A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,605
Currently Running With Scissors:
655 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing ATC Swap - February 2013 GALLERY!  (Read 22793 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

La Chapa
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Hardcore Yarnie!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #180 on: March 06, 2013 08:36:15 PM »

Wow! What an explosion of awesomeness!  Love so many cards that I can't even remember them all because I just browsed the last three pages of the gallery! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ChameleonHound

Odds 'n ends are my specialty.

Beware the Platypirates and their tri-corner hats.

« Reply #181 on: March 06, 2013 08:46:37 PM »

Yes, agreed. All the cards are fantastic. And while I'm especially partial to the critter-themed ones, I'd love to own any of those. Cheesy

About to send my last 2. Probably gonna take a break from ATCs until April once this wraps up, so see you all then!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013 08:47:52 PM by ChameleonHound » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whatever happened to the ongoing hoopla swaps?
jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #182 on: March 07, 2013 06:21:29 AM »

Well, unfortunately one of my claim partners has gone MIA (hasn't posted picture or sent notice of receipt / hasn't posted on Feb ATC forums since 02/07 / hasn't replied to PM I sent 3/3), and I guess she hasn't received the card I sent so I will go ahead and post a pic here, and will be sending another per Jillybeans' instruction on how to resolve my open claim.  I guess I'll be paying the upcharge for a DC this time...  Undecided

ATCs going missing all the time, so I wouldn't take take it so personally, cabaute.  Every month people have to resend, and sometimes multiple times.  Sadly, our postal system isn't perfect.  And that's why we don't do DC because ATCs are easy to make and easy to resend.  I've had to resend many times, myself.  So keep positive, and if you have a dispute with my decision, please contact me directly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
whatthepuck
« Reply #183 on: March 07, 2013 06:40:41 AM »

I can't believe all of the awesome cards.

Mountains and Clouds

My 'I Hate Sewing' theme. Where the finger nail is drawn is where I cut part of my finger off with a rotory cutter. It really really hurt.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vintage Etsy ~ Blog

Swaps:
Kids Craft
Altered Puzzle Piece
Mini 13 DoH
July ATC 2/0/0

Would love to personal swap for Blythe granny square hat(s)
SunnyDawn
« Reply #184 on: March 07, 2013 07:43:18 AM »

Love the lighthouse and the sewing finger is lol funny!

Received from Chameleon yesterday, sorry worked late last night and was wiped, will post as soon as possible!
It is so cool, can't wait to share!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dawn Milburn
St. Louis, MO
sunnydawne@gmail.com
ChameleonHound

Odds 'n ends are my specialty.

Beware the Platypirates and their tri-corner hats.

« Reply #185 on: March 07, 2013 08:19:01 AM »

ATCs going missing all the time, so I wouldn't take take it so personally, cabaute.  Every month people have to resend, and sometimes multiple times.  Sadly, our postal system isn't perfect.  And that's why we don't do DC because ATCs are easy to make and easy to resend.  I've had to resend many times, myself.  

One way to keep your ATCs from disappearing is to write "please hand-cancel only" on the envelope. I work at a USPS sorting center, and the machines we run envelopes on  are really hard on the mail if there's anything bumpy or stiff in the envelope. They get pinched between belts and have to go through tight curves around wheels at a rate of at least 30,000 envelopes per hour. If you ask for it to be hand-canceled, it won't be run on a machine, and is more likely to arrive there intact (though perhaps a day slower).

This is ESPECIALLY true if you ever try to mail a lumpy thing in an envelope. We try to pick them out, but at the end of the day there's a pile of little things like coins and keychains that get smooshed right through the paper.

That's why it's also really important to put your complete return address on there - if the envelope gets destroyed, or if the address was wrong, we might be able to return it at least!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013 08:24:41 AM by ChameleonHound » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whatever happened to the ongoing hoopla swaps?
blupaisan

crayyyyyyzeeeeeee about cats!!!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/WackobelleEarrings

« Reply #186 on: March 07, 2013 08:36:23 AM »

ATCs going missing all the time, so I wouldn't take take it so personally, cabaute.  Every month people have to resend, and sometimes multiple times.  Sadly, our postal system isn't perfect.  And that's why we don't do DC because ATCs are easy to make and easy to resend.  I've had to resend many times, myself. 

One way to keep your ATCs from disappearing is to write "please hand-cancel only" on the envelope. I work at a USPS sorting center, and the machines we run envelopes on  are really hard on the mail if there's anything bumpy or stiff in the envelope. They get pinched between belts and have to go through tight curves around wheels at a rate of at least 30,000 envelopes per hour. If you ask for it to be hand-canceled, it won't be run on a machine, and is more likely to arrive there intact (though perhaps a day slower).

This is ESPECIALLY true if you ever try to mail a lumpy thing in an envelope. We try to pick them out, but at the end of the day there's a pile of little things like coins and keychains that get smooshed right through the paper.

That's why it's also really important to put your complete return address on there - if the envelope gets destroyed, or if the address was wrong, we might be able to return it at least!

Thanks for the awesome advice, CH!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It were lightnin'...
jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #187 on: March 07, 2013 09:17:07 AM »

ATCs going missing all the time, so I wouldn't take take it so personally, cabaute.  Every month people have to resend, and sometimes multiple times.  Sadly, our postal system isn't perfect.  And that's why we don't do DC because ATCs are easy to make and easy to resend.  I've had to resend many times, myself. 

One way to keep your ATCs from disappearing is to write "please hand-cancel only" on the envelope. I work at a USPS sorting center, and the machines we run envelopes on  are really hard on the mail if there's anything bumpy or stiff in the envelope. They get pinched between belts and have to go through tight curves around wheels at a rate of at least 30,000 envelopes per hour. If you ask for it to be hand-canceled, it won't be run on a machine, and is more likely to arrive there intact (though perhaps a day slower).

I second that, thanks for the tips, Chameleon!  <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
gozer

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

« Reply #188 on: March 07, 2013 09:35:36 AM »

LOL! I have to say Chameleonhound, it was brave of you to admit you work for the Post Office. I have heard some people get mad at them on here. Brave! And I think you guys do a wonderful job. As I always say, I wouldn't drive it there for less than a buck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cabaute

Fickle Crafter Extraordinaire

A loving heart is the truest wisdom. -Dickens

« Reply #189 on: March 07, 2013 11:59:19 AM »

ATCs going missing all the time, so I wouldn't take take it so personally, cabaute.  Every month people have to resend, and sometimes multiple times.  Sadly, our postal system isn't perfect.  And that's why we don't do DC because ATCs are easy to make and easy to resend.  I've had to resend many times, myself.  

One way to keep your ATCs from disappearing is to write "please hand-cancel only" on the envelope. I work at a USPS sorting center, and the machines we run envelopes on  are really hard on the mail if there's anything bumpy or stiff in the envelope. They get pinched between belts and have to go through tight curves around wheels at a rate of at least 30,000 envelopes per hour. If you ask for it to be hand-canceled, it won't be run on a machine, and is more likely to arrive there intact (though perhaps a day slower).

+1 Thank you for sharing this info!  Always good to know how to work with the system (especially when it feels like it's one that may work against you otherwise)!!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Professional Photography Equipment Vitals
How to Make a Sepia Tone in Photoshop
World Press Photo Exhibit 2009
World Press Photos Of The Year
Anthropographia Photo Exhibit on Human Rights
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...