A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,477
Currently Running With Scissors:
651 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 98
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2013~  (Read 118932 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Moonflame
« Reply #140 on: March 06, 2013 06:42:49 AM »

Thanks guys!  I had a lot of fun making them. Smiley  My oldest daughter was inspired to create some Thor-inspired ones and may even join Hogwarts! Cheesy

Naantje, your scarf is awesome!  So far my saving grace in learning new knitting terms has been YouTube. There are multiple vids for every technique I've ever looked up (including some crazy cast-offs!)  I need to see it to be able to do it. Tongue  You're getting fast!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013 06:43:48 AM by Moonflame - Reason: confunded » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #141 on: March 06, 2013 08:06:09 AM »

So, I freaked out a bit when I saw that we only have the spring to kick horcrux butt. I don't want to be stuck with active horcruxes in my house! I tracked down these two, hoping to get at least a few more soon!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Horcrux Hunter: Tom Riddle's Diary
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: Diary Page Prayer Flag
Project Page Link: Inspired by this pillow and quote (slightly modified to fit on flag)
Brief Description: I imagined this flag to look like a page ripped from a diary (it's a JOURNAL! sorry...AVPSY reference...), with the reminder to be present and the poem quote as ways to do so.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Horcrux Hunter: Nagini
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: Monster Tooth Pillow
Project Page Link: Inspiration
Brief Description: My son is far from loosing his teeth, but very interested in the concept. I told him I'd make him a tooth pillow for when he started loosing his little teeth, but of course he wanted it now. It's a monster pillow, not a snake, but the fabric is very snake-like, and Nagini is very monster-like. So, yeah.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
ErinAquaheart
« Reply #142 on: March 06, 2013 09:20:47 AM »

Naantje: your scarf turned out very nice. I have tried knitting and I just can't make myself like it enough to finish a project. And I seem to like to purl over knit...I do it accidentally. It's frustrating. I bow to your ability to conquer this charm.  Grin

Abbeeroad: I love the tooth pillow! I am far beyond my tooth fairy days but I am still obsessed with the concept. I know your son is gonna love that pillow! *wistfully remembers a lacy Care Bear tooth pillow from my childhood*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
indigo_roses
« Reply #143 on: March 06, 2013 10:12:06 AM »

Moonflame: as your SoAR professor, I must tell you that those stitch markers do an excellent job of portraying the cosy and joyful aspects of wunjo!

AbbeeRoad, I love that flag! I too need to get my wand in gear this semester. I don't want any Horcruxes to be left behind!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #144 on: March 06, 2013 10:38:10 AM »

I love the prayer flag - that's not  an idea I've come across before and i think your design is great
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #145 on: March 06, 2013 02:07:31 PM »

Challenge: Detention in the Dungeons
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Shadowmere
Project Page Link (if available): here
Brief Description: I had this plastic horse that I had cut the mane and tail of months ago. I picked it up again the other day and spray painted it black then painted its eyes and gave it a new mane and tail so that it could become Shadowmere.
I forgot a before shot **facepalm** so I'll understand if it doesn't count.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013 02:27:12 PM by FreakieGeekie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Naantje
« Reply #146 on: March 06, 2013 02:22:18 PM »

Aw, seems like your picture has wandered off together with Snape. Have you found him back yet? I'm really curious to see your results there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

« Reply #147 on: March 06, 2013 02:28:42 PM »

Lol I forgot the pic! It's there now. I swear, I'd forget my head if it wasn't on my shoulders.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

« Reply #148 on: March 06, 2013 02:40:52 PM »

Got to rant briefly about my NEWT. I didn't consider how weighty this quilt is and that is making it incredibly difficult to sew. Also, due to the stretchiness of the shirts, I have had issues with bunching.  There are innumerable pins in it yet it still stretches. For the past hour I have rolled the quilt to make it more manageable, sewn a tiny way, turned the quilt, rerolled, and sewed some more. My kids will be graduated before I get this thing right! At this point, I am considering hand sewing the darned thing. WAAAAAAHHH!!!!

On a better note, great projects everyone! Congrats on your scarf, Naantje! It came out beautifully. I love the tooth pillow and the stitch markers are awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jenleahlynn
« Reply #149 on: March 06, 2013 04:45:01 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride:herbology owl-Complete!
House:gryffendor
Project Name:watercolor portrait of my grandmother
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description:for the last month, i've been working on a portrait of my grandmother and my daughter planting flower bulbs. She had such a gift with plants, one that i didn't inherit. usually i work in color pencil, but for this i liked the brightness of watercolors. i did several sketches, and studies in color, and ended up doing traditional watercolors, watercolor pencil, and some colored pencil for details. in one version there were more plants, but in the final version it looked cluttered so i left them out. 

Project Picture:

i find it hard to know when to stop with a project, so having a deadline was a help. i also pushed my comfort zone a little and submitted it to a local art competition with a theme of women and education, so we will see what happens from here.

the books i found on watercolors were more loose than my usual controlled, realistic style. i think that's why i found them frustrating. i'm planning to continue working with them though, to stretch a bit towards a more abstract style. 
Read more: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=420911.0#ixzz2Mo95ZwrY
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

harry potter craft along- winter semester
2013-art journal along
journal prompt swap
shop the swap winter
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 98 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Beach Curl Waves
How to Create a Unique Braid and Messy Bun
Britney Spears Inspired Hair and Make Up Tutorial
Carrie Underwood Inspired Hair and Makeup Tutorial
How to Create a Hair Side Braid with Ribbon
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...