A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,488
Currently Running With Scissors:
408 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 98
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2013~  (Read 119009 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Eiseldora
« Reply #790 on: May 08, 2013 01:05:12 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Arithmancy
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Potholder Wand
Project Page Link: Pot Holder On Ravelry  - Washcloth on Ravelry
Brief Description: For the OAHPT I made a kitchen set that included potholders and washcloths. I experimented with new techniques to create these items. For the pot holder I created my own chart, and sadly it was too short. So in addition to double knitting a wand image I added crochet borders to make it longer.
For the washcloth I created 3 mitered squares in alternating colors, and tried to knit them together into a square. It was a little less successful
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: History of Magic
Project Name: Deathly Hallows
Project Page Link: Pot Holder On Ravelry Washcloth on Ravelry
Brief Description: Being an american I did not have the privilege of attending Hogwarts school of wizardry, so I don't know much about its history. I do however know about one of its recent headmasters, Dumbledore. He was a man with many secrets. He loved stories and mysteries, and that is why the Deathly hallows intrigued him. He is said to have collected all three hallows before his death, but only rumors remain as to where these items are today.
Anyway in honor of Dumbledore I made another pot holder for the OAHPT swap. This time I double knit a Deathly Hallows.
Project Picture:

My last knitting project doesn't fill a prompt but I wanted to share my fireball dragon washcloth. The design is made using purl stitches in combination with knit.

Lastly I also sent an apron with the Hogwarts crest. I painted the crest on in white, and then two more layers in Blue to help the light blue pop on the apron

I hope you enjoyed
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013 08:45:09 PM by Eiseldora - Reason: updated links to deathly hallows and chinese fireball » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eiseldora
« Reply #791 on: May 08, 2013 01:38:20 PM »

OWL Subject & Option Potions
Project Name: House Elf Journal
Project Page Link: N/A
Brief Description: The Potions Prompt states Option 1 -Show off your ability to work with many ingredients by showcasing at least 3 different colors/pattern/textures.  Colors can be monochromatic.  A variegated yarn or one fabric swatch with various colors within it count as one color.  Option 2-Research different potions and show your mastery by crafting something inspired by it.
For this OWL i focused on Option 2 (Many of the other items included do fit Option 1, see post above).
I researched different recipes from around the world. Focusing on Italy, India, and Japan. The resources I used had all of the ingredients in American measurements, so I also converted them to metric. To make it easier for my partner to use the book I created a table of contents, and an index that referenced pretty much all of the ingredients.

I hope she enjoys her book and is able to explore many recipies.

Sample Pages:
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013 01:40:46 PM by Eiseldora » THIS ROCKS   Logged
teag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #792 on: May 08, 2013 11:46:51 PM »

Class:Apparition
Project Name: magical footprints

Brief Description:
I just signed up for a class in Magical Cartography and one of the first things we learned was creating magical foot prints

Ever since I read about the marauder's map I was captivated with the whole concept of a magical map that shows you where everyone is, but when they appeared in the movie I was blown away- I knew I had to do something that honored this brilliant piece of imaginative writing so I hand carved a couple of rubber-stamps and of course you need two because one, well that would just be silly

Class: Muggle Studies
Project Name: Musical Heads

Brief Description:

