A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,058
Currently Running With Scissors:
619 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 98
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2013~  (Read 117083 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #730 on: April 30, 2013 08:06:03 AM »

pottermouth - Amazing crafty magic all around! The elephant purse is so cute, I look forward to seeing your NEWT, and AH! THE BOWTRUCKLE!! Just love.

FiberAlchemist - Your afghan came out so great! Love those colors together. Your other projects are great, but Captain Crunch Cupcakes with PB Frosting? They sound amazing.

Eiseldora - Your garden is looking good! Yay for spring!

pinkleo - Yay for squares! I really love those framed flowers!!

noodle-bug - Robot pin cushion is so adorable!!!

Audania1 - mmmmm....that soup looks delicious. It happens to be rainy here today and I happen to have a cold. Really wishing I had some right now!!

tiamatfire - Yay! Completed OWL! It came out lovely!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #731 on: April 30, 2013 08:31:11 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Flying
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: Skateboard Sling
Project Page Link: http://kojo-designs.com/2011/11/gfg-guest-tutorial-skateboard-sling-by-the-boy-trifecta-2/
Brief Description: I made this for my friend's son's birthday (he's 11!). When not in use, it kind of looks like a flying carpet (shape), and it helps magically carry and transport skateboards, items that can be notoriously difficult to hold when not in use, leaving your hands free for other things!
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Bertie Bott's Dirt
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: House Elevation Project - Day 1!!
Project Page Link: N/A
Brief Description: I totally understand if this doesn't count, as I didn't actually craft anything for this, but I wanted to share the news, and the challenge just lined up too perfectly, haha. Due to flooding from Hurricane Irene, our house is being elevated four feet, and construction FINALLY began yesterday (we've only been waiting for over 1.5 years...). Here is a pic of just one of the HUGE piles of dirt being dug out around our house (we are getting a whole new foundation!) and another one just because I have it. By the end of today, it should be up on cribbing 9 ft in the air (no pic yet)! Wild.
Project Pictures:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #732 on: April 30, 2013 04:33:25 PM »

Challenge: Accio Books
House: Gryffindor
Brief Description: Sent 29 books Grin ...Junie B. Jones, Rainbow Magic, English Roses, Captain Underpants, Secret Unicorns....can you tell I had a little girl helping me pick out books? Wink Grin
Pictures:

must say, I'm completely impressed with my photo program's quick retouch to hide my address...not bad
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013 04:33:54 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #733 on: April 30, 2013 06:03:28 PM »

Challenge: Bertie Bott's Mini Challenge - Dirt
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Strawberry Tart Necklace

Brief Description: While at the Farmer's Market this weekend, I bumped into a quart of tiny red strawberries.  Hidden right there, among the green piles of kale and asian mustard greens, there were these bright red little berries, full of juicy promise.  They reminded me of a jewelry piece I had purchased a while back, and never used.  A spoon pendant that says "Tart".  So, after my corset workshop on Saturday, I put them together!   You all have my apologies for the poor picture.  It was late at night when I took it, so I had to do it indoors.  I'll replace it with a better one soon.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Summer Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #734 on: April 30, 2013 06:17:52 PM »

Note from the Deputy Headmistress....

A new Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Bean Mini-Challenge has been posted!  

What's this week's bean!?!?  Take the Portkey to the Deputy Headmistresses Office to find out!  And while you're there be sure to check out the inspiration projects from all around Craftster.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #735 on: April 30, 2013 06:26:48 PM »

Note from the Deputy Headmistress...

Hello friends!  Just wanted to stop in to say I'll be back in the thread more starting tomorrow.  Or last show has opened, and we are in the final week of classes so I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Meanwhile, I took on teaching a rather in-depth corset workshop this weekend, and it took up a great deal more time than I planned.  An old friend came to town to help with it, and ended up staying a few extra days more than I was expecting.  (Which is wonderful!)  But this leads me to an important point... 

