A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,124
Currently Running With Scissors:
626 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Aloha fellow crafters and artisans! Artist-Mom-Blogger here  (Read 358 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

KatCanPaint
« on: February 21, 2013 08:32:14 PM »

Hi everyone! I'm Kat and I can paint -- I went to art school for fine arts and illustration.

Iíve been an artist since elementary school. I was am rambunctious, quirky, super-talkative, and an overachieving know-it-all.  Think pint-sized Hermione Granger mixed with Goo from Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends.  Is that Mabel from Gravity Falls? (Seriously, my blood type is even A+)

Now Iím a full-time artist and mommy to a rambunctious, quirky, talkative little boy.  I show in galleries, travel to art shows, and I have an online shop.  When Iím not painting portraits I swing between mixed media artsy pieces, pop surrealism, nerdy fun stuff, and candy-coated whimsical childrenís illustration.
Right now I am working on my blog, cleverly named Kat Can Paint! (www.katcanpaint.com)  I share a ton of tutorials and howtos on my blog, its becoming my mission to reach+teach people who think that they can't draw or paint how to do it.

I'll probably hang out on the More Art less Craft board, but is there a homeschooling mom area?  I'm getting started with homeschooling and I want to make fun, crafty, awesome homeschooling resources.
Whew, that was a lot! Feel free to connect! Are you are a nerdy homeschooling mom, love mixed media art, pop surrealism, or just wanna chat about mom stuff and art stuff? I'd love to chat!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
agloverelizabeth

Reader, writer, artist, fangirl.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013 03:37:46 PM »

Hi! Welcome! I'm new here, too. I'm not a mom (not even close to it) but you seem a lot like me and also possibly as hyper. I'm a know-it-all too Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-
Whovian, Tribute, Wreckling, Guardian.
Gravity Falls, The Little Mermaid, Pirates of the Caribbean.
Jennifer Lawrence, Johnny Depp, AG dolls, Tumblr, spies, books.
Can draw, sew, papercraft (sometimes), recycle-craft, make mini-crafts.
Interested in all kinds of swaps. Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Surprising Uses for Cinnamon in Your Beauty Routine
January Jones Reveals Her Must Have Beauty Products
5 Must Have Beauty Devices
Bella Thorne Shares Her Beauty Tricks at Her Glamour Photo Shoot
Get the Look from Jason Wu Fall 2014
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...