A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 300,897
Currently Running With Scissors:
505 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 98
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2013~  (Read 128201 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2013 03:09:47 PM »

Check out the Gryffindor Bulletin Board for this semester's Extra Credit Options.

Don't forget Quidditch!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2013 04:06:35 PM »

Class: Flying
House: Ravenclaw
Project: Mother's Day Pamering Basket
I have been collecting together some bits for mother's day to make a spa-day at home kit, since my mum is always complaining how she never uses her fantastic bathroom. I have been looking for the right size basket or box to put everything in, so when I saw the flying class prompt I knew what I wanted to do!
We made some paper origami baskets in maths class (??) back before I got into hogwarts and I still do them sometimes for easter eggs etc, so I figured I would have a go in fabric.... I had a couple of practice runs first to check it would work, then I sewed two sqaures of contrasting colour fabric together to get a nicer effect on my final piece (I did all the actual making at work this evening, and ran to the haberdashery on my break to get some japanesey looking prints). The rest is mostly all just folded and ironed like you would fold and crease paper origami; but I did find that since the weight of the fabric pulls it out of shape a little (or maybe the fabric just doesn't hold the crease as well. I borrowed the bad-ass steam iron in wardrobe. Maybe some spray starch would have helped too but I didn't want to be that cheeky to ask for that as well, since I had also borrowed a machine to sew the fabric squares together!.) I had to sew a couple of little bits together - just a few stitches here and there for support, so I covered those places over with some little cover buttons made with left over fabric (cover buttons also ''borrowed'' from wardrobe. I owe those girls a bottle of something red tomorrow!). Also, where in the paper basket you would leave all 4 flaps folded down, here I picked two up and joined them at the top to form a 'handle'

see, it holds many things: mini bottle of champagne, box of chocolates, face mask, hair mask, bubble bath, body butter, and book - everything a mum needs for a nice restful bath. Once it's full the corners smoosh out a little but it still looks ok I think, and it retakes it's shape pretty well again as you take stuff out.

I just wish I had thought to make it in colours to match the bathroom! Oh well, there's always something I don't think of til it's too late Tongue

Thanks guys for the awesome class prompts! so inspiring!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013 04:14:18 PM by noodle-bug » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2013 04:25:56 PM »

So much is happening this first day!  HPC Staff are sorting their offices, students head to their classes for the first time, and headmistresses are answering lots of owls.  And tonight, I will pull out my Magic Quill and cast the House Points Spell for the Spring.  I can feel the excitement, and just can't wait to dive into some crafty magic.  On this busy day, I have yet another wondrous announcement....

Hogwarts has a new Kitchen Elf!  Audania1 will be our HPC Kitchen Elf for the Spring semester.  Look for her tales from Hogwarts Kitchen; they will arrive at least once a month.  What will she make first?  A big THANK YOU to Audania1 for taking on this task. Kiss
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013 04:26:48 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2013 06:09:21 PM »

I'm tired of looking at a naked Snape so I'm going to completely redo his clothing.
I started before heading to work and am making his clothes from some gabardine scraps I had from a costume project. The cloak was found last night, thank goodness, in my sock drawer.
I swear, I put things in the craziest places sometimes! For a while, I expected to open our fridge and find his shoes in there or something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2013 07:12:51 PM »

Kitchen Elves at Hogwarts!
(and in your wizarding homes)

Hello there fellow Hogwarts students!  In a transfiguration spell gone terribly wrong (or right, who knows) I keep randomly transforming from student to house elf and back again! Since there is not much I can do about this particular predicament, I have chosen to go into true house elf form and assist in the wonderful kitchen here at Hogwarts!

At least once a month, I will be posting a recipe I have personally tested. There will be pictures and whether the end product was good, bad, what I would change (if needed), and would I make it again. Most of my beginning recipes, in the spirit of this board, will be Harry Potter related and often from the Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook.

So sit back, relax, and enjoy! I hope you find this helpful and enjoyable as I will be delving into a world of Brittish food, magic, and fun.   

