A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,103
Currently Running With Scissors:
446 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 98
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2013~  (Read 106851 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ant Bee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #380 on: March 31, 2013 08:40:15 AM »

*Cheesy Game Show announcer voice* Annnnd welcome once again good witches and wizards to the Hogwarts Spring semester Sundaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaayyyyy

SPEW REVIEW!!!
Yaaaaaaay *Muppet arms*

This week we once again share our gratitude for PinkLeo and her amazing stash busting for a cause- another square for charity!  This time it is a 12" square in a loverly purple and blue that just begs to be added to any Burrow decor. Thanks for posting under the SPEW header, Pinkleo, keep up the good works!

As regular thread readers will know I also finished another SPEW project- a wee bunny hat and banket set for the NICU. I plan at least one more set to complete the package, this one will be a blanket and gown.

Please keep your local charities in mind when planning your next projects, you'd be surprised by what craftiness can brighten a stranger's day!

That ends this week's edition of The Sunday SPEW Review, we now return you to your regularly scheduled compliments...

In no particular order:

JennieIngram: I like the added ripple to the wash cloth, it gives it a bit of whimsy! And the round 'ghan is really lookin' good, I don't know if I could make a round blanket, it looks tricky.  I love how it looks on the swing, too!  I hope you are feeling better!

MoonFlame:  Great ideas for the fairy garden- I've seen a few random tres around that re just begging for little Faerie accessories. One of these days I'm going to secretly add some doors and bits and surprise the kids in the neighborhood.  I'd love to hear them find them for the first time.  I babysit a fair few of them so it would be pretty fun.

Patty-O: Potter's Pants that's a FABULOUS swap gift!!! Every time you post something I'm blown away. Seriously, I've got such a Crafster Crush on you it would be embarrassing if we met face-to-face. My Slytherin greens are full of envy. Smiley

Eiseldora: great idea for the dish soap! Folks really embraced that Bertie Botts Bean challenge, I love it!

Krashromance:  1050 squares? Merlin's Beard that's a lot of knitting! Good luck! I'd like to say, too, that no one would judge you if you decided to make those squares larger if it might help make the project less daunting. Enjoy the process though, that's why we do these things, right?

Noodle-Bug:  The baby mat came out great! I love it!  

Jenlealynn: The colors on your painting are looking great! And learning new things is always good.  Enjoy!

Maman: That little pony is amazing! I'm in awe.

Well, It seems that I've way exceeded my exclamation mark quota for the week, so I guess I'll sign off now before the grammar police show up.  I hope everyone has a fabulous Sunday, and remember to have fun for Gred&Forge day tomorrow  Wink
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013 08:49:31 AM by Ant Bee - Reason: formatting » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
MamanTattoo
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #381 on: March 31, 2013 09:39:28 AM »

Thanks everyone. I had to make another Rainbow Dash for a friend since she was jealous and wanted one for her I mean her 3yr old daughter Smiley

Patty!! It looks SO professional! You always amaze me!!

Great OWL Noodle!! It's really cute Smiley

Jenlea: You should really take your picture on day time near a window! I'm seeing the potential but I'm always sad I can't see the true colors of your painting!!!

I left most of the things home, part from my needle-felting supplies (to make ponies) and yarn to knit yet another owl sweater. I got it this time, It fits my little guy and he hasn't took it out since I finished it...

I'm so near being done with my OWL and I'm done with my NEWT! Smiley now thinking of which OWL or NEWT class I'm taking next....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #382 on: March 31, 2013 12:59:28 PM »

Dear Deputy Headmistress, Please excuse this tiny use of my time turner.  As you know, my daughter's birthday party was yesterday, and just didn't allow for computer time.  How could I pull myself away from such fun as watching her doing things like this...

