A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,458
Currently Running With Scissors:
770 Guests and 39 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 98
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: HP Craftalong ~Spring Semester 2013~  (Read 118882 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #150 on: March 06, 2013 05:31:21 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Horcrux - Diadem
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Floo Powder
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: Fiendfyre on your tail?  Use that fire to your advantage.  Keep a jar of floo powder around and get out before the fire gets hot!  Great to keep on your mantle to use before your personal fire. 
~~wasn't sure if I wanted to post this or not as it was a swap item and -sigh- broke in transit.  Oh well, guess it might inspire someone out there.  At least chughes was able to put the label to use on her own floo powder jar!
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Horcrux - Cup
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Hunger Games Clock
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: Hermione is a master of time with her time turner!  Here's another way to keep time. 
~~All the "numbers" of the clock are only listed as the symbols of each of the Hunger Games districts with the capitol seal in the middle.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

Reject only your ignorance, and you may survive.

« Reply #151 on: March 06, 2013 08:13:40 PM »

What amazing projects patt_o! I wish I could use the geminio charm and make a copy for myself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #152 on: March 06, 2013 10:13:05 PM »

You guys are all so inspiring!  Now I want to make some stitch markers, attempt knitting again (ahem), and now I apparently need a new clock...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: March 07, 2013 05:48:04 AM »

Got to rant briefly about my NEWT. I didn't consider how weighty this quilt is and that is making it incredibly difficult to sew. Also, due to the stretchiness of the shirts, I have had issues with bunching.  There are innumerable pins in it yet it still stretches. For the past hour I have rolled the quilt to make it more manageable, sewn a tiny way, turned the quilt, rerolled, and sewed some more. My kids will be graduated before I get this thing right! At this point, I am considering hand sewing the darned thing. WAAAAAAHHH!!!!

Did you use interfacing for the tee shirts?   Undecided
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013 05:50:18 AM by jennieingram » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #154 on: March 07, 2013 06:08:59 AM »

Just to warn you... I'VE GOT A SEWING MACHINE!!! beware, ladies!! Tongue

I'm 15 pages behing, I'll try not to forgot anyone...:

First, the new chocofrog cards are awesome!

I really don't know what to do with the Bacon challenge! ahah

Congrat WoTW, it's very well deserved Smiley

Know that I will arrange the Quidditch Pitch in a timely manner....

CHUGhes, those shoes are wonderful. I love them!!!

Noodle, that's a great project. I bet it'll be so useful!

Patty... hum.... I need a toast know!

Pottermouth, I actually bought a pumpkin shaped cookie cutter for the sole use of this recipe! Smiley

Indigo... wow. So many squares, and you're all giving them... you're great!

Congrats on learning to knit, Naantje!

I love you flag, Abbee Smiley so true... And that monster is cute!!

Yay Jenleah! It's very pretty! I want to master watercolor one day... I'm far from it!

Love the floo powder Patty!

*will be back today with projects so show! ^ ^*

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
jenleahlynn
« Reply #155 on: March 07, 2013 06:18:27 AM »

class/challenge: horcrux hunt-harry-/ spew
house- gryffendor
project name-lilly card

i saw the link to operation write home on the spew website and i thought it was such a cool idea. they collect handmade cards and send them to people serving in the military to use when writing home to their families. our church is putting together care packages so i decided to make some cards to include. i left the insides blank so they can be used for more than one type of occasion.

this one is a hand drawn easter lilly about the size of an atc card.  matted on paisly paper and a dark green card stock. since the inside of the card is dark, i lined it in lighter green paper so the writing will show up.

class/challenge-arithamancy/ spew
house-gryffendor
project-boy/girl card set

instead of creating cards one by one, i tried a more massed produced approach. i measured out a grid on watercolor paper, then stamped images from the same set in waterproof ink. then added color with watercolor pencils. the fabric flowers are some that i recieved in the givers/needers swap. they came with a set of matching rub-ons, so it was easy to coordinate colors in the diffrent layers. i quickly made 2 of each style.

class/challenge: aparrition
house: gryffendor
project-birthday cards

once i had the layout and colors in mind, it was easy to create more than one cards on the same theme. the cake slice is a rubon accented with watercolor pencil. the cupcake was from the same rubon set but was to small, so i drew it larger.

same idea, same layout, but a solid card instead of the dots.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

harry potter craft along- winter semester
2013-art journal along
journal prompt swap
shop the swap winter
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #156 on: March 07, 2013 06:48:04 AM »

Shadowmere is creepy cool, FreakieGeekie.

Beautiful OWL, jenleahlynn and I love all your cards!

Awesome stuff as usual, patty.

Yay for sewing machine, Maman! Look out!

pottermouth - oh no! I've been thinking I'm going to tie my quilt with embroidery floss. I might have to patch it over the years, but I think it's the most likely way I'm ever going to finish this thing. I'm sure you'll figure something out. It was looking sooo cool!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

« Reply #157 on: March 07, 2013 09:24:06 AM »

:: Rummages around desk examining various scrolls and lookingfor her quill. Finally, she pulls out a wand and flicks it at desk which causes everything to jump to attention and organize itself beautifully.  She picks up a quill and a scroll and sets to writing hercomments::

So many great projects have been posted! Good work, students, lets keep our momentum chugging right along now.  Here are some comments on the assignments in no particular order:

CHughes: those shoes! I have no words...so amazing!

