A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 303,936
Currently Running With Scissors:
538 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Old Fashioned Book Lover's Swap GALLERY, send by Feb 26 2013  (Read 19265 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

when_im_sixty4
Perpetually awkward

Craft Big, Dream Bigger!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2013 04:37:19 PM »

Well, my package to when_i'm_sixty4 shows on tracking that it arrived on Tuesday, but I have yet to hear from her whether she received or not.  I do know that she had a computer keyboard snafu, which may be preventing her from updating, so I am going to post pictures of what I sent, but I will be poised to re-craft if we had yet another USPS casualty.  :/  
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/139259_24Feb13_IMG_2414.JPG

I chose Emma by Jane Austen as her book.  I also found this awesome "choose your adventure" style book called Lost in Austen, so included that as well.  The made bookmark is crocheted and loops through the book and holds a pen or highlighter for annotating as you go, and I happened to stumble across the awesome Jane Austen bookmark in my junk drawer, so included that, as well.  It's leather.  
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/139259_24Feb13_IMG_2372.JPG

Up-close image of the bookmark.  I used an Owl button, as we both share a love of owls, so I felt I had to work one in there somehow!  

Then, the Emma-inspired craft:  
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/139259_24Feb13_IMG_2367.JPG

when_i'm_sixty4 works in a library, and I know that they are often overly air-conditioned, so I made these sweet Victorian-ish fingerless gloves that I thought looked like something Emma would wear.

Finally, the reading-inspired craft:  

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/139259_24Feb13_IMG_2416.JPG

Like I said, she works in a library, but in the Children's section (best job ever, by the way!), so I made her this "book bag" with some awesome Dr. Seuss fabric I stumbled across in my stash, and included the fun Matryoshka silverware, as I thought she could use the bag to bring her lunch to work, and she loves nesting dolls.

I hope the package really did arrive, and that when_i'm_sixty4 is just having life happen right now, so she's delayed in posting.  Otherwise, I have enough yarn for another pair of gloves and bookmark and some more Seussy fabric for another bag.   Wink  

Sarah- you absolutely SPOILED me!! I love everything you sent and I fully admit there was much squealing and giggling. My husband was so impressed he turned away from his WoW to give it all a closer look (a major accomplishment when your hubby is a gamer!  Wink)

I'm looking forward to reading my books and putting all the other items to good use (I'm always writing myself notes so those goodies will be especially helpful!). I'm even looking forward to my next little "owie" so I can use my Jane Austen band-aids!  Grin

Thank you for posting photos for me- I only have my phone to take pictures with and I'm kinda new at this smartphone thing (seriously, I just upgraded a month ago. I'm technologically impaired). I would have figured it out eventually, but they wouldn't have done justice to your awesome skills!

And I can't thank you enough for understanding that things have been a little crazy for me lately and being so patient. You are a saint!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013 11:57:46 AM by rackycoo - Reason: please don't quote photos » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"[crafting] fills my days,
not to mention the living room, bedroom, and closets."
Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #91 on: February 27, 2013 04:54:14 PM »

oh, I meant to ask, did you make the little birdie & mushroom pins yourself too? they are so cute!!

I'm so glad you like everything Vikki! Yes, I made the mushroom and bird pins; I enjoy working with polymer clay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #92 on: February 27, 2013 05:22:24 PM »

That's so clever, I never would have thought to make my own pins Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
susanab
« Reply #93 on: February 27, 2013 05:36:57 PM »

i have some "replying" catching up to do!
sarahelise, i LOVE that combo bookmark/pen to pieces! it's such a smart idea and you crafted it beautifully! the fingerless gloves are beautiful--perfection on the color and the stitches are really sweet. plus a seussian book tote? SPOILER! such a wonderfully thoughtful package Shocked

the cover to that edition of 1984 is wild--i'm pretty sure i have never seen that. great find, fancybutch, and very nice accompanying bookmark. WOWSA on the hoop! Just wow! Another crazy thoughtful package--really a together group of great gifties!

