A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,568
Currently Running With Scissors:
498 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Typhlosion  (Read 1101 times)
Tags for this thread: pokemon  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Invictus1919
« on: February 11, 2013 07:24:13 PM »

My friend and I had a little craft swap between us and she asked for me to make her a Chibi-esque Typhlosion. I found absolutely no patterns that were even close to what I was imagining, so I started him with my own (poor) skills and judgment and this is what developed:

He turned out pretty great in my opinion. Smiley
If you want the pattern I came up with, feel free to ask!

I'll go ahead and post it here as well as email. I used mainly just cheap Red Heart yarn, so that's what the color corresponds to. You'll need a 3.5mm hook, although I'm sure a 4 wouldn't hurt anything. Be sure to not forget about your safety eyes, whatever size you'd like, unless you want to sew on buttons or something instead.

(US crochet terms)
^=increase v=decrease
Head: (Aran)

1. MR with 6 sc
2. ^ all (12)
3. 1, ^, 2, ^, 2, ^, 2, ^, 1 (16)
4. 3, ^, 3, ^, 3, ^, 3, ^ (20)
5. 4, ^, 10, ^, 4 (22)
6. sc all (22)
7. 4, v, 10, v, 4 (20)
8. v, 3, v, 3, v, 3, v, 3 (16)
9. 1, v, 2, v, 2, v, 2, v, 1 (12)
10. 4 decreases, f/o Dont forget to add your safety eyes!

Body: (Aran)
Repeat the same as above until you get the size to 20 stitches, where youll continue to do 5 more rows of 20. After this, youll continue with the decreases starting in row 8.

Arms: (Aran)
For these, I just did a Magic Ring with 3 sc, increased all, and then kept going for a few rounds of the 6 stitches until I was satisfied.

Legs: (Aran) Tail: (Soft Navy)
Much like the arms, only I added one more row of increases to total 9 stitches, then quit when I was satisfied with the length. The tail is done exactly the same way.

Head strip (Soft Navy)
Ch 6

sc all, starting in 2nd chain from hook (5)
^, 3, ^ (7)
^, 5, ^ (9)
^, 7, ^ (11) 5-9. sc all (11)
v, 7, v (9)
2v, 1, 2v (5)
v, 1, v (3)
sc all (3)
v, 1 (2)
v (1)
sc (1) When sewing on this strip, make sure the pointy part goes between his eyes and the bottom touches the open neck base.

Back strip (Soft Navy)
Ch 6

^, 3, ^, (7)
^, 5, ^ (9) 4-8. sc all (9)
v, 5, v (7)
v, 3, v (5)
v, 1, v (3) Line this up with the head strip as best as you can, it wont matter too much though, because of the fire.

Ears:
ch 4.

1. sc, dc, sc
2. sc, hdc, dc, hdc, sc Tie the ends together to make the ear curve.
For the neck flames, I got my yellow, orange, and red, and cut them three different lengths, with yellow being the shortest at 2 inches, orange was 2 1/2, and red was 3. I cut about 16 strips of each, and then attached them two at a time to the back of the neck. I simply pulled them threw and did a little knot to secure them. Make sure the order is yellow on top, orange in the middle, and red on bottom. After youve secured all of your strips, grab a wire brush and fluff until satisfied.

Feel free to sell it locally; I'm not a big stickler about it. Just don't try to pass it off on Etsy or anything as solely yours. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013 11:48:17 AM by pinkleo - Reason: quote pattern to 1st post » THIS ROCKS   Logged
cutemonster
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013 11:13:19 PM »

This is so cute ^_^ I love how you've turned a rather intimidating Pokemon into something so sweet looking Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shonengirl
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013 09:44:19 PM »

i joined today just because of your typhlosion, i was hoping you could email me the pattern. destiny1989@msn.com     thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Invictus1919
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013 07:41:48 AM »

I'll go ahead and post it here as well as email. I used mainly just cheap Red Heart yarn, so that's what the color corresponds to. You'll need a 3.5mm hook, although I'm sure a 4 wouldn't hurt anything. Be sure to not forget about your safety eyes, whatever size you'd like, unless you want to sew on buttons or something instead.

(US crochet terms)
^=increase v=decrease
Head: (Aran)

1. MR with 6 sc
2. ^ all (12)
3. 1, ^, 2, ^, 2, ^, 2, ^, 1 (16)
4. 3, ^, 3, ^, 3, ^, 3, ^ (20)
5. 4, ^, 10, ^, 4 (22)
6. sc all (22)
7. 4, v, 10, v, 4 (20)
8. v, 3, v, 3, v, 3, v, 3 (16)
9. 1, v, 2, v, 2, v, 2, v, 1 (12)
10. 4 decreases, f/o Dont forget to add your safety eyes!

Body: (Aran)
Repeat the same as above until you get the size to 20 stitches, where youll continue to do 5 more rows of 20. After this, youll continue with the decreases starting in row 8.

Arms: (Aran)
For these, I just did a Magic Ring with 3 sc, increased all, and then kept going for a few rounds of the 6 stitches until I was satisfied.

Legs: (Aran) Tail: (Soft Navy)
Much like the arms, only I added one more row of increases to total 9 stitches, then quit when I was satisfied with the length. The tail is done exactly the same way.

Head strip (Soft Navy)
Ch 6

^, 3, ^ (7)
^, 5, ^ (9)
^, 7, ^ (11) 5-9. sc all (11)
v, 7, v (9)
2v, 1, 2v (5)
v, 1, v (3)
sc all (3)
v, 1 (2)
v (1)
sc (1) When sewing on this strip, make sure the pointy part goes between his eyes and the bottom touches the open neck base.

Back strip (Soft Navy)
Ch 6

^, 3, ^, (7)
^, 5, ^ (9) 4-8. sc all (9)
v, 5, v (7)
v, 3, v (5)
v, 1, v (3) Line this up with the head strip as best as you can, it wont matter too much though, because of the fire.

Ears:
ch 4.

1. sc, dc, sc
2. sc, hdc, dc, hdc, sc Tie the ends together to make the ear curve.
For the neck flames, I got my yellow, orange, and red, and cut them three different lengths, with yellow being the shortest at 2 inches, orange was 2 1/2, and red was 3. I cut about 16 strips of each, and then attached them two at a time to the back of the neck. I simply pulled them threw and did a little knot to secure them. Make sure the order is yellow on top, orange in the middle, and red on bottom. After youve secured all of your strips, grab a wire brush and fluff until satisfied.

Feel free to sell it locally; I'm not a big stickler about it. Just don't try to pass it off on Etsy or anything as solely yours. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Dela: Live Art Painter With An Environmental Message
Aaron Axelrod: The Making of the "Bad Reception" Art Installation
How to Draw Rito Yuuki
Oil Painting For Beginners
Behind The Scenes At Red Bull House Of Art In Detroit
Latest Blog Articles
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...