I've recently settled into a lovely little cottage in a the quaint village of Ottery St. Catchpole- I was out for my nightly stroll getting acquainted with my new surroundings when I happened upon a row of the most unusual plants with egg shaped green fruit that appeared to have faces. I picked two of the fruit and a handful of  leaves and placed them into my brown leather satchel. Herbology has always held my interest especially those plants and herbs used for spells and potions.
    I couldn't wait to get home to identify this unusual plant. Once at home I emptied my satchel, placed the two green fruit on the window sill and headed to the bookcase to grab my copy of One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore. I searched the book cover to cover but could not find any mention of this unusual plant. If I was going to have any luck in discovering what this plant was it was going to have to wait until morning, until I could go talk to Rosemary Thistle.
   Rosemary Thistle is a lovely, slightly plump, grey haired lady,that lives just outside the burrow where the Weasley's live. She has the most glorious garden you have ever seen and who, I am sure, knows everything there is to know about plants. Surely Rose will know what this plant is.
   In the morning, before I headed out to Rose's home, I put the kettle on to make my morning cup of tea, while waiting for the water to boil I turned on the Wizarding Wireless Network to listen to my favorite country music- as the music played there was a soothing rhythmic rattling sound playing in the background, I thought it was part of the song, but when the music ended the rattling sound continued, I turned the radio off and the sound continued- I stopped what I was doing and began to search for the source of the sound. I looked around the kitchen and didn't find anything, so I went to the living room, there the sound seemed to grow faint so I went back to the kitchen, still, I could not figure out where the noise was coming from, I stepped outside and again the sound was grew faint, I turned to go back into the house when I noticed  brightly colored objects sitting in the window-what? How in the world? It's the Fruit!! I rushed inside and couldn't believe my eyes or ears- sitting on the window sill trembling slightly, were the fruit! Brightly colored with perfectly formed human-like faces,I quickly snatched the fruit, and rushed off to find Rosemary Thistle. I was delighted to learn that this rare, musical plant called magemusicacapot was only grown in the west county, that they thrive on music, all kinds of music and as long as they are somewhere they can hear music the fruit will stay fresh and bright. They do best in a musical household and love living with composers and musicians.

Since Ottery St. Catchpole is a Muggle and a magical community, and there is a possibility of muggles coming across this post the following is absolutely necessary

APARECELAVERIMUS

I was inspired to create these when I happened upon quite a few plastic Easter eggs in a closet I was cleaning, I had originally thought of donating them but changed my mind while listening to some of my favorite music, I thought "Maracas"- The faces came about because I struggle with sculpting faces and this year I am focusing on improving those skills. I used creative paperclay over plastic Easter eggs filled with beans, legumes or rice, I then Painted them with acrylic paints and finished with a matte glaze to protect them
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013 06:17:26 PM by teag » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #793 on: May 09, 2013 10:48:42 AM »

You have such a neat kiddo! What a wonderful scarf! He is already developing such a creative spirit!

Those empandas look so yummy!  I used to eat them all the time in Panama!

I'm doing all I can to encourage him, lol! I still have to make him something awesome with that fantastic fabric you gave us! And mmm...I bet the empanadas in Panama were amazing!!

Eiseldora - that house elf journal looks like a lot of time and energy went into its creation! So many recipes!

teag - Your posts are so creative! Love the footstep stamps - of course you need two!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Muggle Studies
Gryffindor Quidditch: Beater - Black and Blue
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Deadmau5 Plush
Project Page Link: http://brozbeforehoes.tumblr.com/post/17709096259/teenybee-deadmau5-plush-pattern-pattern
Brief Description: My son loves music. He knows more about current music than I do (isn't that always the case?). One of his favorite artists is the DJ Deadmau5. He loves his videos and his giant mouse head. and of course, his music. He is also into plushies or "guys," so I made him a Deadmau5 plushie using the pattern linked above. He loves it!
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #794 on: May 09, 2013 04:23:49 PM »

What a great OAHPT package, Eiseldora! I especially love the DH potholder.

teag, so glad to see you around the castle and I'm blown away by your musical heads.

Abbee, your little plushie guy is cute awesome. (Can't call boys' things plushies or cute, can you?)  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eiseldora
« Reply #795 on: May 09, 2013 08:42:49 PM »

Challenge:Baked Beans
Project: Baked Lunches
Description: This week I've been experimenting with making my own homemade lunches. I tried to recreate tv dinners that I enjoy using healthier recipes.

First I recreated a old family favorite: Tuna Noodle Casserole, but I made my own creamy sauce, and added spinach and olives. No potato chips either.

