A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 299,128
Currently Running With Scissors:
398 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Monster High R2 Swap- Sign-ups CLOSED, Send-outs by April 4  (Read 15169 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

FreakieGeekie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #110 on: March 25, 2013 03:42:27 PM »

I am only wearing my glasses for work. They are duct taped together.
My aunt told me WM carries $20 frames. I hope my lenses will fit one of those frames because I don't want to send late!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gozer

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #111 on: March 25, 2013 07:32:05 PM »

Duct tape? How did you break your glasses?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FreakieGeekie

« Reply #112 on: March 25, 2013 10:32:36 PM »

Believe it or not, the left leg just randomly fell off while I was washing my hands.
Probably because the frame is about eight years old and survived a car accident back in September.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wwrich
« Reply #113 on: March 26, 2013 11:23:24 AM »

I just requested Thursday and Friday off from work!  I hope I can finish the last couple of things and work on photos, packaging and sending over the weekend.

Is it just me, or is anyone else feeling like they want to share what they have been making with other people who "get it"?  I have shown some of the little stuff I have been making to my family (husband just yawns, daughter wants to claim it all), coworkers (most just yawn, one "gets it", rest question my sanity) and friends (show polite interest in the latest of my crafty projects).

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Obsessed with Monster High dolls lately.

In the Chicago area?  Want to come to a great crafty weekend?  Check out http://www.musecon.org/
gozer

« Reply #114 on: March 26, 2013 01:35:16 PM »

Oh, I get you! I decided that I would do my first custom doll and just work on her every free second I have (too few and far between). I am attempting my first reroot (yep, got the dreaded head split! Grrr). Hubby does NOT get it. He keeps saying that it looks so boring that he would quit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wwrich
« Reply #115 on: March 26, 2013 03:39:27 PM »

Oh, I get you! I decided that I would do my first custom doll and just work on her every free second I have (too few and far between). I am attempting my first reroot (yep, got the dreaded head split! Grrr). Hubby does NOT get it. He keeps saying that it looks so boring that he would quit.

I just read an article about how to fix those splits the other day!  I found it through this forum post http://plasticcurves.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=tutorials&action=display&thread=502  There were a number of neat tutorials specifically for MH dolls in that forum -- most are just links to people's personal blogs, but they are all assembled there...

I haven't attempted to customize a doll thus far.  I don't trust my own abilities to paint faces.  Re-rooting sounds cool, but I didn't like to cut my doll's hair even when I was a kid.  I don't know that I could do it now.  Sometimes just seeing a poorly done doll makes me want to cry.  Especially when they started as a doll that my daughter wants so desperately, but I can't find at a reasonable price.  I don't know if I could handle having something that makes me want to cry around my house...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Obsessed with Monster High dolls lately.

In the Chicago area?  Want to come to a great crafty weekend?  Check out http://www.musecon.org/
FreakieGeekie

« Reply #116 on: March 26, 2013 04:45:37 PM »

I know how you feel! And when I tell people I'm customizing a doll they want to know whose kid I'm making it for. They give me funny looks when I say she's for me and is going on display in my bedroom. They also question my sanity when I show them I'm rooting a bald doll's head instead of buying a different wig for her. Also, I'm crazy for making doll clothes and accessories instead of buying them. But a few of my friends, some of my family and one coworker all of whom are crafty too understand me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gozer

« Reply #117 on: March 26, 2013 05:10:05 PM »

Ooh! Thank you SO much for the link! I am going there now to try to save her!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amigurl55

I already did!

« Reply #118 on: March 26, 2013 06:09:58 PM »

A couple of my friends will politely "like" a picture of one of my customs on Facebook.  My bf thinks they're really cool.

FreakieGeekie- that sucks about your glasses!  I just recently tried to buy a pair from Walmart and they were HORRIBLE.  They also don't show you pricing for what you're buying and that's because they like to over-charge.  I recommend spending a little more if you can and go to Lenscrafters.

Meanwhile, as we have a sender... Gallery is up!: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=421952.0#axzz2OhKB722z
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I told you: I only wrote that poem to test my printer!

My etsy shop: http://dollycouture55.etsy.com
FreakieGeekie

« Reply #119 on: March 26, 2013 09:47:52 PM »

I haven't shown my customs to my boyfriend because he's away working. He likes seeing the things I can do though. And he likes Elder Scrolls so my Dunmer will probably impress him :3

Sadly, Lenscrafters is too far away. I hate living in the middle of nowhere. At least a Walmart pair will do until I can get a chance to go to Lenscrafters or somewhere else with good glasses.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Stan Smith (American Dad)
How to Merge Blend Modes in Photoshop
Sharpening Photos For Both Web and Print
How to Draw Sponge Bob
How to Draw Snow White
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...