A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,179
Currently Running With Scissors:
481 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 98
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2013~  (Read 139232 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

teag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #840 on: May 16, 2013 09:16:04 PM »

Ohh Jennie Sending healing spells your way to aid in a speedy recovery- hugs
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WhistleFish
« Reply #841 on: May 16, 2013 10:14:15 PM »

OWL Update Time!

I know I've been MIA pretty much all semester, but I'm trying to at least hurry up and earn my house some points by finishing my OWL. After working on this the better part of a year....I'm finally to the border!!! I want to make a pretty thick border, probably 5-8 more rows left. Smiley

When I'm done I'll take pictures of it properly to show of the colors. (The parts that look kind of black are actually dark purple.) I am in LOVE with it though. I keep laying it out on the floor and just staring at it. Then I'll drape it over the back of the couch...then a chair, then the bed, then Luna's crib....just to admire it in different places. Hahaha.

Another week or so and I'm sure I'll be turning it in! (Also, I only have 9 more working days of work left so I'll have loads of crafting time during summer break so expect to see more of me!)

Hope you're all well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teag
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #842 on: May 16, 2013 10:56:56 PM »

Challenge: Alchemy
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Drop heads

Brief Description:

After reading historic account about the Isles of Orkney and her magical waters I just knew I had to see if these stories were true so I set out on Holiday. I decide to stay at St Margaret's Cottage a traditional stone built house which overlooks St Margaret's Hope village. My first day trip was a visit to the Tomb of the Eagles - a 5000 year old tomb excavated by a local farmer and while it was informative I really didn't find any magic so I headed out to Scapa Flow, it was there that I discovered the most unusual magical creatures shaped like water drops called stillabunt.

Because the stillabunt can't communicate with humans much of what I have learned about them has been through observation- I discovered they are herbivores and live in burrows near the waters edge and while they are magical their powers are very limited and seem to come from the magical waters they live near. I hope I learn more about them before I leave.

APARECELAVERIMUS

I struggle with sculpting faces, I am never happy with the way they come out or how long it takes me.I often redo my faces several times before I decide It's passable. This year I am determined to improve my face sculpting skills.So I am creating projects that have faces.
    I came up with these while playing around with some clay- because they are small I can make quite a few- I have learned quite a bit and am have begun developing my own techniques, while I am not quite where I want to be I think I am off to a good start.

Challenge: The Horcrux Hunt- Harry potter
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Skele-gro

Brief Description:

I have just returned from the Slug and Jigger at Diagon Alley to purchase some very important supplies for my first aid kit

APARECELAVERIMUS

The base of this was a Dollar Tree reed infuser bottle I received a couple of Christmases ago- I set it aside knowing it needed to be a bottle of skele-gro- It took polymer clay and several tries to finally achieve the look I was going for He/it is around 5" tall

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ludi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

May the Ghost Squid be with you.

Team Wordy!

« Reply #843 on: May 17, 2013 03:52:13 AM »

That skeleton is very cool!   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud member of SEEN: the Society of Ernestly Embroidering Nerds

http://ernestthesiger.org
jenleahlynn
« Reply #844 on: May 17, 2013 08:33:25 AM »

I need to convince myself that it's ok to use book pages in project.

I know what you mean - i only use looks that are already unreadable, but i still had to take a few deep breaths before i launched into my first project with them!
Among people who really love books this is so common. I've seen some really cool book art, but there is that fear that you are messing it up. on the art journal board someone suggested starting with a book that you aren't attatched to, or a foreign language book that you can look at as a pattern.

when the cover actually fell off, i altered a copy of socerers stone into bookmarks. my daughter was shocked to see me cutting it up. she said books should be repaired. but then of course she wanted the bookmark when it was finished. .....photo is from a previous semester.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013 03:39:47 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn
interested in a private atc swap-i am collecting ATC cards to be framed in a collage and auction to raise money for Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma research. (ACCRF) project blog-    atc4acc.blogspot.com

pinterest.com/jenleahlynn
travelgirl
« Reply #845 on: May 17, 2013 10:41:20 AM »

Oh Jennie I hope you start feeling better soon

I finally got a chance to do some more assignments

Class/Challenge/House Pride: May detention
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Long awaited yard
Project Page Link (if available): :
Brief Description:  I've had this wool for quite a while and decided to spin it up just so I wasn't staring at it anymore. once it was spun the white was boring so I tried my hand at dying with wilton food coloring in the microwave, and was intrigued with the results, so now I think I might be hooked on dying things. ( like I needed another obsession)
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride:Flying
House: Slytherin
Project Name: multi textured blanket squares
Project Page Link (if available): :http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/L0603.html?r=1&r=1
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.)I've been trying to use up scrap yarn as I have it and found this blanket pattern and decided it looked interesting enough to keep me un bored. Each of these squares individually remind me of little flying carpet.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #846 on: May 17, 2013 01:24:17 PM »

Yay for Advanced Studies Fridays!! I started cutting my borders and did some actual sewing! My goal was do do a line a week, but I haven't managed that yet. A couple birthdays interrupted my progress this week! Totally worth it.

Here's my progress so far:

Oh! I forgot to mention not to look to closely since my rows don't perfectly match up at the moment. The yellow square on top was bigger than the others and I didn't notice until after I'd already sewn the rows together. Won't happen again and I'm hoping that when all's said and done it won't be too noticeable. If it really bugs me, I'll tear it out and re-cut and sew. But I'm holding off for now.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013 01:27:39 PM by Abbeeroad » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Naantje
« Reply #847 on: May 17, 2013 02:07:14 PM »

I was so very grateful for all your well wishes over the past two weeks, and it saddens me to inform you that my grandmother has passed away at a quarter past six in the evening today. It was a peaceful passing though, she was surrounded by loved ones and she has not been in any pain. Up to her last waking moment, which was yesterday, she had all her wits about her, still of a very sharp mind, and she shared a bottle of champagne with my mum, two of my aunts, one of my uncles, myself and two of my cousins (her three girls) and she even still sang a merry little song! She was a fierce spirit and she will remain with us in our hearts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #848 on: May 17, 2013 03:44:14 PM »

I love crafty explosions!

~*I hope everyone is having an amazing Advanced Studies Friday!*~

I have actually accomplished a few more OWL squares, but again I shamefully report no SPEW progress.

I am doing a mad crafty dash to finish my Spring Homework...I was shocked into it as I realized that it is already pass mid-May!  WHAT!!!!?!?!?!?!!!

My plans tonight are to curl up with some yarn and hook like a mad woman. Cool

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #849 on: May 17, 2013 03:54:26 PM »

I was so very grateful for all your well wishes over the past two weeks, and it saddens me to inform you that my grandmother has passed away at a quarter past six in the evening today. It was a peaceful passing though, she was surrounded by loved ones and she has not been in any pain. Up to her last waking moment, which was yesterday, she had all her wits about her, still of a very sharp mind, and she shared a bottle of champagne with my mum, two of my aunts, one of my uncles, myself and two of my cousins (her three girls) and she even still sang a merry little song! She was a fierce spirit and she will remain with us in our hearts.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss, Naantje. You will cherish those moments with her.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 98 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Goobeldy Goo
How to Make a Paper Airplane
How to Make a Simple Paper Kite
How to Build Bridges with Popsicle Sticks
How to Make a Silhouette Art Piece
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Ticket Stub Shadowbox
Fishy fishy fishy...
Tute Tuesday: Fascinators

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...