A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 299,179
Currently Running With Scissors:
628 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 98
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2013~  (Read 127970 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

Reject only your ignorance, and you may survive.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #110 on: March 04, 2013 09:09:05 AM »

Thanks for the recipe pottermouth. I Can't wait to try these, they look delish!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TechnicolorAquahearts

Proud Slytherin in the HP Summer Craftalong!

« Reply #111 on: March 04, 2013 02:46:51 PM »

Pottermouth- those pumpkin pasties look very tasty and thank you so much for sharing your recipe with the class!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy: www.lynnaquaheart.etsy.com
Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AquaheartStudios
Follow Me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LynnAquaheart
I have a blog about all things creative! http://lynnaquaheart.blogspot.com
Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #112 on: March 04, 2013 03:16:34 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Arithmancy
House: Ra-ra Ravenclaw!!
Project Name: Mad Hatter Christmas Ornament Hat
Project Page Link (if available): very, very loosely based on this http://lifeartcollide.blogspot.ca/2012/11/the-mad-hatter-meets-christmas.html and the wonderful teag! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=417848.0#axzz2McGipyeQ
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.)
This year for Thanksgiving, my family and I are going to Disney World. That costs A LOT of money. So, to save a bit, I am making EVERYONE'S Christmas presents (yes, right now!!) and we are keeping it small. I am making each person a Mad Hatter inspired ornament. Cheesy  
These "Hats" have 3 base parts: The brim, the very top, and the body of the hat. I just used plain old toilet paper rolls for the body and then two pieces of recycled cardboard (like from cereal boxes/zip top bag boxes) in two different sizes. I frayed the top part of the body of the hat to give it the splayed look and make it match the size of the top of the hat before glueing the whole thing together. I then added my fabrics and glued the crap out of it before adding a tie to the top. I know there was a marvelous tutorial on how to do something similar here on craftster, but I can't seem to find it  Undecided. If you do, let me know so I can link it too!

The hat pins are going in another post Wink once I've made about a million more.

Thank you so much teag! I love these cute little hats!  I knew it had to come from somebody in the HPC.... Wink

Read more: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=420911.0#ixzz2McDDS3yn
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013 08:44:52 PM by Audania1 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

teag
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #113 on: March 04, 2013 03:32:19 PM »

The tutorial is mine located here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=417848.0#axzz2McGipyeQ
THIS ROCKS   Logged

indigo_roses
« Reply #114 on: March 04, 2013 03:58:12 PM »

OWL Subject & Option (if available): History of Magic, option 3
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: SPEW Squares for Pine Ridge Reservation
Brief Description: I was inspired by our lovely Headmistress pinkleo in my choice of OWL. There is a group over on Ravelry that collects squares to seam together into blankets for Pine Ridge Reservation. It's super cold there, and they need lots of love. I used the vintage technique and pattern of crocheting granny squares. Half of the squares are traditional squares, and half of the squares were more solid squares. I created 84 (6") squares total. My muggle mother learned of what I was doing, and decided to contribute as well. As she is a muggle, she can't use the Gemino charm to produce as many squares, but she did a great job with her non-magical wand and added 24 squares! Our combined total (which will be mailed out tomorrow at lunch) is 108 squares!
Don't mind the unwoven ends. As our Headmistress knows, the crafty witch who puts the blankets together prefers to cast the charm to weave in ends herself, so she is confident the charm has been cast correctly.
Project Picture:

My squares, separated into similar color piles

My squares, separated into pattern piles

My mom's squares! (not to be considered as an official part of my OWL - I'm just showing off for her because she's awesome, but not on Craftster)

--------------------------------------------------------

Class/Challenge/House Pride: March Detention
Project Name: Hermione's Everyday Socks
Brief Description: I started these socks in the beginning of February and was really hoping to finish them before the end of the Winter Semester. Alas, it took me until the 3rd to finish the second sock. These were knit with lovely SweetGeorgia Tough Love sock yarn.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Horcrux Hunt - Slytherin's Locket
Project Name: Flower Cupcakes
Brief Description: These cupcakes were inspired by Mr. Ronald Wealsey, the bottomless pit. He absolutely loves to eat, so I'm sure that I could use these cupcakes to motivate him to help me destroy Slytherin's locket!
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
ErinAquaheart
« Reply #115 on: March 04, 2013 05:29:57 PM »

Class: Charms
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Rain, rain go AWAY!
Project Description: I am sure that someone has modified the weather to be cloudy and miserable where I am. I feel like I haven't seen the sun in DAYS! SO! To encourage clear skies (or at least give myself a sunny spot) I have made this little rainy day inspired headband. I used fringe (that I've had for an embarrassing amount of time), ribbon, and a freehand drawn rainbow heart....cause we all know a rainbow happens after all rainy bouts! Right?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
indigo_roses
« Reply #116 on: March 04, 2013 05:36:22 PM »

Erin, I know what you mean! It hasn't been raining here too much, but it has been quite grey for the last few days. We had a bit of blue sky today, so I think your headband is working! I hope it works in your area as well. Smiley

Having gotten my HoM OWL and Detention finished, I would like to propose my first NEWT!

