A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 298,749
Currently Running With Scissors:
555 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitty Summer 2005  (Read 5486 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sgolard

Help me! Can't stop!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2005 09:11:03 AM »

Oi, I'm trying not to sound snippy really, but I don't own a single knitting book yet that has a pattern my husband would wear.  The SnB books are right out, as much as I love that stuff for myself.  He's not even really picky.  He's just big and likes simple things.

This sounds exactly like my BF.  But I found a book called "Men in Knits : Sweaters to Knit That He Will Wear" by Tara Manning.  I took a look through it and it has some lovely, beautiful, classic sweaters and things in there that are simple enough for the guy and yet challenging enough so you don't get bored.  I picked out a couple and then had him look and, of course, he picked out two others that he liked.  Fine.  At least now I know that when I get around to making these sweaters he'll love them and wear them.  You should check it out.

As far as not getting your submission into Knitty -- I am sorry about that.  It sounds like a very cool project though so don't get discouraged. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"A girl's best friend is her mutter"_Dorothy Parker_
My Blog - http://www.yarn-babe.blogspot.com
My Etsy shop - http://knitmoi.etsy.com
Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2005 09:23:09 AM »

Eh, I'm not that concerned about it.  It was my first knit pattern submission of any kind, really.  And the pattern itself, as I've said elsewhere, was too simple for words.  It's only merit was use of alternative fibers, and perhaps the fibers I chose aren't the right fibers for Knitty.  No problems there.  There will be other patterns to submit.  I'm not the only person who's been rejected by Knitty, and I'm sure I'm in excellent company.  No worries.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
kabili

I'm not a llama anymore!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2005 10:36:35 AM »

hey did you guys and gals see the article by john biebel, aka johnuxb5 here on craftster? i got all excited when i saw it - i was like, "hey, i remember that guy! i remember the thread about him designing his sweater!"

okay, so i'm easily amused. but i thought it was impressive. hooray for john!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

where are we going, and why am i in this handbasket?
Violet
constantly craftsterbating

and a half

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2005 10:44:13 AM »

blech! i don't like any of it!

well, some of the patterns are o.k...but nothing i would knit and definitely nothing my boyfriend would like. it did give me some ideas though. . .

not that i need new projects anyway. i'm still working on the wavy scarf from the winter issue!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my knitting blog: http://violetsknits.blogspot.com
preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', '........................................................')
boycott sew fast, sew easy! visit www.freetostitchfreetobitch.org
bftscgirl
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2005 11:16:03 AM »

Maybe it is just me, but I like a lot of the patterns in this issue. I really like hardcore, satchel,wild stripes, and kumo. I can only see myself not knitting just 3 of the patterns actually. I don't actually have a boyfriend( Cry .LOL) to tell me what he would not wear from this issue, so maybe that's the reason I like most of them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love of beauty is Taste. The creation of beauty is Art.                                     

- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Lilyvanilli
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2005 11:44:00 AM »

I think the patterns themselves are nice but as someone else pointed out, this didn't seem like a good issue for summer. I can appreciate the knits for men and even think it's a good idea to have an entire issue dedicated to them but snowboard hats, sweaters, and gloves are just not summer items. After waiting so long for this issue to come out I'm quite dissappointed.  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ijsblokje
is superbacana

gypsy punk

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2005 12:33:46 PM »

heeee
I'm intrigued by the designer of Hardcore.  I want to see what other sorts of things he knits.

I love when boys knit. <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fero
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2005 12:53:51 PM »

Not overly keen on the issue, doubt the bf will be asking for any of the patterns any time soon. The articles pissed me off a bit, something about the tone of them put me off but cant quite put my finger on it. Issue went on about men knitting but most of the patterns by women-did i miss a point there?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ultraviolet
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2005 01:50:09 PM »

Well, I think the point of the issue was for Knitty to build up more of a collection of patterns of men's clothing, etc. I can only guess that they just didn't get a lot of submissions from men. And even though more men are knitting these days, they're still vastly outnumbered by women in that arena.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://blog.threegoodrats.com

"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."
scarletkittycat
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2005 02:15:54 PM »

There's a few patterns i'd concider knitting, i'm thinking about Satchel for myself actuly  and maybe Saranac for my little bro and maybe Kumo or maybe something with one of the motifs from kumo on.

I'm not really overly keen on the other sweater patterns, i really wanted to knit something for my husband for an aniversary pressie but he seems to have taken a strong disliking to all the patterns i've showed him, oh well back to the drawing board  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Edible Eyeball Jelly For Halloween
How to Make a Fruit Pizza With Cookie Crust
How to Make Healthy Kid-Friendly Blueberry Muffins
Edible Stencil to Personalize Your Cake
How to Make Hand Made Pies for Your Picnic
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...