A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,706
Currently Running With Scissors:
770 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sprechen Sie deutsch? German pattern help  (Read 461 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ladystingray
« on: February 24, 2013 12:51:48 PM »

I found this beautiful lace "Feather" pattern on Ravelry. The only problem is that the pattern is only available through a YouTube video and the instructions are in German. I can kind of tell what she's doing by watching her knit, but I'm not near experienced enough to be sure. If someone out there speaks German, or is a more experienced knitter, I need your help desperately!

video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KjurvNtWk8&feature=youtu.be

Ravelry link: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/lace-loop-feder---lace-loop-feather
THIS ROCKS   Logged
adrig
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013 01:07:44 PM »

Hello,
Have you tried going in to the German community in this forum? It's located in city guides.
I am not German although I live in Germany for 2 years now and I speak German fluently, I still have some trouble understanding the patterns in German. As far as I understood the video, she is explaining the type of wool she used, which is cotton, and she says that the way she is working the pattern is in Knit a row, purl a row. Also at the beginning she says that she has K1, P1. The shape is formed since the beginning. She also says that she purls the first sticht and last stitch.
I haven't finished watching the video, but once I do I will try to clear things for you. Even though I recommend you to post it on the German community.  Have a nice day!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
soozeq
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013 04:02:30 PM »

Ravelry has a forum called Excuse Me that helps in translating patterns into other languages. If you can find a pattern page for it, there could be a link to a translation too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
ladystingray
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013 11:05:37 PM »

Thank you to all who replied. I watched the video quite a few times and I think I was able to decipher the pattern and write it out. If anyone wants my "translation" let me know. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to make Chicken with Tomatoes in a Dutch Oven
How to make Standing Rib Roast
How to make Fried Pork Chops
How to Fry Turkey
How to make Country Southern Gravy
Latest Blog Articles
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...