A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,628
Currently Running With Scissors:
728 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Beautiful costume, but I need help!  (Read 647 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MindWhore

Believe it or not, I do have a nose.

View Profile
« on: July 04, 2005 07:43:47 PM »

I know you girls can, but please be quick! I have to make whatever it is I'm going to wear tomorrow.

Here's the dress. The color is really bad here. It's actually darker red, and the beads are gorgeous glass. It's all silk. You can sort of see the detailing in the picture, but it doesn't do it justice.

I got it at Macy's for $12, when it was originally $155. I've been eyeing it for months now. With it I'm going to wear black tights and black ballet flats with ankle ties. That all looks really good, but it needs something else.

I'm going as a dog trainer to this circus themed party. You know.. fancy costume, stuffed dog, hoop, etc. Well, I need something to do with my hair. I want some sort of headdress, but I don't know what. Ideas?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009 02:15:24 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
stopmoshun
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2005 08:03:34 PM »

i made a head dress once with a head band and some styrofoam board, i hot glued a half moon shape then glued sequins and feathers to it. i'm sure glitter would also work.

if you don't have those kind of supplies you could pile your hair up and hairspray/dump glitter on your hair then attach some big ornament thingies like flowers or whatever. big hair is good. or wrap ribbon around it. if you have short hair spike it out make it as big as you can and wrap ribbons around your hair, if you have any fancy buttons you could put those on the ribbon,

hope that helps,
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MirthFairy
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2005 08:35:36 PM »

I would glue some ostrich feathers to a hair clip, cover the rest of the clip in sequins and go over yourself with some glitter spray. Walmart has some that's scented. It's great!

Pretty dress for a great deal!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
patriautism
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005 06:14:46 PM »

I like the feathers and glitter ideas but if I did it I'd start with a cheap tiara with combs in the sides. Just so it would be more sturdy on my head (little clips tend to slide around on me Smiley  )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Flaunt the Tribal Nails Trend
Flaunt Modern Sparkly Eyes to Your Next Party
How to Find Your Perfect Foundation Match
How to Get Newspaper Nails
Muticolor Shatter Nail Mani Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...