A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,388
Currently Running With Scissors:
785 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 98
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2013~  (Read 113820 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Naantje
« Reply #320 on: March 22, 2013 11:29:13 AM »

Newt-progress pic, complete with tapemeasure (in cm's). It's hooking up quite quickly, but I must be careful for my neck, shoulders and wrists! So far, I don't think I'm at risk for RSI yet, but I tend to become quite single-minded when working the project.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #321 on: March 22, 2013 12:43:20 PM »

OWL progress
Finished!  ~magical little dance~  It's a surprise so no pics yet.  Next week for sure!  Going to let it dry well and off it'll go.  I'm so glad for the OAHPT extension because I was going to leave something out that I wanted to do (wouldn't have affected the project) but got that mini done too.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiamatfire
« Reply #322 on: March 22, 2013 02:36:40 PM »

Great projects everyone!  Looks like lots of people are doing advanced studies (and making great progress)!

I haven't done a thing on my NEWT, because the OWL is so time-dependent and my family is coming up, so I need to get the house ready.  I've done more for the OWL though!

Party hats!  One for my girl (the little blonde one) and one for her little friend (the brunette).

The toppers are from the dollar store, I thought they were just perfect Cheesy  I edged the hats in gingham ribbon, and the pictures are ones I coloured in using a free picture online.

Birthday banner!  Gosh I love how this turned out.  It's 6" squares of scrapbooking paper, and I printed out the letters (outlines only) huge and in mirror image, so that when I cut them out and pasted them down you wouldn't see any of the printing lines.

A finished little dress!  You might get an action shot from her party, but it's a size 2T so if I can even get her in it it's going to be ENORMOUS as she's barely wearing 12 mo. clothes and doesn't yet fit 1T.  I was surprised by how big the pattern came out, considering it's an original 1963 one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
noodle-bug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #323 on: March 22, 2013 04:46:31 PM »

Headmistress, I'm so sorry I didn't explain properly -0 I actually meant the mothering link as my 'theme' for that hoop, but I did a pretty terrible job of explaining it.
I'd massively recommend 'The Eyre Affair' (the first thursday next book, and my favourite of the series) to anyone, particularly someone who likes to read (it would help if you have read or know the story of jane eyre too, as there are a couple of jokes you may miss if not - but it's not essential). It's hilarious*

*actually, I have just remembered that I will be given 24 copie of this book to give away on World Book Night soon - eek! I love sharing my favourite books Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #324 on: March 22, 2013 07:23:48 PM »

Ah!!! It makes more sense. I really don't know what story you were talking about Noodle!!

The little dress came out perfect, tia! My daughter is very small torse-wise, so any dress I make her fits her for a long time. She's almost 5 and still wear dresses that are size 3!

lovely tiedye, jenleahlynn! It love the idea for easter!

I'm mostly done on my secret NEWT! Cheesy I must do little details and I'll be ready to ship, probably next week Smiley

OWL PROGRESS:

I'm done with my Water element, the Undine. I found out it's hard to control an industrial machine, and it gaves a wonky body and head with the jersey knit... but my daughter still love her, and she requested the eyelid, which I find really cute!
The other elements are cut but I'm working on my OWL and the second Ostara sweater for my son, so they are pilled, waiting.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2013 07:26:17 PM by MamanTattoo - Reason: typo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
CraftyLadyMJ

A crafting I'll go...

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 22, 2013 11:15:26 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Charms
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Spring Poncho
Project Page Link (if available):n/
Brief Description: Since where I live at the weather is crazy. Its cold one day, hot the next, and rain just outta the blue. So for some protection from the weather I went with something stylist a poncho, warm, light weight, and in spring colors.  I used Red Heart Super Saver yarn, French Country, worsted/medium-4, 2 rolls.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2013 11:18:04 PM by CraftyLadyMJ » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Summer HPC 2013
No more cellphone headaches!
patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #326 on: March 23, 2013 07:35:35 AM »

Beautiful poncho MJ!

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Transfigurations
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Peeps Earrings
Project Page Link (if available): -
Brief Description: Decided to put my Lapifors spell to good use and make a little rabbit good luck charm for easter!  Sparkly Peeps earrings with a swarovski crystal for some extra shine.  Peeps are made from glitter coated clay.  Love them!  Will probably wear them for a week straight, lol.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #327 on: March 23, 2013 09:45:57 AM »

Ah!!! It makes more sense. I really don't know what story you were talking about Noodle!!

sorry - I do tend to forget that people can't see inside my head, so I don't explain the various leaps i've made to get to whatever end point... you should just be glad that you're not marking my elecromagnetics homework!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

Reject only your ignorance, and you may survive.

« Reply #328 on: March 23, 2013 09:16:01 PM »

It's a bit late but I wanted to post an update on my OWL. I worked my butt of on it and got this far...

...until I ran out of yarn.
This is all that's left:

Sad Face Sad Hubby let me order some more but I'll have to wait for it to get here before I finish it.

So instead I've been working on my NEWT. I finished the waist decreases on my sweater. I have 1.5" of knitting in pattern then I can start the bust increases. It's actually going quite well.

I've finished another project, but I haven't gotten around to blocking and photographing it yet. Hopefully I'll get that done soon.

I'm loving everyone's projects! That Neville hoop and drawing! I totally need to start my horcrux hunt!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #329 on: March 24, 2013 08:31:58 AM »

Note from the Deputy Headmistress....

Our newest Witch of the Week for the semester has been posted!  Be sure to check the Witch of the Week Board to find out who it is!!!

« Last Edit: March 24, 2013 08:32:42 AM by jennieingram » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on lists and forget to craft.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 98 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Filet Mignon Crostini Recipe for Thanksgiving
How to Make Gourmet Macaroni and Cheese
How to Make Hash Browns
How to Make Hush Puppies
How to Make Hot Sauce for Buffalo Wings
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...