Challenge: Bean-Soap
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Soap Coat 2
Free Pattern Link: Spa Soap Coat by Ellen Bloom

I loved my scrubby one so much that I had to hook up another.  A quick & easy project, definitely, definitely making these for holiday baskets.

okay...back to Easter activities...time for the parent egg hunt Cool
Will be back tomorrow with my Magic Quill & House Points Spell. Grin
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013 01:07:54 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #383 on: March 31, 2013 08:51:18 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Care of Magical Creatures
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Marauders Map Card
Project Page Link (if available): http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=422073.0#axzz2PBCf5cP2
Brief Description: Bowtruckles are skilled at camouflage.  I wanted to try my hand at a type of camouflage.  With this Marauders Map card I camouflaged my greetings to Pinkleo in some of the writings of the walls.  At first you may just see the classrooms but with a more careful eye you can pick out more fun.  For more pics and to see how neat the card is to open and open you can follow the project page link.
Project Picture:
front

middle

secret words!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #384 on: April 01, 2013 03:25:48 AM »

Owl Proposal!

OWL Subject & Option: History of Magic option 3
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Auntie Olive's Blanket
Brief Description:
so, I am now feeling a bit more inspired to get out the blanket OWL I put away at the start of the term. Maybe it's because it's snowing AGAIN here (our practice in charms must have done something to the local climate...). Anyway, this time I am determined to push through and finish.
So, of the extensive repair works needed I have done the patching already, and all that remains is to bind the original vintage blanket (knitted mum was preggers with me by my great aunt) to the new backing I have made (to stabilise it, because it had so many holes it was pulling itself out of shape.. and that tension was making the holes bigger... and so a vicious circle had begun). To bind it I am using blanket stitch done in a cotton yarn. That is not as easy as it may seem purely becasue of the amount of yarn I am having to sew with - pulling through many many meters with every stitch. Anyway, the first short edge took a week. I have one more short edge plus 2 long, and since the long edges are not quite twice as long in length I am hoping they will take not quite twice as long in time; so
- one week for the remaining short edge
- one & half - two weeks for each long edge
comes to 4 -6 weeks to finish. However since, as I sew there is less and less yarn to pull through (I hope that make sense.... because some has already been used by the sewing I've done) I hope the process will speed up and I will therefore be looking at nearer the 4 week mark than the 6.

I am SO determined to finish this time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Naantje
« Reply #385 on: April 01, 2013 06:32:18 AM »

Looks like craftster is well underway to implementing their Monday! supercalifragilisti cexpialidocious celebrations of Fred&George day!

I've noticed these changing so far: Naantje goes back to censor herself, everybody should be able to have the same fun in their easter egg hunt!

(Over at a forum I moderate, I took the name of applejuice, we coloured the entire forum pink and added ssswords to the filter.)

« Last Edit: April 01, 2013 07:27:48 AM by Naantje » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #386 on: April 01, 2013 06:40:18 AM »

I have no idea what you are talking about... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #387 on: April 01, 2013 06:48:27 AM »

Ahaha! These w0rd fools are fun.  I put sw0rds in the map card.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Naantje
« Reply #388 on: April 01, 2013 06:55:59 AM »

I'm loving the new display images at the top left corner too. Craftster is going crazy Tongue (Biscuit and bacon, what are you before changing?!)

words is funny, because when you edit a post or quote it, it grows every time Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #389 on: April 01, 2013 08:18:11 AM »

Note from the Deputy Headmistress...

Your Deputy Headmistress must apologize.  It seems that even though I made a Detention Challenge Badge for March, I forgot to upload it, or even award it the first time!  So, for MamanTattoo, pinkleo, tiamatfire, indigo_roses, noodle-bug, ErinAquaheart, FreakieGeekie, & travelgirl, here is your missing badge.

In further Detention News, the Detention prompt for April has been posted!  (And no, it is not a hoax.)  It is Detention with McGonagall, and as we all know, Prof. McGonagall never jokes about Detentnion.  Look at that face.  She is not kidding about your serious lack of judgement.  Be sure to take the Portkey to Detention to see the new prompt.

Remember, you can do any, all, or none of the Detention Challenges as they come up each month.  The goal here is always to be excited about our crafting! 

Also please remember tbucket you may submit ANY of the Detention Challenges at ANY time during the semester.  For example, you may turn in the March or April challenges in May.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on lists and forget to craft.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 98 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Light Painting and Starlight Photography
The Retouching
Retouching the Background in Photoshop
Processing the Raw File
Post Production of a Landscape Photograph
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...