A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,704
Currently Running With Scissors:
680 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 98
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2013~  (Read 119826 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jenleahlynn
« Reply #860 on: May 20, 2013 06:15:57 AM »

challenge;hunter-diary  grffendor quidditch-keeper
house:gryffendor
project crochet lbookmark

i think this is my last hunter challenge!

this is one of the items i sent in the three small movie items swap. i was researching celtic knots, inspired by the movie "brave" and i came across a similar pattern online. the crochet cord runs through the
book with a charm on one end and glass beads on the other. the weight helps keep if from slipping out of the book. It's not very clear in the  picture, but i made the charm out polymer clay, and stamped it with a paw print for the bear in the movie

i think it makes a much better bookmark than harry's sock.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013 02:13:43 PM by jenleahlynn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

harry potter craft along- winter semester
2013-art journal along
journal prompt swap
shop the swap winter
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #861 on: May 20, 2013 09:20:14 AM »

Beautiful projects everyone!

Just stopping in to say thank you for all the well wishes.  I'm doing a LOT better today than I was Thursday.  So well in fact that DH is taking me out for an Anniversary Adventure today!  Today is our 6th wedding anniversary, so we're going out for sushi at my favorite restaurant, then to see Star Trek Into Darkness, and then he's taking me to the craft store for a little visit, because I'm still not allowed to drive myself anywhere.  I'm so freakin' excited to get out of the house!  And to be able to pick up the last few things I need to finish teag's OAHPT Angel package.  Cheesy

Cheers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
jenleahlynn
« Reply #862 on: May 20, 2013 09:28:56 AM »

challenge: battle of hogwarts
house: gryffendor
project: fox books tote

Seamus Finnegan is known for blowing things up and cracking jokes in his irish accent. but somewhere along the way he also cracked some books, or at least paid attention during the DA meetings. in his 5th year, he doubted harry's claim that voldemort had returned, but later apologized. In his 7th year, he was amoung those hiding in the room of requirement to antoagonize the caros. His face was so bruised that harry didn't recognize him until he spoke. there is an impression that he was neville's second in command.
         In the battle of hogwarts, He cast a corpreal patronus in the shape of a fox. along with partonuses cast by luna and ernie , the holding back dementors who were attacking harry, hermionie, and ron. he set the charges along with neville to blow up the bridge. he also survived the battle duelling inside the castle.

my craft was part of a package sent in the ttt movie swap. it is a replica of the Fox books tote bag from 'you've got mail'. the canvas tote was purchased, and the fox was hand drawn in waterproof black and red ink. with yellow for the eyes.  this was my partners favorite piece in the package.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

harry potter craft along- winter semester
2013-art journal along
journal prompt swap
shop the swap winter
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #863 on: May 20, 2013 06:55:22 PM »

I love all of the fabulouslessness that everyone has been making! I am really loving those owl drawings, the skelegrow bottle and the wonderland bookmark! Anything wonderland is wonderful  Wink.
And now, to prove that I havent truly been slacking

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Horcrux Hunt Ron (Slytherins Locket)
House: Ravenclaw!
Project Name: Attracting butterflies headbands
Project Page Link (if available): n/a
Brief Description: My girlies wanted something fun to wear in their hair and they specifically asked for flowers. They have tons of hair clips but not many headbands, so we decided to put an end to that! Rons lament of following the butterflies instead of the spiders rang in my mind, so now he can follow them to my kiddos. Cheesy
The flowers are enormous, I know, but that's what they wanted Cheesy

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Detention with Professor McGonagle
Project Name: Dress to skirt!
Brief Description: Ok, so I bought this dress probably 7 or 8 years ago and it was just a bad idea. Im a pretty busty girl, 34DD, and triangle tops have never really worked for me. Especially with skinny straps. Honestly, I have no idea what I was thinking when I bought it. I wore it out a few times and wonder of wonders! The damn thing broke. The entire strap on the back ripped away from the rest of the dress so I threw it in my closet for 3 years saying I would do something with it later. Well, later has come! In fact it came two days ago. I simply removed the little pseudo top and straps, stitched the raw edge down and turned it into a skirt that I love wearing! Hooray!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Alchemy
Project Name: Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/deep-dish-strawberry-rhubarb-pie?crlt.pid=camp.L5Bnj4rPTWhs
Brief Description: I found this delicious recipe for Strawberry Rhubarb Pie on Pinterest and I couldnt resist. I went to the farmers market a few days before and ended up with a huge flat of strawberries and some rhubarb, hoping to make some of that deliciousness and I did! I made the pie crust from scratch (holy crap, right?) and it was actually really easy. The filling came together so easily and I threw it all in a deep dish pie crock. The only trouble is it takes 5 HOURS to cool so that the filling will set and not be all runny. Ah well. It was delicious and gone in two days. (My husband is a pie fiend.)

