A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,859
Currently Running With Scissors:
814 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Old Fashioned Book Lover's Swap GALLERY, send by Feb 26 2013  (Read 15999 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sarahelise
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2013 08:37:53 AM »

Well, my package to when_i'm_sixty4 shows on tracking that it arrived on Tuesday, but I have yet to hear from her whether she received or not.  I do know that she had a computer keyboard snafu, which may be preventing her from updating, so I am going to post pictures of what I sent, but I will be poised to re-craft if we had yet another USPS casualty.  :/ 

I chose Emma by Jane Austen as her book.  I also found this awesome "choose your adventure" style book called Lost in Austen, so included that as well.  The made bookmark is crocheted and loops through the book and holds a pen or highlighter for annotating as you go, and I happened to stumble across the awesome Jane Austen bookmark in my junk drawer, so included that, as well.  It's leather. 

Up-close image of the bookmark.  I used an Owl button, as we both share a love of owls, so I felt I had to work one in there somehow! 

Then, the Emma-inspired craft: 

when_i'm_sixty4 works in a library, and I know that they are often overly air-conditioned, so I made these sweet Victorian-ish fingerless gloves that I thought looked like something Emma would wear.

Finally, the reading-inspired craft: 

Like I said, she works in a library, but in the Children's section (best job ever, by the way!), so I made her this "book bag" with some awesome Dr. Seuss fabric I stumbled across in my stash, and included the fun Matryoshka silverware, as I thought she could use the bag to bring her lunch to work, and she loves nesting dolls.

I hope the package really did arrive, and that when_i'm_sixty4 is just having life happen right now, so she's delayed in posting.  Otherwise, I have enough yarn for another pair of gloves and bookmark and some more Seussy fabric for another bag.   Wink 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I had a needle and thread, fine as I could sew, I'd sew my true love to my side, and down the creek

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/sarahelise41/
My Etsy Store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/sarahschar
Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2013 09:09:03 AM »

Sarahelise, that is a fantastic package!  I'm swooning over that crocheted bookmark--it is so cool that it really fastens to the book AND holds a pencil or highlighter AND it's super cute!  I'm also adoring the fingerless gloves (such a beautiful color) and the Dr. Seuss bag and cute cutlery.  I hope your partner did get her package, this is too nice to miss!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013 12:39:22 PM by Leslieshappyheart » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
StickerChic87
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2013 12:21:51 PM »

Oh boy I totally added that Lost in Austen to my Amazon wishlist! So cool! Love those wrist warmers too! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fancybutch

« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2013 12:51:29 PM »

nice package Susan, great bookbag, and love your bookmarks, and yay Dr. Seuss!

sarahelise that bookmark is so clever! love that it holds a pen.  The fingerless gloves are great, well done, nice colour, and good idea related to the book.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I reserve my right to be complex." Leslie Feinberg
pcollins399
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2013 05:27:41 PM »

Well I received on Friday but haven't had a chance to post my wonderful package until just now.

Fancybutch sent me a copy of 1984 by Orwell, a book that I've been wanting to read for a long time but have just never gotten around to.  I'm super excited about it!

The bookmark and the item that she sent along with the book are both themed around the book itself which I love.

First the bookmark which includes one of her favourite quotes.

Front:

Back:

and finally she sent along this sweet blackwork hoop.  She's told me that the image of "Room 101" is something very significant to the book and I'm very interested to find out more about it.  

Now that I've received I just want to say thanks to the organizers because I think you've paired us up pretty well!  

Thanks again fancybutch!!!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013 05:29:19 PM by pcollins399 - Reason: forgot to upload last photo » THIS ROCKS   Logged
StickerChic87
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2013 08:33:36 PM »

Holy smokes I love the 1984 stuff! I make it a point to read 1984 at least once a year. Love those crafted items!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

calixita

thought I heard a saxophone; I'm drunk on the moon

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2013 11:41:47 PM »

So many goodies!!  I love the fabulous hoops and cross stitch stuff!!  The crocheted bookmark and pen holder is so clever!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Staar84
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2013 05:10:45 AM »

That cover for 1984 is really cool, I have the boring white one. And the bookmark and cross stitch are amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist

Hi, my name is Erin and I'm addicted to swapping...

International Snack Swap
Star Trek V
One Tiny Monster Swap
Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2013 05:20:18 AM »

Fancybutch--I love the bookmark so much!  The different sized numbers and smudges, and printed background, all look industrial and cool.  It's been so long since I read 1984 that I don't remember what is significant about room 101, but the cross stitch is cool anyway!  I will have to re-read this book.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
rachel.in.rainbows
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2013 06:18:00 AM »

Woo, have I ever fallen behind!

That castle cross stitch is gorgeous. Hopefully it will still show up! I'm not losing faith just yet!

Awesome package as always, Susan! (I had the chance to swap with Susan on the junkerjane doll swap recently!)

Super neat pen holder bookmark, love it!

Lastly, fancybutch, all the items you sent were just great! I live with pcollins so I got to see them firsthand. I adore the bookmark, and you'll be happy to know that your blackwork is the start to our hoopla wall! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Bubble Ponytail
How to Do a Looped Updo
How to Do a Bouncy Ponytail
How to Do a Loop Ponytail
How to Make a Tousled Bun
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...