We all have real lives, and sometimes unexpected things, like a busy week at work or an old friend visiting, come up.  I'd like to remind everyone that while pinkleo and I both love the HPC, and work very hard to make it a wonderful and welcoming place, there will be some days we don't "make it into the office" so to speak.  It may take an extra day or two for us to update challenge posts, or calculate House Points.  Please be patient with us.  We are human beings with families and jobs and lives, just like you.  We are not nameless, faceless robots who live on the interwebs.  If we do not update as quickly as you wish we would, it does not mean that we are abandoning the Craftalong, or did not notice your wonderful new project.  We simply haven't gotten to it yet.  And though we try to make as many encouraging comments as possible, we might miss commenting on something once in a while.  Again, we are human.  Please try to remember that.  Many thanks. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #736 on: April 30, 2013 08:24:59 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Hogsmeade & SPEW
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Honeydukes Strawberry Lollis
Project Page Link (if available): -
Brief Description: Who can resist a trip to Honeydukes on their Hogsmeade trip?  Not I!  Here's some fun Honeyduke's suckers.  There's the Hogwarts train, magic wand, flying car, and amortentia, and a handful of others too.  These will be going to the local young women's group to sell for camp.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #737 on: May 01, 2013 10:10:58 AM »

@Abbee: Not sure if I said this before or not, but I love the House tie dye shirts!

@travelgirl: What a nice way to carry on a family tradition.  Cheesy

@pottermouth: Your paper cutting is lovely.  You need to find a great way to display it!  And I love the Bowtruckle!

@Ant Bee: the tiny Jayne hats are adorable. Wink

@patty_o: the Trek cake is adorkable.  Wink

@FiberAlchemist: The afghan looks lovely and cozy.  Smiley  And your banana bread inspired me to make a vegan version for Ex_Gratia's visit.

@Eiseldora: Your little garden looks lovely.  Way to go on the book donation!

@tiamatfire: The baby blanket is very sweet.

@noodle-bug: Beautiful embroidery dear.  Cheesy

@pinkleo: way to go on the book donation my lovely girl!  And your squares for Pine Ridge are lovely as always.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013 10:52:33 AM by jennieingram » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #738 on: May 01, 2013 02:22:50 PM »

noodle-bug, beautiful job on your blanket and good luck on your new OWL. Your embroidery is wonderful and I can't wait to see the finished project.

pinkleo, NICE SOCKS.

Freakie, your stitching is fantastic, too!

Abbee, nice skateboard sling and oh my!!! Look at your house! Congrats on getting the project begun and hope all goes quickly.

jennie, thanks for sharing your Tart Necklace, it is berry sweet.

patty_o, Love the lollies! Candy making is no joke and yours are perfect.

Oh, there are so many more projects here....and there is a play-doh fiasco happening here....stupendous work everyone!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #739 on: May 01, 2013 06:04:08 PM »

@JennieIngram: I can't imagine the work that went into that corset class (with smoothies?!) Congrats on setting a big goal and seeing it through! And "Strawberry Tart"? I love it! I'll have to think of something for the Baked Bean challenge- I am from Boston after all! haha

@PattyO- Yay, Lollipops! Well done!

@Pinkleo- Helllllo fabulous socks! Jealous! Those last squares you did are so soothing and look at you go with Accio books as well! You're a kindness crafter extraordinaire!

@Tiamatire: the blankie came out beautifully!

@Abbee: Good luck with the house repair! What a huge project!! I like your neat idea for the skate board holder- very edgy!

@FreakieGeekie: You do such nice work! That hoop is going to be awesome.

@Eiseldora: Yay, Accio Books! And I love the modelling of your robe Smiley  The garden is looking good, I have been thinking of starting a raised bed myself, maybe this is the year...

@Noodle-bug: You've been so busy! Wow! I love the blanket repair work- great color choices and I see the boss cat approves!  I love the look of the inspiration embroidery that you chose, your interpretation will be pretty cool, if the skill on the butterfly is anything to judge by. Smiley  I love the wee robots and your idea to put a plant in the Tea for one is genius!

@FiberAlchemist:  The Afghan looks fabulous! great colors! I love the bag for the car that you did, I might have to copy you... and the hat and banana bread snacks made me wish we were going into the cozy weather rather than coming out of it... for a minute or two at least! Wink

@Pottermouth:  The Ellie Purse! The bowtruckle! (Is that on a necklace? how small is that fellow?) I'm looking forward to seeing the chairs when they get there make-over. Smiley

@Audania:  The soup recipe sounds delish- will definitely have to try that one out! The aprons are perfect- so classy!

@Sakuracat: Your local S.P.E.W. chapter i so happy to see your book donation. Yay, reading!

Phew! I think I got to everyone, now I'll make some tea and play with some yarn. Smiley

Happy Crafting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 98 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Pop-Up Sound of Music Book Trailer
Lance Price Talks About When Power Lies
Allison Leotta Talks About Law of Attraction
Maurice Hamilton Talks About Chequered Conflict
Davy Rothbart Talks About Requiem for a Paper Bag
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...