NEWT Subject: SoAR
Project Name: Deciphering Cables
Brief Description: I have not yet learned how to make cables in my knitting. I am not afraid of them, I have just been distracted by all the projects that I could do using my current skill set. I want to broaden my horizons and conquer cables! I propose to do this by knitting two different pairs of socks. These sock patterns both contain charts for the cables. The first pair I knit will be Effervesce (on Ravelry). This pattern (and therefore chart) appears to be less complicated than my second pair, Tamino (also on Ravelry).
Based on my previous sock knitting, I believe that this project will definitely take me past 4 weeks. One pair usually takes about that long for me to do, but I wanted to do two so that I know I have mastered this skill.
For Tamino, I plan on using a skein of MadelineTosh sock yarn in the Cousteau colorway that I already have. I have not quite decided which skein I want to use for Effervesce. I have multiple in mind, and am also going to the yarn store on Wednesday night. One has not jumped out at me yet that screams "Use me!", so I may just have to place all the potentials across the room and cast an "Accio" - whichever skein reaches me first will be the winner! Tongue

NEWT Examiners, I hope you accept my proposal!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
noodle-bug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #117 on: March 04, 2013 05:58:48 PM »

I love that you guys are making squares to go to the same charity - How cool would it be if they ended up next to each other and chatted away about how there maker went to Hogwarts then both turned to each other and went 'wooah - yours too?!!?'

Erin, I love the hair-band Smiley such a cute idea

Class; Muggle Studies
House: EAGLES ROAR - GO RAVENCLAW #
link; http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=421164.0
proj:

Now, I have to confess I do not really listen to too much music, even wizard music, so I was a bit daunted by this class assignment. In true Ravenclaw style I decided to read a book on the subject, and remembering a muggle song I have heard somewhere 'Mr Sandman, send me a dream... ' I read The Sandman book by Neil Gaimen.
Well, boy, that was not a great source of research material on that song! But the book series does have lots of references to other muggle music so I have now been listening to that instead Smiley
This Hoopla demonstrates my research by depicting 'Goldie' - a baby (well, then a not so baby, much like Norbert he grew up fast!) gargoyle from the book series. I have shown him trying to sing!

« Last Edit: March 04, 2013 06:35:06 PM by noodle-bug » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #118 on: March 04, 2013 07:28:09 PM »

@noodle-bug: Fab cozies!  ~*OWL Approved*~ I love your plans for your Play Mat!  What a wondrous present, and babies are such great inspiration motivators.  Sending blessings of luck!  I can't wait to see it! Grin  And huzzah hoopla!  Love your muggle studies!

@tia: ~*OWL Approved*~ Butterflies and birds are truly magical.  And what a wondrous way to study them.  Sending blessings of luck!  I can't wait to see how the party turns out. Grin

@SKooKum: Congrats on finding the Room of Requirement! Cool

pattyO: Oh bread....such scrumptious looking bread...I can almost smell it.  :::deep breath & wistful sigh:::  Bread making is truly magical.  Kiss for recipe!

@sammylouise: Fab Magic Carpet!  ...must resist urge to dig out Pocket Knitter for I have too many WIPs

@pottermouth: mmmmmm....the HPC always seems to make me hungry Wink Cheesy Grin  Your Pumpkin Pastries look divine!  Kiss for recipe!

@Abbee: I Must Earn Hedwig CFC!!!!!

@Audania: I honestly believe that your plan to start holiday crafting now is a very wise plan.  I absolutely adore your mad hatter ornament.

@teag: THANK YOU for your tutorial!  It is fantastic and so detailed! Kiss

@indigo_roses: BRAVO!!!!  What amazing work; your hook must be your wand.  (not having to weave in ends....best part Cool) Your OWL Examiner will be by soon with your well-deserved certificate.  And YAY 1st NEWT...~*NEWT Approved*~ The study of cables shall be a challenge, but I believe in you.  Sending you blessings of luck on your SoAR journey.

@ErinAquaheart: The sun is sure to peek out with that fab charmwork. Grin
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013 07:28:37 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #119 on: March 04, 2013 07:34:08 PM »

~*Congratulations indigo_roses*~
The OWL Examiners are proud to present you with
your History of Magic OWL Certificate

Well done on completing your History of Magic OWL! 
You are now free to further your Advanced Studies by proposing another OWL or a NEWT.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 98 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Style Hollywood Inspired Waves
5 Stylist Tips For Your Next Hair Cut
Bohemian Hairstyles at the Mara Hoffman Fall 2012 Fashion Show
How to Make a Natural Mask for Dry Hair
Carolina Herrera Fall 2012 Backstage Hairstyling
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...