A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,166
Currently Running With Scissors:
616 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 98
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2013~  (Read 117630 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ant Bee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #700 on: April 28, 2013 08:09:56 AM »

The Weekly...
S.P.E.W. Review!

Happy Sunday, everybody!

We've made it through another week here at Hogwarts and have seen so many wonderful projects- too many to count and name by name! That's fantastic! Each time a comment gets posted with a word of encouragement, admiration or delight we put a little more good energy out into the halls.  Our Caretaker Argus Filch would like me to extend his gratitude to you (Shocker!) because all of these good energy vibes have been keeping Peeves at bay. The poltergeist was last seen racing to the old dungeons muttering  "Ooey gooey, nicey nicies, I'll come back when they turn fiesty!" So well done students, well done!
(In the interest of full disclosure Mr. Filch actually said, "These ungrateful students have proven they're not totally useless." but we can read between the lines.)

The Big Talk in the common rooms this week was about the Accio Book Challenge posted by our Deputy Headmistress- what a great way to send a little light out into the world. The Ministry has approved the delivery of books to Muggle organizations provided that Witches and Wizards take care to remain anonymous and more importantly do not donate any Wizard world reading materials.   There was a recent incident in Dorcet involving Babbity Rabbity and a wee muggle boy getting lost hiding in tree stumps- do be vigilant when boxing those books for shipping! The ministry aided the local "Please men" in finding the boy and all has been set to rights there.  Crisis averted, this time.

A reminder: The S.P.E.W. Review welcomes suggestions from students and faculty.  If you know of an organization which could use some of our crafty magic do be sure to send an owl to Ant Bee for inclusion in an upcoming Review.

Happy Crafting!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #701 on: April 28, 2013 11:31:45 AM »

Hello HPCers! Grin  Just apparating in to turn in a few assignments and bean (all squares).  I'll be back later to update...delayed to tomorrow since soccer, date night w/ game of thrones, and homework/project helping.  Hope everyone enjoys their SPEW Sunday! Grin 

Class: Charms
Gryffindor Extra Credit: Apparition~Destination-Pine Ridge Reservation & Determination-to use up stash & craft for SPEW
SPEW: Donation to Afghans for Pine Ridge
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Reducio Blankies for when you get cold.
Pattern Used: Solid Square by Jan Eaton
Brief Description: I've been practicing my Reducio spellwork.  Here are a few blankies I reducioed; now they are only 6 inches, making them perfect protection to have on hand whenever you are caught in an enchanted snowstorm, which we all know can happen anytime & anywhere....especially in the castle where so many are practicing their Weather Charms.
Project Picture:

Class: Herbology
Gryffindor Extra Credit: Alchemy: material that starts with any letter in NICOLAS FLAMEL-Acrylic yarn
Project Name: Sleeping Fanged Geraniums
Pattern Used: Framed Flower by Jan Eaton
Brief Description: As you can see below, I have successfully casted a sleeping spell on these Fanged Geraniums.  Now I can transport them from the greenhouse with no worries of bites.
Project Picture:

Challenge: Bertie Bott's Dirt Bean
Gryffindor Extra Credit: Charms: Color Change Charm! Use more than one color in your craft
Project Name: Another Batch of Sleeping Fanged Geraniums
Pattern Used: Framed Flower by Jan Eaton
Brief Description: So far, I have had quite a crop of Fanged Geraniums this spring.  I'm already casting sleep spells to plant them in my flower beds.
Project Picture:
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013 06:27:27 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #702 on: April 28, 2013 11:38:31 AM »

A few little projects for you. I still haven't been able to get a decent pic of my OWL, but I'll do that tomorrow hopefully Smiley

Challenge: Beans - Dirt
house: ravenclaw
Project: Tea pot to Plant Pot up-cycle
I'm rubbish with plants. But my friend Joe grew this for me from a seed, and I've now officially kept it alive for two whole weeks Cheesy So I re-potted it out of the plastic plant pot it was in, into this teapot; I opted for this teapot since it is part of one of those 'tea for one' sets where the pot sits on top of it's own cup... which means that, having drilled some poles in the bottom of the pot for drainage, the cup can act as a drip tray. I'm really pleased with my  plant pot, and I reckon I may even be able to keep the green stuff in it alive Cheesy

Challenge: Housepride
House: ravenclaw
project: pincushion jar
when I spotted this robot fabric I new I had to make a raven claw project from it - the color is perfect (especially with the bronze jar lid) - and the robot theme speaks of innovation and smart technology. I've dismantled a few bits of computer and appliances recntly, so this jar will be perfect to keep my hoard of craftable hardware finds in

Class: Arithmancy
House: ravenclaw
project: robot applique pincushion
I used the same fabric to make a pincushion for a swap too - applique is the art of adding two pieces of fabric together, with one behind the other; here I have embroidered a little robot and appliqued that onto a simple pincushion.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2013 11:39:29 AM by noodle-bug » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

« Reply #703 on: April 28, 2013 03:06:40 PM »

Class: CoMC
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Captured Bowtruckle!
Brief Description: Look what we caught! A wee little bowtruckle! It is super tiny, so it has to be pretty young, but it's still feisty! By the time I had gotten a good photo, he had resolved that he wasn't going anywhere, sat down, and gave me grumpyface. We've recorded our observations in a CoMC journal and will release the little guy at sundown.

