A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,762
Currently Running With Scissors:
389 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitty Summer 2005  (Read 5402 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

puppymomma

matches? we don't need no stinkin' matches

View Profile WWW
« on: July 04, 2005 06:04:47 PM »

The new Knitty is up!  Yup, the MAN issue!  And its cool!

I 'specially like the baby pants. Smiley
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008 11:21:26 AM by Lothruin » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every day may not be a good day to die, but every day is a good day to eat pancakes.

http://funkyjewtopia.com
mizuiro
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2005 06:09:53 PM »

I haven't looked through all of them yet, but the Kumo kimono sweater is stylin'.  That's one I'd consider making for myself.  The satchel and the cover pattern are nice too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Got Blog?  So do I:  http://yeahiknit.blogspot.com/
humblestumble
Craftster enhances life.

Retro crafty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2005 06:13:33 PM »

I like the baby pants and satchel, but there's too many sweaters in it... I was expecting something else. I live in South Texas and it isn't much of a "summer" issue to me. Shoulda had it for fall or winter.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.amschwengler.com

http://craftster.ourtoolbar.com <-- I made a Craftster toolbar for us obsessed Craftster members

"Takes 2 steps to get up and one to fall down."
jjgirl

I love crochet patterns & crochet hats!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2005 06:17:28 PM »

Ohh time to go look!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy: www.jjcrochet.etsy. com
My Website: http://www.jjcrochet.com
My Blog (with free crochet + knit patterns!): www.jjcrochet.com/blog
www.facebook.com/jjcrochet
ultraviolet
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2005 08:34:07 PM »

I'm a little disappointed. I don't like any of the sweaters at all...my bf doesn't like one thing from this issue, and I have to admit I'm not surprised. I do like the mittens though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://blog.threegoodrats.com

"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."
Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2005 09:09:38 PM »

Sadly, not a thing I could make for my husband OR my father.  And now I feel all stupid, because my hatband that didn't make it was leather, and the belt that did is specifically designed with vegetarians in mind.  It's a lovely belt.  I'll only feel a little jealous.  Smiley

The Kumo kimono is beautiful, and I might try it for myself someday, but I wish sometimes that knitting pattern writers would take into consideration that the patterns they design, while being cool, hip or fresh, may only appeal to a certain set of men, and some of us women out there don't have cool, hip or fresh men in their lives.  (Well, that isn't to say my husband isn't cool, but he isn't hip or fresh.  When I say he's rock 'n' roll, I don't mean punk.)  That's one of the reasons I submitted the pattern I did.  Because it's actually something MY husband would wear, and I had to think long and hard about what I could make that would fit the bill.  It wasn't easy. 

This doesn't really mean I'm disappointed with this issue of Knitty.  The patterns are, as usual, beautiful, whether or not I can use them.  I'm simply not pleasantly surprised by them.  I was half hoping there'd be something there.  Oi, I'm trying not to sound snippy really, but I don't own a single knitting book yet that has a pattern my husband would wear.  The SnB books are right out, as much as I love that stuff for myself.  He's not even really picky.  He's just big and likes simple things.  He doesn't do flames or skulls, wool makes him itch and he dislikes high necks immensly.  Surely there should be a sweater out there I could make him...  It makes me a little sad.  I really wish this Knitty had something for me, because it's a long wait until the next one comes out.  At least I can rest easy knowing I found something to knit my husband while preparing my submission.  He actually likes the hatband.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
donutgirl
I'm Glazed!

Save your forks, there's pie!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2005 09:13:12 PM »

I'm a bit dissapointed myself.  Too many sweaters for a summer issue!  It's hard to look at sweater patterns when it's 105 degrees outside (of course, I wouldn't hope to make a sweater anyway, but still.)

though I don't know what manly summer things there could be to knit really.  Tank tops? Short shorts? probably not.

I do like the satchel. I might make that for myself.

But really nothing at all that I would make for my husband Undecided
« Last Edit: July 04, 2005 09:14:58 PM by donutgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ijsblokje
is superbacana

gypsy punk

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2005 12:20:24 AM »

The Blue Hills hat is an interesting concept.
heh.. though, knit in that charcoal grey, it makes me think of Beowulf.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cinimonstk

Smokey says NO to Sew Fast So Sleazy!!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2005 01:12:10 AM »

hmmmm. I could never get my husband (or dad, brother) to wear any of the sweaters in the new issue. Though I do like Hardcore for myself, minus the fair isle stuff on the back.  And maybe the cigar gloves for my hubby in the winter time.  Cool stuff though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BOYCOTT SEW FAST SEW SLEAZY!
http://www.cafepress.com/saynotosfse/
mikan

we are ugly but we have the music

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2005 01:41:05 AM »

i really like saranac and lucky for really wearable and worth the time!  baseball is pretty neat too, i think my brother would like it in the two color scheme, but i could tone it down for my boyfriend by making it all one color... the boy-size ripley is great (not so fond of it for an adult) and the underarm gusseting will definitely have to be tried for my super-picky boyfriend. kumo is a nice shape i think and i love the mon (crest) designs in white, but men's kimono don't have open sleeves under the arms as the designer suggests (only women's do).  the articles by men are cool, it would have been great to have more men designers too. as for the too hot for sweaters comments, this is great timing for me because i'll need to start now in order to finish by the time it gets cold Smiley

i like the hat band idea, did you post a picture of it anywhere yet?  what other ideas do you think that men would wear that there haven't been patterns for?  I've made my boyfriend a few hara belts and scarves and i'm working on some lounge pants that are knee-length with a drawstring.  what about things related to the hobbies of your men friends/husbands/relatives? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

now, whether in punishment or reward, through all eternity, she must love and believe in what she did not understand.  -dennison
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...