After Baking

We also made homemade pizzas, but they didn't last long enough for lunches

Lastly I've been eating Manicotti for lunches as well. We baked it last week, but its still warm and cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
teag
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #796 on: May 09, 2013 09:12:17 PM »

Class: Salazar Slytherin's locket (the Horcrux Hunt)
Project Name: Caeruleusgnoma

Brief Description:

On the way to Rosemary Thistle's house there is a worn footpath that trails off into a wooded area. Yesterday I decided to pack a lunch and explore the trail in search of plants and herbs. I was on the trail for about 15 minutes when I heard something rustling in the bushes, I parted the leaves and saw.... nothing. I continued on down the path for several  minutes when in front of me I saw a blur disappearing into the bushes. Again I parted the bushes to find out what it was and again I found nothing. I headed further into the woods when, out of the corner of my eye I saw a small blue creature, similar to that of the common garden gnome except he was blue with antlers, walking on two legs in the same direction as I.
   I avoided looking directly at the creature directly, afraid that if he caught me staring at him I would scare him off. I continued  walking along the path until I came upon a clearing with a fallen log, I sat down and pulled out my lunch, hoping to lure the blue creature closer, no sooner had I opened up a container of vegetables the little blue creature was standing before me clearing his throat as if he was going to speak. Ahem, excuse me, began the little creature, might you share your lunch with me. Startled I managed to stammer you, you spoke! Why yes, my dear miss, I did. But how, I asked, what are you? I held out the container and offered him something to eat.
   My names is Germanus he said, grabbing a carrot from the container, I am a Caeruleusgnoma,with that he hopped up on the log beside me. You look sort of like a garden gnome, I replied. Miss! he shouted,as you can plainly hear and see, I am not a common Garden gnome, he snatched another carrot from the container and hopped down from the log,but before he was able to walk off, I offered an apology. I am so sorry, I said, I didn't mean to be insulting, won't you please come back and share my lunch with me. He slowly came back and took a place on the log. We sat, talking and eating for about an hour, he told me stories of his journey's, of the land he came from, that he was the last of his kind and with a large sigh that he was distantly related to the common garden gnome with limited intelligence. When the food was all gone Germanus quickly got up and left without uttering a word.

I have since learned  that the Caeruleusgnoma: or blue gnome is indeed a member of the garden gnome family but with antlers, and as you already know is capable of speaking and is moderately intelligent
APARECELAVERIMUS

Garden gnomes always conjures an image for me of Ron Weasley flinging gnomes over the hedges out of the Weasley's yard. This blue gnome with antlers was inspired by Ron.

As with the musical heads this Caeruleusgnoma started out as a plastic Easter egg, covered with paperclay, carved foam was used to form the legs then covered with paperclay, and attached to the body. The antlers are sycamore tree branches covered with paperclay.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #797 on: May 10, 2013 08:31:55 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Astronomy
Gryffindor Extra Credit: Astronomy - Star
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Rocket Ship PJ Pants
Project Page Link: N/A
Brief Description: I've had this fabric forever and I finally did something with it! I made DJ some PJ pants! It's stars, planets, and rocket ships. What does it have to do with Ursa Major? Well, this book will tell you. How else would you travel to Ursa Major than in a rocket ship?  Wink
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #798 on: May 10, 2013 09:05:33 AM »

~*Happy Advanced Studies Friday*~

My OWL Progress: 42 out of 80 squares completed! Grin (12 Earth, 11 Fire, 7 Water, 14 Air)

My NEWT Progress: None Sad ....I'll proceed ironing my hands...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FiberAlchemist

Wit Beyond Measure

View Profile WWW
« Reply #799 on: May 10, 2013 11:19:47 AM »

NEWT Progress Report:  I've nearly finished assembling the quilt top.  Then sandwiching, quilting, and binding.  I'm not going to finish by my proposed completion date (tomorrow) but I have great hopes that I will be done by the end of next week.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 98 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to make Country Fried Steak
How to make Standing Rib Roast
How to make Potato Skins
How to make Jalapeno Poppers
How to Fry Turkey
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...