A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,167
Currently Running With Scissors:
605 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Quilt Block Swap Round 3 Gallery  (Read 38199 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2013 09:45:23 PM »

I got all of Melladh done and posted.  Please do let me know if the colors are okay. I looked at a lot of pictures of the northern ocean.

Technically the colors of your blocks are a lot "friendlier" than what I personally associate with deep northern ocean, but as I mentioned in my questionnaire, I'll be just as happy with whatever your enterpretation is, and I think your blocks are gorgeous Cheesy I can't wait for them to arrive! I'm especially fond of the diamond one, as I've never seen anything quite like it other than as a concept drawing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
carolmb
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

50 Projects 2014 List total 9/24

Making things, makes life happy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2013 12:00:36 AM »

I got all of Melladh done and posted.  Please do let me know if the colors are okay. I looked at a lot of pictures of the northern ocean.

Technically the colors of your blocks are a lot "friendlier" than what I personally associate with deep northern ocean, but as I mentioned in my questionnaire, I'll be just as happy with whatever your enterpretation is, and I think your blocks are gorgeous Cheesy I can't wait for them to arrive! I'm especially fond of the diamond one, as I've never seen anything quite like it other than as a concept drawing.

See I knew I should of went with the more grayish blues! I kept looking at pictures and thinking there is a lot of gray in the deeper water.....hmmmmm should I go with that. or should I go with the lighter colors the pictures of it off surf and sea form.........I should not of second guessed myself
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2013 01:07:40 AM »

Nah, I like them the way they are Smiley I tried googling it myself now, and it's really hard to find good pictures! The only one that wasn't washed out by diver lights was a surface photo, and I don't necessarily think it's northern, but this sort of reflects the colors it made me think of when I wrote it Cheesy However, if it was a big deal I would have provided you a photo to begin with - I want this to be the mixed interpretations of what you'd do with the information I provided Smiley That's part of the adventure.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
carolmb

50 Projects 2014 List total 9/24

Making things, makes life happy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2013 01:48:02 AM »

Nah, I like them the way they are Smiley I tried googling it myself now, and it's really hard to find good pictures! The only one that wasn't washed out by diver lights was a surface photo, and I don't necessarily think it's northern, but this sort of reflects the colors it made me think of when I wrote it Cheesy However, if it was a big deal I would have provided you a photo to begin with - I want this to be the mixed interpretations of what you'd do with the information I provided Smiley That's part of the adventure.

Well I was thinking about going with the darker tones, when I first started picking out the block colors, but they just looked so off to me. I was fearful they would be to dark LOL.

They have more dark in them then the images show, but I did not want them to be so dark that the colors did not seem strong together. When I put All deep rich blues together they blended and hide the block pattern and I did not think You wanted that LOL.

ohh well live and learn. I should of ask when I was unsure

well and wonderment
carol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

donniesgirl
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2013 06:35:55 AM »

Well I admit I wasn't too sure what deep northern blues were either. I'm in Texas after all. Smiley A picture might help if you can find one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2013 08:38:25 AM »

I linked one in that previous post (the "this" is a link, proper website rules style because the link was long Cheesy ) -I'd link it again here, but I'm on my phone and it doesn't behave well with such things. Or I'm just bad at it Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

donniesgirl
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2013 09:08:20 AM »

I see it now! I am on my phone too so I didn't see the link.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sloth003

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2013 04:56:53 PM »

princesspimp81 and ColoradoDeb.

My local quilt shop says thank you!

Turns out my quite extensive stash had little to no 30's prints or pastels! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
donniesgirl
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2013 07:31:15 PM »

Curved seams, sloth!  What is that block?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sloth003

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2013 08:11:21 PM »

Mwahahaha!  Appliqu

http://sewnbyleila.blogspot.ca/2011/12/block-19-orange-windows.html

I liked the look of it. I'm having a ton of trouble with quilters choice so i figured... After your texture blocks weren't so scary... I'd get a bit more adventurous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
3 Oversized Sweater Outfits
Spooky Fall Outfits
Get the Burberry Cape Look For Fraction Of The Price
Selena Gomez Leads the Red-Hot Red Carpet!
Why Julianne Moore Is Ageless
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Pallet Shelf
Tute Tuesday: Creating a Travel Journal
Eggs? Eggzactly!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...