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Charms
Project Name: Mermaid Fingerless Gloves
Brief Description: I created a pattern and crafted up some fingerless gloves for my 6 year old to use this upcoming fall and winter when it starts getting cold again. She was in kindergarten this year and told me quite a few times how her hands would get so stinking cold at recess that she wasnt able to play as much as she wanted. So I let her go through my yarn stash and then I whipped these up last week just for her. And now I have to do the same for my three year old because she absolutely has to have everything her sister does  I will share the pattern I made up hopefully later tonight.

Pardon the crappy phone pictures. It has been taking my main computer ages to load a photo though.  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #864 on: May 20, 2013 07:48:37 PM »

Hello HPCers! Grin  As promised, I've been crafting away like a madwoman and will have lots to post soon. (ROAR Gryffindor!)  I've also been setting up and settling in the Summer Nerd Games, but I think that is now in nice groove so I can now return home to the castle (though I have been peeking in to admire everyone's work....one word, WOW! Shocked).

HPC Staff, I will be sending owls this week regarding your possible return for the Summer Semester.  Think about if you would like to stay in your position, would like a new position, what ideas you have for the Summer (remember HPC Hogwarts Quidditch Cup Tournament returns this Summer!), and any class prompt ideas will be collected.  (YES, SUMMER IS ALSO HERE!!! June 1st....a mere 12 days away! Shocked)

Students, I will be returning tomorrow to cast my House Points Spell and give proper oooooooos & ahhhhhhhhs to all your wondrous crafty magic. Grin  REMEMBRALL: Don't forget that the Horcrux Hunt ends after this semester.

~*Happy Anniversary jennie!*~

Thank you to everyone for your patience while both your headmistresses undergo medical treatments & mend, while I setup the Nerd Games (it was only fair to let Muggles share a bit of our fun Wink), and while I wrap up the school year with my children.  ((HUGS)) because y'all are the best. Kiss

Okay, off to snuggle up with my yarn.   Until tomorrow.... ~*Blessed Be!*~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #865 on: May 21, 2013 07:59:53 AM »

I thought I'd commented on some projects from way back, but I guess I was in lurker mode!!

travelgirl - Love the art supply roll. The fabric choices are so colorful and perfect!

jennie - love the charm necklace and the sentiment! Best of luck to your friend as she begins a new chapter in her "book."

Ant Bee - Wonderful blankets and SPEW work! I've really been a SPEW slacker this semester...

jenleahlynn - brilliant idea to transfigure a diadem into a necklace!

noodle-bug - love the naughty hoops - I had fun guessing what the words were Wink And your cross stitch is looking awesome!!

MamanTattoo - Your owls and quilt top are looking awesome!!! Rest and relax! Take care of yourself and your little ones!!

Eiseldora - your screen print came out great! Can't wait to see what you made in the fabric printing swap Wink

WhistleFish - your OWL is looking lovely!!

teag - AMAZING work as usual! That Skele-Gro rocks!!

patty_o - You truly are a culinary wizard. Who could forget such awesome goodies!?!? Hope the fundraiser went well!

FiberAlchemist - Wow! That quilt is beautiful!!! Great work! And I love the little tie necklace! I've been wanting one of those. Thanks for sharing how you made it! I'll be on the lookout for some tie charms...

