it as the image for the page) but I am using the little gnome for her cake topper, party hat, and birthday banner.  I also did a mirror image of the gnome with dark hair for her little friend (our goddaughter) who is coming, and will have her own party hat and also be on the banner.

I made a wreath for the door with butterflies, it looks generic spring-like right now, but on her birthday I'm going to either put a big "E" in the middle or a "1".  This way the wreath is useable all year.  Those butterflies took forever, as I cut out the black background then cut and glued each tiny little colour piece by hand.  I'm really happy with it though!

And now my projects: all three are in two photos!

Class(es): Marvolo Gaunt's Ring, Nagini, and Harry Potter Horcruxes
Names: Minimochi Dumbledore, Gryffindor lion, and Mouldy Voldy

The Dumbledore and Voldy are both based on the bride pattern, with Dumbledore also having textured robes, and the gnome's hat and beard.  The lion is just as written!  I'm addicted to these now, and kind of want to make Harry, Ron and Hermione as well.  In order to get something resembling skin colour, I pulled off two plies from a pale pink worsted weight Tongue  I don't have any pale pink sock yarn!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
jenleahlynn
« Reply #176 on: March 08, 2013 01:41:38 PM »

challenge- horcrux hunt-marvolo's ring
house-gryffendor
project- magpie-like tendencys

another horcrux found. i was pondering Tom Riddle, and i viewed dumbledores memory of his first meeting with him at the orphanage. Dumbledore refered to tom's stolen treasures as 'his magpie-like' ways.  stealing his grandfathers ring was his first step on the way to becoming lord voldemort. His horcruxes replacing those childish treasures. i find my self wondering, if riddle had been a ravenclaw instead of a slytheran could his ways have become more bird like and less snake like? could he even have been an anamagus in magpie form?

this train of thought resulted in a sketch, a bit of research, an this final drawing. it's and 8 1/2 x11 in black ink. i had black drafting pens in .01, .05, and .08. the diffrent pen width were useful in creating bold outlines, and delicate details.....

challenge: horcrux hunt/ slytherins locket
house: gryffendor
While i was searching for tom riddle, i also found the locket. that moment when ron saves harry, and destroys the locket, let's everyone know, what hermione already knew. Ron is a knight. this sketch is currently atc sized in a small stetch book i made with paper and yarn. along with my sketch from the magpie. at some point i may recreate it at a larger size.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

harry potter craft along- winter semester
2013-art journal along
journal prompt swap
shop the swap winter
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
jenleahlynn
« Reply #177 on: March 08, 2013 01:53:50 PM »

OWL Subject & Option(if available):alchemey option 1
House:gryffendor
Project Name:girl with pink cheeks
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques used, materials using, plan of action, expected timeline, etc.) As one of the 4 elements is water, i am planning to continue my study of watercolors. i think on my herbology owl, i was trying to force them to act more like the colored pencils i am used to. i want to try and do a new portrait completely in watercolors. i took a closeup photograph of my daughter playing in the snow that i think will suit this project well.

will involve sketches based on the photograph, along with practice with paint before doing the final piece.skin tones are harder than they appear. i'm expecting it to be 8 1/2 x11 or slightly larger.  if it takes less time than expected, i would eventually like to do portraits of each of my 4 children. so i will start here and see how it goes.

Read more: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=420911.0#ixzz2MzGVhmtA
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

harry potter craft along- winter semester
2013-art journal along
journal prompt swap
shop the swap winter
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #178 on: March 08, 2013 02:09:05 PM »

I love how grumpy your  kids look at having to stop play for photographs!!!

I have managed to leave my camera at work, which means I can't tell you about the Bacon-beans challenge I did today 'til I get it back. na di can't show you my OWL progress, but I am feeling AWESOME about how much I have done, way ahead of schedule, which is because we are in tech week and I have been spending 13 hours a day sat in the green room with nothing to do but sew it (my job this week is basically to be there in case anything breaks... and so far nothing has broken)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
indigo_roses
« Reply #179 on: March 08, 2013 03:08:08 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Study of Ancient Runes
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: PRR Comfort Squares
Brief Description: 3 squares to comfort someone once made into a blanket.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 98 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Dolphin Energy
How Ross Bleckner Addresses Aids In His Art
Ross Bleckner on His Own Mortality
Oil Painting Tips for Vegetable Painting
How to Draw a Rabbit
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...