A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 298,751
Currently Running With Scissors:
690 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 98
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2013~  (Read 126221 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

travelgirl
« Reply #800 on: May 10, 2013 11:24:03 AM »

Hello everyone man there have been so many awesome projects posted while I've been busy entertaining house guests and dragging them on hikes around the Pacific north west! I'm so excited about the new battle of hogwarts challenge. In the Mean time I Have some assignments to turn in.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Herbology
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Art supply roll
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: My niece's 8th birthday is coming up and after so I decided to sew her something as opposed to add to her collection of yet more toys. She loves art and drawing So I made here these two supply rolls that she can use to hold her things.  Both the fabrics have floral prints and I had to take great care when measuring out each little pocket for the crayons and such. Overall I'm really pleased with how they came out but won't make anymore anytime soon because it got tedious after a while.

Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie botts- baked beans
House: Slytherin
Project Name: honey pecan cookies
Brief Description: I love these cookies and it has been forever since I made them so this bean challenge was the the inspiration I needed to make them. They're so good and really easy basically like shortbread cookies only with a little extra honey and some nuts.
Project Picture:

And finally in honor of advanced studies friday here is my newt progress. I've got the top all designed, the squares all cut and most of them sewn. Hopefully I"ll be able to finish the top this weekend and start quilting.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
pottermouth
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #801 on: May 10, 2013 01:55:57 PM »

NEWT Progress: making welting for the chairs. Miles of welting. The good news is, I learned how to make continuous bias. Thank you, YouTube.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

« Reply #802 on: May 10, 2013 06:32:27 PM »

Happy Advanced Studies Friday!

In honor of the day I have carted my cut fabrics and bits out into the world. I took them for a drive, we had a lovely picnic lunch in the cab of my wee truck (me in my seat, it in its basket, the dog in the back seat. A jolly time all around.  Smiley ) and now we are having a visit together while I am dog sitting. The idea is that we will get down to business while here, but it looks so comfortable watching TV that I might not bother it this evening.

There's always tomorrow, of course.  Cool

Everyone's things look fabulous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
tiamatfire
« Reply #803 on: May 10, 2013 09:02:22 PM »

Happy advanced studies Friday!

I've finished the body of my OWL sweater and am now working on the hood.  Then the sleeves (which I think I'll knit in the round instead), sewing them in, and I'm done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

« Reply #804 on: May 11, 2013 11:14:45 AM »

Right.
Well.
So... uh... Note to self: when one plans to piece a quilt together while away from home one might wish to confirm there is thread in her project basket. Any thread at all. Oh, and a needle. That might help, too. Though without thread I suppose it's moot.

Am begining to think this fabric does not wish to be a quilt at all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #805 on: May 11, 2013 02:06:11 PM »

Challenge: Horcrux Hunt - Tom Riddle's Diary
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: Amber's 'An Open Book' Necklace

Brief Description: My good friend Amber graduated from college today.  She is a returning student, who dropped out of college years back, because she was already finding steady work as an actress.  I have loved having her around my costume shop over the last two years, and am going to miss her terribly.  As an actor, Amber's life is always a bit of an open book.  She pulls from her own life experiences, to give life to the character's she portrays on stage.  I find this kind of courage astonishing.  To be able to let people in, into the very core of yourself, in order that they might come to know themselves better, is breathtakingly brave.  So, in honor of her graduation, here is her 'An Open Book' necklace.  
Project Picture:

It includes, from left to right: An antique number 10, since she is always beautifully put together. A fairy godmother, to watch over her, and get her to the ball on time. A giant crystal, because who doesn't need a little sparkle? A rose locket, for Shakespeare's line "a rose by any other name would smell as sweet." A domino, from a scene on our stage in which she played games, both on and off the table.  A "Tart" spoon, because she is my very favorite tart. A pen nib, for the literature that she helps bring alive.  A big amber crystal, for my Amber, with the big sparkling personality.  An "Art" pendant, to remind her to keep creating.  A girl in a tutu, since she worked in my costume shop for the last 2 years.  And an A for Amber.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2013 02:06:41 PM by jennieingram » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #806 on: May 12, 2013 07:50:18 AM »

Question from the Deputy Headmistress....

Would it help if I were to post the new Bertie Bott's Challenge on Sunday *nights*, rather than Sunday mornings?  I'm going to try it out today, and see how it goes, but I'd like to hear any opinions people have on it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #807 on: May 12, 2013 12:27:19 PM »

Question from the Deputy Headmistress....

Would it help if I were to post the new Bertie Bott's Challenge on Sunday *nights*, rather than Sunday mornings?  I'm going to try it out today, and see how it goes, but I'd like to hear any opinions people have on it. 
Either way is good for me.  Plus, I always allow peeps to post the last bean during the whole of Sunday (you know, because I'm nice that way Wink)

NOTE: Since it is Mother's Day, I will extend my House Points Spell for Baked Beans to include Monday. Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

« Reply #808 on: May 12, 2013 01:18:30 PM »

I took my MK embroidery with me to my aunt and uncle's house and unfortunately, I LEFT IT there. **facepalm**
We'll be going to visit them again next week so I'll be able to pick it up.
Until then, I'll be working on something else. Don't know WHAT yet but something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #809 on: May 12, 2013 03:14:50 PM »

love the charm necklace, jennie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 98 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet Dr. Zhi Gang Sha
David Hazony Talks About The Ten Commandments
Jon Scieszka Reads from Truckery Rhymes
Crossing the Tracks Book Trailer
Rick Springfield Talks About Late, Late at Night Part 2
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...