Talk about editions i didn't have a clue about--that Alice edition is a PRIZE! The Queen of Hearts lent a few for the teacup--how nice of her. Really, that is so cute and that's pretty much exactly the color that i "take" my tea Wink And, yeppers, jealous would be the word on titaniumhip's-now-rachel.in.rainbows set of alice dolls Shocked UNBELIEVABLE.

danlynn,that bookbag is so crazy pretty. you did an amazing job crafting that, it's really as lovely as can be. as i'm typing im going back and forth to look at you stitching. crisp and that tote is just really a prize!

ahhhhh, fahrenheit 451--an ANNIVERSARY edition! i love the cover, what a great great book. that robot bookmarks is wonnnnnderful! cut paper!!! fantastic, pcollins! the art piece is just wild. the hand over his face and the newsprint and the flames. that is awesome, just awesome.

leslie! i am SCREAMING! that is beautiful, elegant. a $1 book and balsa wood never looked so good. what a cool idea.  and then the SPINE BOOKMARK?!! i love the textures, i love the look. and my second sighting i think of your bird pins. they are, perhaps, TOO CUTE Cheesy

brava, everyone! i really applaud every piece here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my photo blog:
nysnaps.blogspot.com
titaniumhip
Titaniumhip Sews

« Reply #94 on: February 27, 2013 08:45:06 PM »

So many great things in this gallery...!  And now I am going to add more.

I was such a jerk and picked all new books for rachel.in.rainbows but she accepted it and ran with it...so hats off to her!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Pride & Prejudice, but obviously have it.  I love reading allsorts of other takes on the book and on my list was a book written from Darcy's perspective.  I am so happy she picked that one...that meant I got an Austen inspired package!

First up the Book!

I'm sure it will be smutty and awesome.

Look at this awesome stiched bookmark, with a quote that sums up this swap perfectly!

And the pressie was a notebook cover with extra notebook.  WOW I love this so much!  What is funny is I almost went this route for her but at the last minute changed my mind...

Look at the fine detail

Thank you so much RiR!  LOOOOOOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

I can't wait for the next swap!!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mthrasher138

I ♥ personal swaps!

« Reply #95 on: February 27, 2013 08:57:25 PM »

I received a super awesome package from calixita today! For my book she sent me a super huge edition of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy that contains all five books in the series! That in itself makes me feel very spoiled! On with the goodies:

A Hitchhiker's Guide inspired bookmark and a Dr. Teeth(my favorite muppet!) bookmark.

A very bookmark appropriate quote from Dr. Teeth

A beautifully crocheted mug rug in some of my favorite colors

An AWESOME Doctor Who mug rug! I love the tiny Tardis!

The obligatory group shot including the book and a souvenir coin purse she brought back from her vacation!

I was very spoiled! Thank you so much calixita! The swap organizers couldn't have paired us more perfectly!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StickerChic87
« Reply #96 on: February 27, 2013 09:14:36 PM »

I lovelovelove that Austen bookmark, and that crocheted mugrug is beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

calixita

thought I heard a saxophone; I'm drunk on the moon

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #97 on: February 27, 2013 11:23:19 PM »

Yay!  So glad you got your package, mthrasher138!  I hope you enjoy your big fat Hitchhiker's Guide!  I'm glad you like your mug rugs (something about that flower pattern fabric seemed sort of timey-wimey-vortexy!) but I apologize again for being so rubbish at sewing!  LOL!

And who knew there was a version of Pride and Prejudice from Mr. Darcy's perspective?!  Color me intrigued!  I love the Austen-inspired bookmark.  So pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2013 04:44:20 AM »

Two more great packages have appeared overnight!

Rachel.in.rainbows, the notebook cover and bookmark are really wonderful!  It's hard to get that fine detail, you did a lovely job with the embroidery.  Very impressive!

Calixita, what a big, generous package you sent!  Everything is awesome; I especially love the crocheted mug rug (such pretty colors and design!) and the Hitchhiker's bookmark--that green guy is so funny, and you got the details of the fingers and tongue just right.  Really great stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
rachel.in.rainbows
« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2013 06:32:14 AM »

Hoorah! I am so glad it arrived quickly and you like it, titaniumhip! Thank you so much for swapping! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to use REVIT MEP 2008 - Sketchup
How to use REVIT MEP 2008 - Structure Annotation Crop Region
How to use REVIT MEP 2008 - Yes No Parameter to Control Visibility
CADclip REVIT House Kit 2008
How to use AutoCAD 2007 3D - Convert to Surface
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2
How to Make Tshirt Rugs

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...