A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,165
Currently Running With Scissors:
346 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Old Fashioned Book Lover's Swap GALLERY, send by Feb 26 2013  (Read 18979 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fancybutch
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2013 10:41:02 AM »

Yay, I'm so glad you liked the package pcollins (and you too rachel.in.rainbows) and that I am the start to your hoopla wall!

I liked the cover on this version of the book too, since the eye was also my pattern for the blackwork background.

As for room 101 ...

"You asked me once,' said O'Brien, 'what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is the worst thing in the world."
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I reserve my right to be complex." Leslie Feinberg
rachel.in.rainbows
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2013 10:47:53 AM »

Yay, I'm so glad you liked the package pcollins (and you too rachel.in.rainbows) and that I am the start to your hoopla wall!

I liked the cover on this version of the book too, since the eye was also my pattern for the blackwork background.

As for room 101 ...

"You asked me once,' said O'Brien, 'what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is the worst thing in the world."

Great quote! It was funny, when Patrick opened the package, and I saw the hoopla, I went "OOOOO-OOO" in a very knowing tone of voice. Because room 101 is the worst thing in the world.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mthrasher138

I ♥ personal swaps!

« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2013 01:16:20 PM »

The crocheted bookmark/pen holder is genius! And I love the 1984 hoop. Great job guys!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rachel.in.rainbows
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2013 07:56:32 PM »

Okay guys. Sit down for this one. I seriously received THE most amazing package. I am still reeling. Titaniumhip, you figured me out TO A TEA (deliberate spelling!).

I was sent a copy of Alice in Wonderland. Now, the original Alice has beautiful drawings by John Tenniel. Which is great! I love them! But Titaniumhip one-upped ol' JT and sent me a version with illustrations by Ralph Steadman. Steadman also did the art for Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, and I have admired his particular style for a long time.

For the bookmark, I received the cutest little teacup! The teapot charm on the end is actually quite weighty, so it hangs wonderfully! This is so simple and sweet!

BUT LASTLY. A short backstory. I have seriously always loved Matryoshka Dolls (it was my first swap here on Craftster!) and I've always aspired to own my own set! Titaniumhip has fulfilled my desire! And she has done so with the most charming, beautiful, custom set of Alice M-dolls! Get ready to be jealous!

Titaniumhip, if you even like what I sent you HALF as much, then I will breathe a sigh of relief! Swap anxiety has returned now that such an amazing package is sitting in my living room. Thank you sooo much for swapping!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fancybutch

« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2013 08:41:08 PM »

ok Titaniumhip, you are always one of the most amazing crafter/swappers around and you have outdone yourself.  That copy of the book is great and thoughtful, the bookmark sweet, but the matryoshka Alice set is unbelievable!  Your painting is swo great, love the style! that set is a true treasure.  I hit 'it rocks' right away.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I reserve my right to be complex." Leslie Feinberg
StickerChic87
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2013 08:47:02 PM »

Im not usually a big AIW fan, but those matryoshka dolls are AMAZING!! Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

titaniumhip
Titaniumhip Sews

« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2013 09:07:08 PM »

I am so glad you like them!  I was stuck for a little and went back and forth between Alice and Watership Down.  But when I thought of the nesting dolls Alice made more sense!

Sooper fun swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

calixita

thought I heard a saxophone; I'm drunk on the moon

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2013 10:05:48 PM »

Those matryoshka dolls are simply fabulous!  Great job, titaniumhip!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2013 07:18:19 AM »

I must get myself a copy of that book!  I am an Alice fan and love different takes on the characters!  Those nesting dolls are so FABULOUS!!! I have added them to my favorites here on my profile and I shall be pinning them! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RougeRaven
« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2013 07:49:24 AM »

Great packages guys- I am super jealous of those stacking dolls, rachel.in.rainbows! I sent out today, I hope Lindy likes her pakacge
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Craft Blog- one 30 day project each month

http://stitchittotheman.wordpress.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Oven Baked Pork Chops with Gravy Recipe
Oven Baked Round Steak and Rich Gravy Recipe
Red Cinnamon Dinner Apples Recipe
Fiesta Corn Relish Recipe
Baked Chicken with Sour Cream Gravy Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...