A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,053
Currently Running With Scissors:
479 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 98
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2013~  (Read 148502 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mamaneedles
)O( * ॐ

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #290 on: March 19, 2013 06:08:23 PM »

Naantje, red (very nice choice!) is also said to remind babies of being in-utero and therefor holds shooting skills Cheesy

Lol I just about died!! I'm sure you meant "soothing" skills lol

Ahah!! Yes! sorry! sometimes I can't help writting stupid mistake like that, ah! second language of mine Tongue

Ant, that's a very cute (and very tiny!!!) hat! You should reclame SPEW credits for it as well Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog! (and where I sell my dolls!)
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #291 on: March 19, 2013 07:17:34 PM »

Ant, that's a very cute (and very tiny!!!) hat! You should reclame SPEW credits for it as well Smiley

Oh my!  Thanks for catching that! I was distracted when I posted and thought I had put SPEW on there,too. Oops!  Good catch, Maman!  You wouldn't know I was the president of our SPEW Crew. haha!

This is the smallest hat I will make, the others will go up from there. It's teeny tiny and I hope no babies will be small (and therefore sick) enough to fit in it and then maybe someone could use it for a stuffed animal or doll.  But, I read that whatever size hats you make there will eventually be a head the right size for it so I decided to make a variety of sizes.

Going back to edit for SPEW points... have a great night, everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
pottermouth
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #292 on: March 19, 2013 08:51:39 PM »

pinkleo! Afghan! Beautiful!

Abbee- love the Dumbledore flag. The star on the end was a perfect touch.

Freakie- Snape! It hilarious that he is clothed in only his scarf. He is not amused.

noodle-bug- your Neville is perfect. I love him!

tia- The peek-a-box is a brilliant idea. Great repurposing!

Ant Bee- it's so tiny! And so cute! And so tiny!

Class: DADA
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: My Patronus is a Gnome.
Brief Description: To honour my patronus, the humble gnome, I went with creating (for the first time) a tunnel book. Even though I had no idea what I was doing, I had the urge to do it, and here is the result.

In this one you can sort of see the "layers" of panels that are glued onto two accordion folded papers.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2013 08:54:57 PM by pottermouth - Reason: added wrong pic. it's late. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

krashromance
« Reply #293 on: March 19, 2013 09:05:44 PM »

OWL Subject & Option(if available):  Potions option 1
House:  Ravenclaw
Project Name: Snape's Quilt
Brief Description: My plan is to make a quilt for a queen size bed with dark, cool colors that you would most likely find in Snape's office.  Mostly blues, grays, and purples.  I plan on knitting the squares, which I have never done, and stitching them together.  Once I measure the blanket and respective square patterns my plan is to set a weekly number of squares to complete.  I am looking at a time-frame of 6 to 8 weeks.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Naantje
« Reply #294 on: March 20, 2013 03:25:17 AM »

Naantje, red (very nice choice!) is also said to remind babies of being in-utero and therefor holds shooting skills Cheesy

Lol I just about died!! I'm sure you meant "soothing" skills lol

Well, it IS kind of quaffle red, maybe the blanky will help my new niece or nephew to become a brilliant Chaser?  Grin

Also: yay for stitch markers! I bought a bag of jewellery clasps for the purpose because I couldn't find true stitch markers, and boy, does it make working in the round practical. I need to increase 6 stitches per round, and counting gets really tedious ánd you can't watch TV / have conversation at the same time. The blanket is already the size of a medium potholder (18cm diameter) but the middle always works up quickest, right Tongue

Edit: Scrap that! I've wrecked the first jewellery clasp already... I need to find a different kind of stitch markers. Sad
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013 05:30:28 AM by Naantje » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #295 on: March 20, 2013 06:24:30 AM »

I love the idea of a gnome patronus Smiley and great work on the tunnel too, it looks ace

Class: Astronomy
House: Ravenclaw
Project: Dudette Dodo

This hoop features Pickwick, the dodo pet of Thursday in Jasper Fforde's Thursday Next series. Everyone thinks Pickwick is a boy dodo... right up until she lays an egg and becomes a mother!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #296 on: March 20, 2013 06:59:06 AM »

Love your binders, tiamatfire. What a great way to keep those memories. And of course the ribbon box is genius.

Ant Bee - AH! Adorable!

pottermouth - Awesome! As usual, I can't believe that's your first try.

noodle-bug - another great hoop! The raw edges on the dodo are wonderful.

My Secret OWL to Maman should be arriving today!!! Hope to have a completed OWL to show off later...Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #297 on: March 20, 2013 06:18:56 PM »

Hi everyone!  Happy Spring!! Grin   Of course I must immediately suffer spring allergies! Tongue  But this will not stop me from tending my garden and enjoying the spring air. Cool

@krashromance: ~*OWL Approved*~  I'll be back tomorrow with my quill & spell, and will link it in then.  I just didn't want you wait a minute longer to begin such an EPICALLY AWESOME OWL! Sending blessings of luck! Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mamaneedles
)O( * ॐ

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #298 on: March 20, 2013 06:30:14 PM »

Cheesy!!!

Wait till you see what Abbee made for us. IT IS AWESOME, no wrong use of the name!!! I could post pictures already since I took a bunch but I'll wait for her to revail her OWL and wait for the AHPT gallery Cheesy

meanwhile I have something I completed:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Apparition
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Merrick and Mariann felt dollies.
Brief Description: I quickly did those two yesterday evening as presents to put in their Ostara eggs for our hunt. Ostara is another name for the Spring quinox and it's a tradition that they woke up with a basket nearby to start gathering eggs. They are fully undressable Smiley
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: SoAR
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Owlet shirt
Brief Description: I originally did this for Merrick, but it ended up quite too small, so I figured we'd give it to a friend. Merrick was so happy to receive it, and so disapointed it didn't fit, but was really happy to give it to little Izan! (he aslo gave him two other shirts that day... ahah!)
A knitted item always bring me joy, and I guess it's true that you'd always find something to whom it fits. Look at this glorious and happy face wearing the shirt! And doesn't it look comfortable? Cheesy

I'm sorry Noodle... can you explan to me how a Dodo is related to Ursa major? I'm quite confused! (the dodo looks great!)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013 06:45:38 PM by MamanTattoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog! (and where I sell my dolls!)
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!
tiamatfire
« Reply #299 on: March 20, 2013 07:08:57 PM »

Pffft spring.  We're supposed to get another 10-15 cm of snow overnight and just had 30+ cm fall from last Thursday to Sunday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 98 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Anders De La Motte on the Game Trilogy
Su Meck Talks About Forgetting to Remember
The 17 Day Diet Saved Their Lives
The Leading Indicators: A Short History of the Numbers That Rule Our World
Anjelica Huston on Her Father, John Huston
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Creamy Pasta with Peas
@Home This Weekend: Patriotic Planter
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...