A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 298,774
Currently Running With Scissors:
483 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Quilt Block Swap Round 3 Gallery  (Read 34799 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kbrison
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: March 09, 2013 02:11:56 PM »

Danynn, if the thistleblooms are that problematic, switch and make the other two blocks some form of simplified star block. I'll be deliriously happy no matter which I get.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
151/50 in 2014, 47/50 in 2013
Mini 12 Days of Christmas- sent
carolmb

50 Projects 2014 List total 9/24

Making things, makes life happy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #121 on: March 10, 2013 04:20:26 AM »

kbrison: when you get all your blocks I would love to see the thistlebloom blocks all together I keep seeing a simply lovely quilt in my mind with that block. I have added it to a future quilt to try. It is a beautiful block and I can see it making an amazing quilt. I am going to try and load the block into my program and play around with placement.

well and wonderment
carol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: March 10, 2013 08:07:16 AM »

kbrison: when you get all your blocks I would love to see the thistlebloom blocks all together I keep seeing a simply lovely quilt in my mind with that block. I have added it to a future quilt to try. It is a beautiful block and I can see it making an amazing quilt. I am going to try and load the block into my program and play around with placement.
Together?? You mean I'm actually suppose to finish this quilt??!!?? I am the world's worst at finishing projects in a timely manner. But, yes, the thistle bloom blocks are going to be gorgeous as a quilt. I love what the finished ones look like already.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
151/50 in 2014, 47/50 in 2013
Mini 12 Days of Christmas- sent
sloth003

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: March 10, 2013 08:16:51 AM »

I agree. I can't wait to see those thistle blooms together.   And am i ever glad i wasnt in that group! My stress sweats start just imagining those wee quarter triangles. :p
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
donniesgirl
« Reply #124 on: March 10, 2013 09:08:08 AM »

Together?? You mean I'm actually suppose to finish this quilt??!!?? I am the world's worst at finishing projects in a timely manner. But, yes, the thistle bloom blocks are going to be gorgeous as a quilt. I love what the finished ones look like already.

lol I just put together the top from round 1...circa 2010! At least I have an excuse on round 2...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: March 10, 2013 09:32:19 AM »

lol, no it must be a joke, we don't do that kind of thing around here Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
carolmb

50 Projects 2014 List total 9/24

Making things, makes life happy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #126 on: March 10, 2013 10:59:59 AM »

Deece in MN blocks are done and posted. 

Now I will try to get the rest in the mail monday or tuesday.

I have so enjoyed working on everyone's blocks and seeing what everyone has come up with.

well and wonderment
carol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

danynn
« Reply #127 on: March 11, 2013 09:00:38 AM »

Danynn, if the thistleblooms are that problematic, switch and make the other two blocks some form of simplified star block. I'll be deliriously happy no matter which I get.

Nah, it's okay. I'm enjoying the challenge. Cheesy I did the second one this weekend and it took me much less time, so I'm clearly getting better at them. The second thistlebloom block is posted in my gallery.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

donniesgirl
« Reply #128 on: March 11, 2013 05:47:49 PM »

I am annoyed with myself. I got one person's color preference mixed up with another person's blocks. Grr
THIS ROCKS   Logged

EllaRain
« Reply #129 on: March 11, 2013 07:14:44 PM »

I agree about the thistle blooms, they are just beautiful, but very intimidating to a beginner like myself.  Still, I feel like I am getting a little better which each of these blocks I make . . .

We randomly got snow this weekend, which translated into a lot of crafting time  Smiley. I have updated my gallery with one for waterbaby, one for princesspimp81 and all three of donniesgirl's.  I was a little weary of the textured blocks, but they were actually really fun to do.   

On  a random side not, I am really glad I got put in the donniesgirl's blue and white group.  I never realized just how many blue fabrics I had in my stash.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese. . . . I would rather have cheese.
http://pinterest.com/ellaraindrop/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw the Pirate Captain
How to Draw Alex Form Madagascar
How to Draw a Leopard
How to Draw the Tooth Fairy
How to Draw a German Shepherd
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...