A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 299,134
Currently Running With Scissors:
489 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 98
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2013~  (Read 127827 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tiamatfire
« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2013 03:03:37 PM »

That lariat is fantastic, lol!

I have a submission to make, and since I missed Advanced Studies Friday, I thought I'd post my updates today!

Class: Detention
House: Gryffindor
Name: Nursery

Well Evie has been in her nursery for awhile now, but we still hadn't put up most of the decorations I'd made.  I finally got to it!
I made the birth shadow box, the name letter plaques, and framed and matted the Beatrix Potter prints.  The wall stickers were from the dollar store (the fairies nearly match one of the stickers on her letter plaques) and the Alice watercolour is a gift from a friend.

That's probably enough photos Wink  I just included close-ups of the stuff I made "from the ground up" as it were.

For my advanced studies, I have 5 complete characters now in the NEWT needlepoint, barring outlining and french knots.  There are 12 in total, so I'm almost half done.  It's hard as I can only work on it when she's asleep because she's so interested in my stuff, and I do have other hobbies I like to work on too Smiley

I think my OWL is complete (Headmistress, if you'd like more work done let me know!).

Class: OWL  Potions Option 1 Show off your ability to work with many ingredients by showcasing at least 3 different colors/pattern/texture
House: Gryffindor
Name: Play Food!

Each project took a fair amount of time, especially the farfalle and the maki.  I have more things I'd like to make her (little pizza toppings and such) but she'd just put them in her mouth right now, and I'm worried the felt might pull apart with such small pieces.  Once she's older I intend to add more!

At any rate we have

- 6 bags of tea, with a tin from Murchies
- Farfalle pasta, with a tomato sauce patch
- 6 knitted cupcakes, 3 chocolate cherry and 3 vanilla
- 8 sushi rolls (maki) that are california rolls, kappa maki, and avocado maki
- pizza crusts with tomato sauce and cheese
- crocheted dishcloth

I'd like to eventually make some tin cans using tomato paste cans as a base, but we haven't used paste in a while and it might be quite a while yet before we do!  I'm also hoping to turn a mini chocolate milk jug into a play jug, but I'm trying to figure out how to keep it from smelling.  I'm assuming wash it out really well, then rinse it in a bleach solution, then let it dry thoroughly.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
Gr33nT3a
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2013 04:14:25 PM »

I'm tired of looking at a naked Snape so I'm going to completely redo his clothing.

Of course, since my mind is always in the gutter, my first thought was, "How can you get tried of looking at a naked Snape?'

Grin

I didn't get to participate as much as I wanted to last semester with work, school, and the Holidays but I'm hoping to get some more craft time in this semester and get some more points for Ravenclaw!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Běifāng yǒu jiārn, jush r dl. Y g qīng rn chng, zi g qīng rn gu. Nng b zhī qīng chng yǔ qīng gu. Jiārn nn zi d.
北方有佳人,绝世而独立。一顾倾人城,再顾倾人国。宁不知倾城与倾国。佳人难再得。
sakuracat23

Don't make me get the flying Monkeys!!!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2013 04:39:07 PM »

Wow there's 8 pages to read already. I need to get cracking...and I just realised that I haven't updated on my owl progress...bad witch bad!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2013 04:42:06 PM »

awesome radish scarf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Moonflame
« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2013 05:05:57 PM »

OMG, what a cute radish scarf!! ^_^

And WOW to Evelyn's nursery, and adorable play food! Smiley  Fantastic job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Moonflame
CraftyLadyMJ

A crafting I'll go...

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2013 05:49:21 PM »

I have arrived again at Hogwart and as I scroll through the halls I see some new and familiar faces. I turn the corner and enter my first class of the semester. I sit down next to the window and crack open my book of Astronomy. 

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Astronomy
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Bears & Stars
Project Page Link (if available):n/a
Brief Description: In honor of  Ursa Major and Ursa Minor I created a banner with two bear appliques, stars, and a heart to represent the love Zeus. I also used some purple fabric to create the night sky as my background for the picture.

[img]

Wow, everyone have already got the crafting ball rolling.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Summer HPC 2013
No more cellphone headaches!
ErinAquaheart
« Reply #76 on: March 02, 2013 06:12:29 PM »

I can't believe how much has gone on since I posted this morning!

I love the radish scarf! I have a love of anything TwinkieChan!

Thanks for the support of the OWL! I wasn't sure if my idea sounded weird or not.

And the play food, Tiamatfire! So awesome.

And just for good measure:
Class/Challenge: Detention--March
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Sushi Kid watercolor
Project Description: I started this watercolor way back in September and then never came back to it! It's a little sushi california roll and his pet wasabi. Silly me. Well. Its finished now...
Before:

And Finished:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ErinAquaheart
« Reply #77 on: March 02, 2013 06:15:06 PM »

I was really excited about my NEWT so I just wanted to post a "teaser" of what I am focusing on doing..... painting starts tomorrow! Pisces......
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #78 on: March 02, 2013 06:27:22 PM »

Pinks, I love how completely badass that Apparation Badge is.  I once had to give a lecture to a group of high school theatre students on the costume designs in the HP films, and I had a whole section on this dress and this scene.  Cheesy
I would have loved to hear that lecture; I'm sure they were glued to their seats!  I just had to use her for Side-Along Apparition.  And I was a big fan of the change to a red dress (from lilac) ...it gave her such focus for those scenes...fierce, strong, and feminine...fabulous!  I definitely plan to snag one this one this semester. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2013 11:18:34 PM »

Class: Alchemy
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Amber's Chicken Pasta
Brief Description: I am a whiz of a witch when it comes to cooking and I love to come up with my own concoctions. This dish is very simple: whole wheat pasta, pasta sauce (preferably homemade but I used store bought for this one), chicken breast, fresh parmesan (or the cheap, if you prefer), fresh mozzarella (or shredded), and a pinch of red pepper flakes (totally optional: I like a bit of heat; you could also use fresh cayenne, if you'd like). (Note: I prepared this on Friday but didn't get a picture so I've used an old photo that I had on my phone.)

« Last Edit: March 02, 2013 11:24:10 PM by FreakieGeekie - Reason: added photo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 98 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Eric Bogosian Offers Readers Some Words of Wisdom
Vincent Flynn Talks About Protect and Defend
Speak Spanish with Dora and Diego Book Trailer
Joseph Maroon Talks About Safety Concerns for Resveratrol
Elise Primavera and Diane Goode Talk About Louise The Big Cheese
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...