I just hope that if I fail at a recipe or two I won't have to iron my hands.... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2013 07:14:19 PM »

Reserved for the Kitchen Elf recipe index!!

Toad In the Hole
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=420911.120#axzz2NIJL1mKU

Herby Roast Chicken with Onion-Garlic Mashed Potatoes (and gravy)
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=420911.210#axzz2NIOIpbZB

Parsnip, Leek, and Sweet Potato Soup
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=420911.msg5027309#msg5027309
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013 08:20:59 PM by Audania1 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2013 08:32:49 PM »

:::pinkleo casts her House Points Spell, Student Protection Spells, and charms her Magic Quill for Spring.  May everyone have a wonderful and inspirational semester!:::

@HPC Staff: I've been wandering the castle, and I love seeing all the new and exciting things y'all have for Spring. WAY TO GO!!!

@sammylouise40: It is a great set of ATCs.  My Magic Quill needs to know which class/challenge to bespell; please edit your submission or add another post to the thread declaring it.  Thank you! Grin

@Audania1: Congratulations on completing your OWL.  How wondrous it happened on both the first day of term and Advanced Studies Friday!  And what a thoughtful present!  An OWL Examiner will be by shortly with your certificate. Cool   .....also, SQUEEE!!!!!!!, I can't wait for your Kitchen Elf posts! Grin

@ErinAquaheart: YAY for NEWT proposal!!!  Perfect way to start the term. Grin  ~*NEWT Approved*~  I cannot wait to see your finished piece; it shall be epic!

@Eiseldora: Completely understand the need for change.  I have updated your OWL.  Sending blessings of luck! Grin

@Maman: YAY Advanced Studies!!  ~*OWL Approved  I know your Element Dolls are going to be amazing!  And I peeked at Quidditch...I'm excited and already making my plans! Cool

@Abbee: So excited about Extra Credit!!!!

@noodle-bug: LOVE your interpretation of the Flying Prompt!  How clever your basket is!  And what a thoughtful present.  I sent my owl to deliver your badge; he should be flying in shortly. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2013 08:36:46 PM »

~*Congratulations Audania1*~
The OWL Examiners are proud to present you with
your Charms OWL Certificate

Well done on completing your Charms OWL! 
You are now free to further your Advanced Studies by proposing another OWL or a NEWT.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2013 08:40:21 PM »

~*Congratulations, noodle-bug!*~
~*You are the first to earn the Flying Badge!*~

To claim your badge, right click and save to your computer.  Then, you can do whatever you wish with it.  Ideas on how to show-off your badges: use it as an avatar, put it in your profile under Brief Bio, or create a pinterest board for all your badges. 

*Once revealed, a class badge can be found in the Badge Station.*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TechnicolorAquahearts

Proud Slytherin in the HP Summer Craftalong!

« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2013 03:46:12 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Flying
House:Slytherin
Project Name: A miniature replica of a flying carpet
Brief Description: What better way to understand an object than to make a model of one, so I wove a small replica of a flying carpet, of course it doesn't fly because to charm it would be to break the law banning flying carpets. Also this assignment was much more challenging than I thought it would be and there are many mistakes in it's craftsmanship, which I am sure could cause mishaps while flying. It was a great first attempt though. Even though it isn't as well executed as I would have liked, I will still enjoy using it as a small place mat or mug rug. It started out just fine, I thought I was keeping the tension even and the weaving didn't go too slowly, but after taking it off the loom it was chaos, maybe I need to do some more research on the proper methods of finishing them off.
Project Picture:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy: www.lynnaquaheart.etsy.com
Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AquaheartStudios
Follow Me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LynnAquaheart
I have a blog about all things creative! http://lynnaquaheart.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 98 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Download Scratch
How to use Scratch Basic Interface
How to Create a Pong Game Part 1/2- Scratch
How to Use Sprite Sheets
How to Create Basic Movement - Sprite Sheet
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...