It was impossible to avoid glare:

His bitty, temporary habitat:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #704 on: April 28, 2013 04:11:17 PM »

Yay for xtra crdits, Pinks! I love the flower squares Cheesy

I love your tea pot noodle! It's a great idea!  The embroidered robot is SO cute, and so is the fabric you're using. It's funny, my daughter is currently watching wall-E! ahah

And OMG Pottermouth, your hands but be all scratch from catching that bowtruckle! You made him a lovely habitat!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
Eiseldora
« Reply #705 on: April 28, 2013 05:41:03 PM »

Hogsmeade - Gladrags Wizardwear
Project: T Tunic/Robe
I make DH a wizarding robe like the ones that would be gold in the clothing shop at Hogsmeade. Its a little tight in the chest. If I make another one I'm going to make it looser.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

« Reply #706 on: April 28, 2013 08:03:16 PM »

Hello Everyone!! Wow I just checked and its been about a month since Ive been on here. I am so sorry! I was crazy busy. First it was a craft fair that I was cramming for and then life just caught up with me and the family. All is well though! Ive caught up on 30 pages of the HPC (can you BELIEVE that?) and Im ready to post some things tomorrow.  As for now, I have another of the.

Kitchen Elf Recipes

This particular one is not out of the Harry Potter Cookbook. I was perusing Pinterest (it is quite the addiction) and I was looking for something healthy that my kids would enjoy eating as well. I found this awesome Parsnip, Leek, and Sweet Potato Soup! Holy cow, is it scrumptious!! Here is the link: http://www.fortheloveoffoodblog.com/2012/01/parsnip-leek-and-sweet-potato-soup.html

If you dont go to the link, here is the recipe. I, however, highly suggest that you follow the link and check out this girls other stuff. I will definitely be making more of her tastiness.
Parsnip, Leek, and Sweet Potato Soup
Serves 2 - 4

1 Tbs olive oil
2 leeks, ends removed and chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1.5 cups Great Northern beans (or any white beans)
2 medium-large parsnips, chopped
1 medium sweet potato, chopped
6 cups vegetable broth
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried sage
1 bay leaf
salt and pepper to taste
green onions for garnish

Add oil to a large pot over medium heat. Saut leeks for three minutes. Add garlic and saut for an additional minute. Add the beans, parsnips, sweet potato, broth, thyme, sage, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil and then simmer, covered, about 30 minutes until vegetables are soft.

Remove the bay leaf. Blend the soup by using an immersion blender or transfering it to a regular blender. (If using a regular blender, be very careful as the steam can sometimes cause the lid to blow off. I recommend allowing the soup to cool for a few minutes, then blending small batches on medium speed while holding the lid down with a large pot holder or towel in my hand). Serve hot, with salt and pepper to taste, and green onions for garnish.

I also added a red pepper and two carrots so they wouldnt go bad in my fridge and it came out just SO tasty!!! I made some toast with some shredded smoked gouda cheese on it and it complemented very nicely. I think that next time I will make some fresh baked bread, but this did nicely in a pinch. Heres a pic! I hope you enjoy your versions Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #707 on: April 28, 2013 08:12:43 PM »

Delicious looking soup!  And the bowtruckle is perfect, haha!  Great job guys.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

« Reply #708 on: April 28, 2013 08:15:44 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Horcrux Hunting (Harry Potter)
Project Name: Lilly's Apron
Project Page Link (if available): none
Brief Description: Lilly Potter's name is also that of a common garden flower (duh!) and this is an apron with many common garden flowers in it that I feel she would have worn while baking up a batch of something delicious. If she had ever had the chance to have more kiddos, possibly girls, I think they would have all had matching aprons. Cheesy

« Last Edit: April 28, 2013 08:17:58 PM by Audania1 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiamatfire
« Reply #709 on: April 28, 2013 09:28:28 PM »

So much great stuff, will try to comment on it all tomorrow, but it is all awesome!

Class: DADA OWL
Name: Patronus blankie

My OWL was to turn this quilt panel into a baby blankie.  It fits perfectly as a DADA patronus, as it has both owls and squirrels on it, my husband's and my favourite animals (so likely what our patronuses would be).  I quilted around all the shapes, including the borders, and then attached a satin binding (@#*$!!!! DO NOT TRY TO DO THIS if you are using minky as a backing) with a fancy stitch and added a machine-stitched "Love Mommy" to the bottom corner.

I really hope my daughter gets attached to it, as all her special lovies (current blankie, of which we have a double, and two stuffies) are from my husband, which makes me a little wistful!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 98 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Be a Brilliant Brunette
How to Unleash Your Blonde Bombshell
Hairdressing Essentials Tool Kit Bag
How to Get a Quiff
Use Dry Shampoo to Make Your Blowout Last for Days
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...