A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
708 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 98
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2013~  (Read 114101 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #120 on: March 04, 2013 07:37:00 PM »

~*Congratulations, patty_o_furniture!*~
~*You are the first to earn the Potions Badge!*~

~*badge by Professor FiberAlchemist*~

To claim your badge, right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to show-off your badges: use it as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges. 

*Once revealed, a class badge can be found in the Badge Station.*

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #121 on: March 04, 2013 07:40:08 PM »

~*Congratulations, Audania1!*~
~*You are the first to earn the Arithmancy Badge!*~

To claim your badge, right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to show-off your badges: use it as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #122 on: March 04, 2013 07:41:35 PM »

~*Congratulations, noodle-bug!*~
~*You are the first to earn the Muggle Studies Badge!*~

« Last Edit: March 09, 2013 04:12:44 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #123 on: March 04, 2013 08:53:48 PM »

lol I love that Muggle Studies badge. Smiley Tickled my funnybone and now I need to get it Cheesy

And I mentioned it in my Arithmancy project turn in, but I don't know if Teag will see it back there, but THANK YOU! Your tutorial is awesome and your instructions are so easy to follow. Thanks again!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #124 on: March 04, 2013 09:47:54 PM »

Kitchen Elf Recipes

Wizards and Witches everywhere! I give to you our first delicious exhibition from the Hogwarts Kitchen Elves!

Hello all! Well, Ive had this wonderful book the Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook by Dinah Bucholz for some time now and havent made much out of it yet. Being now that I am a Kitchen Elf at least half of the time here in Hogwarts, I thought I should get to work, so to speak. My first creation from this wonderful book I chose because, first: the name is fun and second: Ive eaten something by the same name at a Renaissance Pleasure Faire years ago and it was scrumptious.
Today, we made Toad in the Hole.
The author, Dinah, put this in her Nine Recipes from the Goblet under the Lunch and Dinner in the Dining Hall, chapter 7. In Chapter 23 of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, it says The pale blue Beauxbatons carriage looked like a large, chilly, frosted pumpkin while the Durmstrang ships portholes were glazed with ice, the rigging white with frost. The house-elves (yay me!!!) down in the kitchen were outdoing themselves with a series of rich, warming stews and savory puddings. This is a bread pudding and if you have never made one before, you are in for an easy and delicious treat.

Toad in the Hole
Firstly, the recipe:
1 C all-purpose flour
tsp salt
2 large eggs
3 Tbsp butter, melted
1 C whole milk
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 pound of your favorite sausages (I bought mine from Sams Club and they were chicken with garlic and mozzarella cheese inside. Heart attack, but delicious!)

Directions
1)  To make the batter, whisk together the flour and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs until smooth, then whisk in the butter, then the milk. Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and whisk until smooth. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2) Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Ferenheight. Pour the oil into a medium-size rectangular baking dish and put into the oven to heat. In the meantime, brown the sausages in a skillet on both sides. When the oil in the baking dish is hot, carefully remove the pan from the oven. Lay the sausages in the pan. Remove the batter from the refrigerator, give it one final whisk, and pour it over the sausages. Return the pan to the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees and bake another 10 minutes, until the pudding is puffed up around the edges and the edges are brown.
Serves 4

This is what mine came out looking like. My oven sucks, just so you know. I got mine puffed up and cooked through, but not really golden and Id left mine in there nearly 10 minutes longer than the time called for. Granted, I used a smaller square dish instead of rectangle, which made for a longer cooking time due to less of a surface area. My bad. And believe me when I tell you, you must wait the full 30 minutes for the flour to soak up as much milk as it possibly can in the refrigerator. Why, you ask? Because if you dont, you will get a runny pudding that wont puff nearly as well, but will taste grossly like straight flour. Please, dont ask me how I know this.
Now, this was pretty tasty. Not my favorite, but tasty. I feel the pudding part could have had more flavor and I will try again next time adding a variety of spices like cumin and cayenne. Other than that, it was quite delicious. Even my 6 and 3 year old loved it and they are VERY hard to please.
I also added salad to make myself feel better about the straight carbs and meat Wink. Never mind the fact that it's drenched in Ranch and already half eaten..

Want to lighten the recipe up a bit? Use coconut oil instead of butter, and low fat milk in place of whole. I am sure you could also use gluten free flour in this. I personally plan on trying almond flour at some point for a sweeter flavor.
All in all, I think I would say that 4 out of 5 house elves give it their stamp of approval.
Enjoy!

Oh, and for the record, this looked and tasted nothing like what I'd had at the Renaissance Faire. That was more of a strange burrito...
This was much more managable and I can guarantee my children would never eat the other of the same name.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Naantje
« Reply #125 on: March 05, 2013 12:20:44 AM »

15 more centimeters of knitting to go before I finish my OWL! Thats about 48 more rows of 60 stitches, or less than 3000 stitches. At the speed I'm knitting rows right now, it should be finished this week Smiley Four more hours of knitting, tops! Which means I'll finish it just before winter is officially over, but it will probably only start being used come november. Spring seems to really have kicked off yesterday, people everywhere are heading outside and it is SO sunny here! The weather is really "Summer in the sun, winter in the shade" though, it's not superwarm yet. Still, today we're getting 14C, a week ago, we barely made 4C!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
CraftyLadyMJ

A crafting I'll go...

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 05, 2013 03:49:58 AM »

I'm ready to tackle a sping owl and man is things rolling along on here.

OWL Subject & Option(if available): Potions Option 1
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Spring Makeover Part 1
Since spring is on its way Im going to give my work space a crafty facelift. Im going to start off small because I dont want to get overwhelm by too big of a project and end up stopping in the middle.  I will be redoing my chair cushion, two throw pillows, four coasters, two placemats for my table, and a no sew fleece throw. 

Techniques: Bobble, triple, double, half-double, single crochet stitches, and basic hand sewing stitches.

Materials: Leftover yarn, fabric from my stash, old pillows, and seat cushion.

My goal is to be finished by March 28, 2013. The first week I will be working on the pillows. Week two, I will start the seat cushion and placemats. Week three I will begin the throw blanket and finish the placemats.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Summer HPC 2013
No more cellphone headaches!
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #127 on: March 05, 2013 05:44:06 AM »

YAY!!  First chronicle from Kitchen Elf Audania1! 
Fabulous post, and I'm going to give this recipe a go. 
Kiss Thanks Audania for all the tips! Kiss
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013 05:44:32 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #128 on: March 05, 2013 06:04:59 AM »

Did anyone else noticed that on last Craftster Gamer Wednesday jennieingram's Harry Potter Woodburned Piecepack Game Set was featured? Cool   If you haven't already, pop in and check out this fab HP piece! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: March 05, 2013 06:17:55 AM »

Oh my goodness, I didn't notice that had been featured!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on lists and forget to craft.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 98 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Butter Sauce
How to Make a Philly Cheese Steak with Cheez Whiz
How to Cook Salmon with Vegetables
How to make Dazzling Chocolate Peanut Butter Dip
Southern Catfish Chowder Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...