A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,116
Currently Running With Scissors:
434 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Typhlosion  (Read 1064 times)
Tags for this thread: pokemon  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Invictus1919
« on: February 11, 2013 07:24:13 PM »

My friend and I had a little craft swap between us and she asked for me to make her a Chibi-esque Typhlosion. I found absolutely no patterns that were even close to what I was imagining, so I started him with my own (poor) skills and judgment and this is what developed:

He turned out pretty great in my opinion. Smiley
If you want the pattern I came up with, feel free to ask!

I'll go ahead and post it here as well as email. I used mainly just cheap Red Heart yarn, so that's what the color corresponds to. You'll need a 3.5mm hook, although I'm sure a 4 wouldn't hurt anything. Be sure to not forget about your safety eyes, whatever size you'd like, unless you want to sew on buttons or something instead.

(US crochet terms)
^=increase v=decrease
Head: (Aran)

1. MR with 6 sc
2. ^ all (12)
3. 1, ^, 2, ^, 2, ^, 2, ^, 1 (16)
4. 3, ^, 3, ^, 3, ^, 3, ^ (20)
5. 4, ^, 10, ^, 4 (22)
6. sc all (22)
7. 4, v, 10, v, 4 (20)
8. v, 3, v, 3, v, 3, v, 3 (16)
9. 1, v, 2, v, 2, v, 2, v, 1 (12)
10. 4 decreases, f/o Dont forget to add your safety eyes!

Body: (Aran)
Repeat the same as above until you get the size to 20 stitches, where youll continue to do 5 more rows of 20. After this, youll continue with the decreases starting in row 8.

Arms: (Aran)
For these, I just did a Magic Ring with 3 sc, increased all, and then kept going for a few rounds of the 6 stitches until I was satisfied.

Legs: (Aran) Tail: (Soft Navy)
Much like the arms, only I added one more row of increases to total 9 stitches, then quit when I was satisfied with the length. The tail is done exactly the same way.

Head strip (Soft Navy)
Ch 6

sc all, starting in 2nd chain from hook (5)
^, 3, ^ (7)
^, 5, ^ (9)
^, 7, ^ (11) 5-9. sc all (11)
v, 7, v (9)
2v, 1, 2v (5)
v, 1, v (3)
sc all (3)
v, 1 (2)
v (1)
sc (1) When sewing on this strip, make sure the pointy part goes between his eyes and the bottom touches the open neck base.

Back strip (Soft Navy)
Ch 6

^, 3, ^, (7)
^, 5, ^ (9) 4-8. sc all (9)
v, 5, v (7)
v, 3, v (5)
v, 1, v (3) Line this up with the head strip as best as you can, it wont matter too much though, because of the fire.

Ears:
ch 4.

1. sc, dc, sc
2. sc, hdc, dc, hdc, sc Tie the ends together to make the ear curve.
For the neck flames, I got my yellow, orange, and red, and cut them three different lengths, with yellow being the shortest at 2 inches, orange was 2 1/2, and red was 3. I cut about 16 strips of each, and then attached them two at a time to the back of the neck. I simply pulled them threw and did a little knot to secure them. Make sure the order is yellow on top, orange in the middle, and red on bottom. After youve secured all of your strips, grab a wire brush and fluff until satisfied.

Feel free to sell it locally; I'm not a big stickler about it. Just don't try to pass it off on Etsy or anything as solely yours. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013 11:48:17 AM by pinkleo - Reason: quote pattern to 1st post » THIS ROCKS   Logged
cutemonster
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013 11:13:19 PM »

This is so cute ^_^ I love how you've turned a rather intimidating Pokemon into something so sweet looking Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shonengirl
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013 09:44:19 PM »

i joined today just because of your typhlosion, i was hoping you could email me the pattern. destiny1989@msn.com     thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Invictus1919
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013 07:41:48 AM »

I'll go ahead and post it here as well as email. I used mainly just cheap Red Heart yarn, so that's what the color corresponds to. You'll need a 3.5mm hook, although I'm sure a 4 wouldn't hurt anything. Be sure to not forget about your safety eyes, whatever size you'd like, unless you want to sew on buttons or something instead.

(US crochet terms)
^=increase v=decrease
Head: (Aran)

1. MR with 6 sc
2. ^ all (12)
3. 1, ^, 2, ^, 2, ^, 2, ^, 1 (16)
4. 3, ^, 3, ^, 3, ^, 3, ^ (20)
5. 4, ^, 10, ^, 4 (22)
6. sc all (22)
7. 4, v, 10, v, 4 (20)
8. v, 3, v, 3, v, 3, v, 3 (16)
9. 1, v, 2, v, 2, v, 2, v, 1 (12)
10. 4 decreases, f/o Dont forget to add your safety eyes!

Body: (Aran)
Repeat the same as above until you get the size to 20 stitches, where youll continue to do 5 more rows of 20. After this, youll continue with the decreases starting in row 8.

Arms: (Aran)
For these, I just did a Magic Ring with 3 sc, increased all, and then kept going for a few rounds of the 6 stitches until I was satisfied.

Legs: (Aran) Tail: (Soft Navy)
Much like the arms, only I added one more row of increases to total 9 stitches, then quit when I was satisfied with the length. The tail is done exactly the same way.

Head strip (Soft Navy)
Ch 6

^, 3, ^ (7)
^, 5, ^ (9)
^, 7, ^ (11) 5-9. sc all (11)
v, 7, v (9)
2v, 1, 2v (5)
v, 1, v (3)
sc all (3)
v, 1 (2)
v (1)
sc (1) When sewing on this strip, make sure the pointy part goes between his eyes and the bottom touches the open neck base.

Back strip (Soft Navy)
Ch 6

^, 3, ^, (7)
^, 5, ^ (9) 4-8. sc all (9)
v, 5, v (7)
v, 3, v (5)
v, 1, v (3) Line this up with the head strip as best as you can, it wont matter too much though, because of the fire.

Ears:
ch 4.

1. sc, dc, sc
2. sc, hdc, dc, hdc, sc Tie the ends together to make the ear curve.
For the neck flames, I got my yellow, orange, and red, and cut them three different lengths, with yellow being the shortest at 2 inches, orange was 2 1/2, and red was 3. I cut about 16 strips of each, and then attached them two at a time to the back of the neck. I simply pulled them threw and did a little knot to secure them. Make sure the order is yellow on top, orange in the middle, and red on bottom. After youve secured all of your strips, grab a wire brush and fluff until satisfied.

Feel free to sell it locally; I'm not a big stickler about it. Just don't try to pass it off on Etsy or anything as solely yours. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a 3D Ripple Stitch Part 4/7
How to Crochet a 3D Ripple Stitch Part 3/7
How to Crochet a Baby Cap Part 4/13
How to Crochet a Baby Cap Part 3/13
How to Crochet a Baby Cap Part 5/13
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...