A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,065
Currently Running With Scissors:
617 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 98
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2013~  (Read 117160 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #460 on: April 07, 2013 04:26:25 PM »

Congrats pattyO! Cool

And YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!  I finished my OWL today!!!!!!!! Grin

I'm having another allergy attack (and bouts of insomnia to top it off Tongue) so I'll be back tomorrow to update.

Oh, SPEW Pres. Ant Bee, I have been working on my SPEW projects.  I'll get them posted tomorrow. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #461 on: April 07, 2013 06:32:54 PM »

::It's the end of a lovely weekend on campus. The students are all in their common rooms and bedchambers unwinding and checking in with room mates and friends.  Some are sharing the treats they bought while visiting Hogsmeade and others are sharing their tales of woe regarding too many hours spent in the library writing that 2 foot scroll on flobberworms for Professor Grubbly-Plank.  In the common rooms the fireplaces are lit against the early spring chill and there are bowls of wrapped candy on every table and desk.  As you pass a corner table to claim your favorite chair you snap up a candy and unwrap it.  As you sit you discover that the candy had a wee note inside and you look around- everyone else seems to be reading tiny slips of paper, too.  You turn the slip over in your hand and see written out in blue: "Support SPEW- Craft For A Cause!"  Reading this you realize that you didn't notice any SPEW related postings this week and, while that's not a terrible, terrible thing, you decide to think extra hard about how you can work your favorite hobby into bringing a little light into the world for next Sunday's Review.  Your friends join you and before your conversation wanders off into what to do about that crush you have on that person over there you brainstorm a bit about charity crafting ideas, you wonderful, kind, caring an considerate student, you.::
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #462 on: April 07, 2013 07:13:32 PM »

I'm very happy I happened to be eating while viewing the last page! ..all those greens, and those scones!!! yum!!

Congrats patty!!! Very well deserved, that's a awesome project... but awesome is what you do, right? Tongue

Class: History of Magic / XTRA- DADA- Lockheart.
House: Raaaaaaaarrrw!!!
Project name: The Healer kit
Project link: http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Portrait_of_the_Healers, http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Dilys_Derwent
Desc: I hope this isn't too much of a stretch. I thought about changing my children's doctor set for a while now, since it's the classic plastic one and I find it ugly... We went to a thriftstore once and my children know that there they get to pick a toy for free. They choose the doctor kit, and while I was trying to discourage them, the lady of the shop took out that lovely leather bag so I just stopped arguing. Now I made a new stetoscope, little felt bandagde, a long crocheted too. I covered the preasure meter base to break the plasticness a bit, and I've thrown a mesuring tape because they love to mesure my belly, like the midwife does.
The link to Lockheart is that he's now permanently in St-Mungo's, England's famous magic world hospital.

and action shot, because you all love cute. (poor Victoria, she was sick all afternoon!)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #463 on: April 07, 2013 08:05:10 PM »

YAY!  Thanks everyone!  It was super fun to make.  Grin  I'm so excited to have that exceptionally beautiful badge!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SKooKuM
Miss Sews-a-lot

Dance kitty

« Reply #464 on: April 07, 2013 08:39:09 PM »

Owl Update:

Cut out my pattern and I assembled the first prototype. Needs a LOT of work. Oh gosh.

Tuesday night I'll be able to fiddle with the pattern more.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am open to personal swaps. Send a pm if you'd like to do a Harry Potter, Pokemon, BJD or Obitsu swaps.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/kitsunestudios
Mamaneedles
)O(

« Reply #465 on: April 08, 2013 05:23:22 AM »

I say it's looking great so far! How big is it??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog!
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #466 on: April 08, 2013 06:50:28 AM »

Maman - Awesome extra credits! Love your felted MLPs!! And that Dr. Kit is just the cutest! Love the in-use pic!

Moonflame - Those gel air fresheners are so clever! And I love the fabrics you chose for your hoop!

pottermouth - That cake is just awesome.

noodlebug - I love your Hogsmeade Challenge project. Way to go fair trade!

Jennie - Everything looks so delicious! Thanks as always for sharing your recipes!

travelgirl - Those scones look sooo goood! Definitely perfect tea accompaniment.

Congrats patty_o!! Well deserved!

SKooKuM - I think your pony is looking great, too!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #467 on: April 08, 2013 06:56:57 AM »

Gryffindor Announcement!!

It is with great excitement and pride that I announce Gryffindor's first Prefect of the semester:

MamanTattoo!!

With 8 completed extra credits so far this semester, she has qualified for Prefect and is well on her way to Head Girl!

Congratulations Maman!!

Here's your official letter and badge! Wear it with pride!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #468 on: April 08, 2013 07:37:37 AM »

This week is off to a wonderous start! Go HPCers!

@Pinkleo- I had already written that bit about SPEW when I saw your post, my internet has been wibbly wobbly these past few days (I'm keeping an eye out for the TARDIS!).  Smiley Hope you don't mind that I posted it anyway.

To those of you who make the fabulous badges... what program do you use?  I haven't got much in this here machine, but I'd love to see what I might put together. You guys have come up with some really great stuff!

I'll post some comments and projects later today, I can't right now because I just got a delivery of chocolate frogs from the HPA (Thanks again, Jennie, for introducing them to the board!) and I'm lovingly staring at them for a bit.  Cheesy The packaging is classy- kraft brown rectangular box with midnight blue label written in a golden ink. There's a cartoon trading card atop three 2 1/2 inch frogs nestled in a bed of shredded kraft paper (like easter basket grass, but kraft paper brown.) Unfortunately, I don't think they can take any more orders for them, I think it's like Girl Scout cookies- there's a seasonal window to order (because they don't want to ship when it's too warm).  I hope they taste as good as they look!  I got them for spring birthdays and they're perfect!

Anyway, I'm gonna break away from my chocolate infatuation and grab some yarn for another assignment.

Have a great day, everyone!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Mamaneedles
)O(

« Reply #469 on: April 08, 2013 08:46:50 AM »

Yay!! I'm a prefect now Smiley
I still have 1 class left to do, I'm currently knitting it. I'm done with my divination project and will post it on later, but now is the time for soup Smiley
I'm also working on Quidditch projects Cheesy

AND I found my Hogsmead project!!! Thanks to you all speaking and showing chocolate...

So I'll be back later, with more pictures for you. Because I love to spam this thread with my pictures!! Cheesy

Pink, we want to see your OWL!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 98 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Word Collage
How to Make Collage Frames
How to Make a Canvas Collage
A Guide to Scrapbooks Ideas
How to Find Scrapbook Stores
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...