A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,066
Currently Running With Scissors:
732 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need some advice  (Read 499 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

NatchuralJunkie

Love.Peace.Happiness.

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2013 07:58:06 AM »

I'm just starting out making jewelry about a year ago but recently opened an online shop an  I kind of need some feedback to see if I'm for the most part on track or not lol.be honest!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BeachFae
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013 04:55:19 PM »

Hi Shayla Smiley I like your jewelry! I think your prices are appropriate. The lighting in your photos is great, but they're all a lil fuzzy. The keychains are my fave! Good luck with your shop Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013 03:30:41 AM »

"Flat Braided Bracelet"

From the top, you can make your title much more descriptive: Natural cotton braided tribal beads bracelet

From the middle and pictures, what are the beads made of? How big are they (the beads)? How does the bracelet close? It might be a good idea to give some size perspective and show a quarter or dime in the pictures. Pictures, yes, need improvement. There are quite a few photo "how tos" here on Craftster forums, here or in the "business advice" forum.

From the bottom, no keywords? You need keywords, otherwise you'll never show up in search results, even if you do get on the 137th page of results.

Wait a sec, I'm looking at keychains and they have plastic beads. Stay true to your "all natural" label and ditch the plastic. Either use something natural or just knot the ends. The thing with customers is that when they read "all natural", they want it to be 100% or you get labeled with being a false advertiser.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

katyisthebest
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013 01:46:36 PM »

Hi Shayla,
You've got off to a great start! Your products all look very well made. The bracelets are my favourites. The main thing that I would say is that as BeachFae and CraftyChef have mentioned, the pictures seem to be a little out of focus. Also, it appears that you currently don't have any feedback from previous customers which might hurt buyer confidence. You could use social media sites such as Pinterest to increase awareness of your products.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Owen West on Being an American Adviser to the Iraqi Army
Douglas Florian Reads His Poem Worker Bees
Dominque Moceanu Shares Her Olympic Memories
Dominique Moceanu on Her Autobiographic Novel "Off Balance"
Mothership Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...