A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,164
Currently Running With Scissors:
327 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: gifts for a kid  (Read 709 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tiffi_333
« on: February 09, 2013 12:47:24 PM »

my sister is coming to visit in about a month with her 2 year old kid. I want to make something but i havent made anything for a kid that young before so i dont really know what to make. I was thinking about making a toy but apparently her daughter has hundreds of toys so Im thinking it would be nicer to make something else. I'd appreciate any ideas you guys have.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013 11:39:34 AM by tiffi_333 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013 11:20:55 PM »

What about making up a basket of things that would entertain her, and things you can do together.  Maybe a basket of puzzles and colour pages and crayons, or a travel case for the same.  Maybe make a puzzle that you and her can colour together?  But while she's there, maybe do something crafty with her - like making salt dough ornaments so she can take them home and have something to remember the experience with her auntie for the future.  Maybe make a soft fabric book, with words and pictures, to help her language skills, and add some plastic sleeves to add personal pictures too.  Maybe make bath fizzies, coloured foam, bubbles, or bath crayons or a cute bath scrubbie and have fun bath times together (I loved doing that when my neices and nephews were young, they had so much time with bubbles, smelly bath oils in fun shaped beads - the cheap ones are good - they release the oil, and then the bead expands in the water and becomes a slimy, gooey cool thing to play with, etc).  Maybe make some easy cookies or cupcakes, and let her decorate them.  Or things like placemats, picture frames, whatever, and let her decorate them - then maybe you can both have keepsakes of the visit too.

Two is a fun age - everything is new and exciting to them them.  Who knows, you could be training a future Craftster.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
dftba
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013 12:50:47 AM »

It might be a little late for ideas (you probably don't need anymore after all the cool ideas in the last post lol) but just in case, what about a Quiet Book? Those books made from material(or felt, if you don't sew) filled with activities for kids? This would be especially good if your sister was traveling a distance to see you as it would give your niece something to do on the trip home. There are tons of ideas for Quiet books online, ranging from geeky to cute to practical.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get a High Ponytail
How to Get a Basic Ponytail
How to Get Long Hair Updos
Organic Haircare by Demetris Potamianos
Ideas for Hair Accessories
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...