Audania1 - Gorgeous little models! Love that Ron quote - perfect inspiration for your headbands. And mmmm.....strawberry rhubarb!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Naantje
« Reply #866 on: May 21, 2013 01:40:41 PM »

I finished my NEWT!!!
NEWT Subject: Care of Magical Creatures
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Red snuggles for newborn niece/nephew
Project Page Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=423803.0#axzz2TxfHbXle
Brief Description:
My brother and his partner are expecting the most magical creature of all: a newborn baby. It will be their third child and I wanted to gift them something to pamper my new niece or nephew. I put my crochet wand to good use and hooked up a warm, snuggly red blanket. I just finished weaving in the ends and I'm wondering if / how I should block it. It's probably going to be washed quite often and I don't think blocking it will last? It's a bit ruffly, but you won't notice that when it's in use, and I like it anyway.

The center in single crochet, the outer half is double crochet and I finished it off with scallopped edging. I hope it will be well received when the baby arrives! (And finished well ahead of time!) Switching to double crochet was a good thing, it worked up so much more quickly. All of the double crochet part, the part with the little holes and the outer three rows of single crochet I worked up in the last 2.5 weeks, while my grandmother was in hospital and after her passing. As one life leaves the world, another life enters. (I didn't take six weeks for the center though, I had worked up more already but frogged a large part when my gran had been in hospital for just a couple of days)
Project Picture:

« Last Edit: May 21, 2013 01:46:44 PM by Naantje » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #867 on: May 21, 2013 08:17:04 PM »

~*House Point Spell has been casted*~

@Abbee: Your quilt is coming along fantastically!

@Audania: Your Ron aka Slytherin Locket is so clever!  (and such adorable pics!)  YAY for dress transformation; the skirt is cute.  Oh, that pie looks scrumptious!  And cute glovettes. Grin  And well done hunting down your last horcrux! 
~*Welcome to the Order*~

@Eiseldora: An elephant is an amazing patronus. Smiley  And your print is so clean and crisp!  Oh, your Spinach Bean looks delish!

@FiberAlchemist: OMGoodness!  Your NEWT Quilt is wicked awesome!!!!  Just wowzers! Shocked  Your NEWT Examiner will be by with your certificate shortly. Cool

@jenleahlynn: Love the Fox Tote (thought of You've Got Mail right away....did a whole paper & presentation on that film for Film Appreciation...ah, fond memories of that class...anywho, love!)  And well done hunting down your last horcrux! 
~*Welcome to the Order*~

@Maman: Your owls look fantastic and your NEWT is looking amazing. Smiley

@Nanntje: YAY for finishing your NEWT!  Your Snuggle looks fantastic!  Your NEWT Examiner will be by with your certificate shortly. Cool

@noodle-bug: Love, love, love your hoopla!  So joyous...makes me smile just looking at it. Grin  And your OWL is coming along quite nicely; I can't wait to see it finished. And ~*NEWT Approved*~  YAY TM!  Sending blessings of luck! Grin  I think I've been befuddled by a Memory Charm, for I think I neglected to acknowledge your last horcrux. 
~*Welcome to the Order*~

@pattyO: What delicious SPEW work! Grin  You are amazing!  And Constellations Cookies...brilliant!

@teag: I would love to spend a crafty day with you and your wondrous creative muses!  Love your Drop Heads!  And your Skele-Gro is perfect. Grin

@travelgirl: I'm am intrigued by this Spinach smoothie. Kiss for recipe.  I'm coveting your fab handspun!  And love your squares mini flying carpets. Cool

@Whistlefish: Your OWL is looking AMAZING! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #868 on: May 21, 2013 08:48:29 PM »

~*Congratulations FiberAlchemist*~
The NEWT Examiners are proud to present you with
your Charms NEWT Certificate

Well done on completing your Charms NEWT! 
You are now free to further your Advanced Studies by proposing a NEWT and/or OWL.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #869 on: May 21, 2013 08:50:34 PM »

~*Congratulations Naantje*~
The NEWT Examiners are proud to present you with
your Care of Magical Creatures NEWT Certificate

Well done on completing your CoMC NEWT! 
You are now free to further your Advanced Studies by proposing a NEWT and/or OWL.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 98 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bethenny Frankel Talks About Naturally Thin
Crescendo Book Trailer
Regan Hoffman Offers Readers Some Words of Wisdom
Andrew Clements Talks About Smart Kids
Tyler Colman Reveals
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...