PinkLeo: SPEW to the rescue! Those squares look great! I love that they are similar yet different. If worked together into one blanket they would add a lot of interest even if all the same color. Great work!

JennieIngram: I hope you have been able to get some relaxing and yarning time after all your big chore time over the weekend.  That bracelet is fabulous as always and I checked out your spotlighted wooden game and it is soo cool! Very inspirational for upcoming gift giving!

Noodlebug: I love your use of practice knitting for the mug hugs- that's a great idea! I do love me my stash-busting!  And your wee "Meep" hoop is very cute. Smiley

Patty-O:  That is one fine looking bread!  I can practically smell it... mmmm...... with butter melting just so.... mmm.... ::Eyes glaze over and mouth starts watering til she snaps out of it.::    oh, and I'm so sorry to hear your Floo pot broke in transit! That is such a bummer, it was so stinkin' cute!

PotterMouth: The recipes look delish- can you tell me the correct pronunciation of pasties? I tried googling them and got an eyefull of stripper costumes! oops!

Audania: Speaking of recipes, what a great idea to be a Kitchen Elf!  I loved that cookbook (got it from library for a little light reading) and only had a few differences in translations.   Mainly I find it difficult to swallow that a "Cauldron Cake" would be a pancake.  Unless it's a Brit thing to buy loose pancakes and eat them as snacks on a train.  It makes much more sense that they would be cupcakes, don't you agree? Anyway, you seem to be full of great ideas- I love that hat ornament! I love that you are thinking ahead to the holidays when the pressure of deadline is much less.  Well played!

IndigoRoses: Yay, SPEW Squares! They look great and so very plentiful!  I love the socks, too.  One day soon I hope to try m wand at a nice pair of socks.  Good luck with the cables, they really are pretty straightforward once you get the hang of it. I know you'll ace them!

Erin:  Nice headband!  I love the creativity there. Keep making Slytherin proud!

Naantje: The scarf looks great! I'm glad to see you you tried new skills and achieved greatness- how very Slythee of you!

Moonflame: Pretty stitch markers!  love them!

Abbeeroad: Love the diary page flag idea, how unique!  It would look great in a classroom or over a kid's homework station, too. The tooth monster looks so fun!

FreakieGeekie: That is one shiny dark horse you got there.  Good work on redesigning it!  I still want to get a glimpse at your Snape doll, too. Smiley

Pottermouth: I feel your quilty pain.  Best of luck, I know you will prevail!

Jenleahlynn: Congrats on taking the leap and putting yourself out there- good luck with the show!  I love your cards, too.  Thanks for crafting for SPEW!

I hope I didn't forget anybody, if so please know that it wasn't intentional.  I'm up to my robe sleeves in job hunting scrolls and plans for upcoming projects and my Crup has an insatiable Frisbee need. In the snow. *sigh*

Keep up the great work everyone!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

« Reply #158 on: March 07, 2013 12:05:37 PM »

Audania: Speaking of recipes, what a great idea to be a Kitchen Elf!  I loved that cookbook (got it from library for a little light reading) and only had a few differences in translations.   Mainly I find it difficult to swallow that a "Cauldron Cake" would be a pancake.  Unless it's a Brit thing to buy loose pancakes and eat them as snacks on a train.  It makes much more sense that they would be cupcakes, don't you agree? Anyway, you seem to be full of great ideas- I love that hat ornament! I love that you are thinking ahead to the holidays when the pressure of deadline is much less.  Well played!

Thanks AntBee! The pancake one was a bit much for me, too. When I go through these I'm really aiming for what I could picture in the book, you know? I'm also going to try and make it a weekly to biweekly thing instead of monthly. There are just too many yummy things!

I also have an ulterior motive in making the hats - stash busting! I'm really trying to use up my scraps. I've made a deal with myself to not buy any fabric this year and use what I have. Seriously, this may be the cheapest Christmas ever in terms of gifts, but they take me forever to make! Like an hour per hat, it's kind of ridiculous but it's a lot of fun.

Good luck with the job stuff! Sending good thoughts and prayers!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

« Reply #159 on: March 07, 2013 01:18:19 PM »

Ant Bee, thank you for commenting on everyone's goodies...I haven't had the opportunity to do so, yet, but I agree with all that you said! As far as the pronunciation of "pasties" goes, I think it depends on how much British television you watch!

jennie- I interfaced the bejesus out of the shirts before sewing the borders around them. The bunching is happening where two corners of the shirts meet. This probably has something to do with my method of sewing the backing to the front panel. Last night I put the machine on the floor, rolled the two sides of the quilt, aligned the place I had to sew, and pressed the foot pedal with my knee, all while attempting to stitch in the ditch. This, of course, was impossible to do accurately since I had to hang on to the rolled sides because it is too heavy to feed through the machine. Luckily, it IS a punk rock quilt so it's DIY all the way.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 98 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Creating Multiple Versions Of Your Photo in Camera Raw
How to Draw Jumpy Ghost Face
How to Draw Kinji Tohyama
How to Draw Kim Kardashian
The Perfect Combo: Word Clouds and Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...