A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 307,947
Currently Running With Scissors:
341 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Old Fashioned Book Lover's Swap GALLERY, send by Feb 26 2013  (Read 36033 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ninaprettyballerina
« Reply #170 on: March 11, 2013 11:23:47 PM »

Ive received an AWESOME pack in the mail - photos tonight!  ( i am at work !!! Smiley)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ninaprettyballerina
« Reply #171 on: March 12, 2013 04:30:25 PM »

This is the amazing package i received:
2 books - Ive already started getting hooked into one.  The other was a bonus copy of the yaya sisterhood, which was also on my list, that Kylie picked up - she says that never happens to her - so lucky me!!  I received a black chain with sewing notions hanging off it - inspired no doubt by one of my novels! (thanks Kylie!) Wink The bookmark is gorgeous with a quote from the book "I was carried away, swept along by a might stream of words pouring from the hundreds of pages.  To me it was the ultimate book; once you read it, neither your own life nor the world you lived in would ever look the same."  What a great quote! The Chinese symbol apparently means "read".  Kylie you mentioned a second bookmark about a Chinese proverb about books? Im so sorry I couldnt find it in the package Sad  So sorry.

She also made my a mini travel sewing kit again with great pockets and cute little scissors that came with it!

Kylie also included some poppy seed soap - yum!  and tea (tea and books!!  great combo!!) we should include tea with books for the next book swap Wink ;)wink wink

And Kylie how did you know about my love of peanuts in choc?? yum!  cant wait to get into that !!  ( using all my willpower cos i gotta fit in this dress for a wedding in 2 weeks - pat on the back for me - i still havent opened it up!!) Wink

And all this came in a wonderfully made bag ( which i will be using for crocheting projects!!)  inspired by the book - with Chinese material.  The great thing is there are lots of pockets and zips to hold all the stuff like scissors and the fantastic sewing kits I was sent also!!  Its amazing how you sewed all the pieces together in this bag!  ( i would have been so confused!!)

Thank you so much KYLIE! I love it all and feel so spoilt!  Thanks also to Leslie and Susan for such a great swap!!
(sorry about the gigantic post!)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
flyraeven
« Reply #172 on: March 12, 2013 09:24:11 PM »

Jennifer680, the Nook cover is fabulous!  Wow!  Such awesome collage! And a bright, pretty bookmark!

Flyraeven, your painting is beautiful!  The bookmark is wonderful too; is that knit or crocheted?

Thanks! The bookmark is crocheted. I am glad you liked it Erin!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My great grandchildren came to me in a dream and asked me what I did while the world was unraveling. -Marcia Starck

My WISTful thinking...http://www.wists.com/flyraeven
RougeRaven
« Reply #173 on: March 13, 2013 04:03:39 PM »

That sewing kit and bookmark are beautiful  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Craft Blog- one 30 day project each month

http://stitchittotheman.wordpress.com/
Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #174 on: March 13, 2013 04:47:03 PM »

Awesome bag, necklace, sewing kit and bookmark, whenindoubtsew!  And I love the extras too--the chocolate covered peanuts and tea...and the soap looks good enough to eat!

But really, lets go back to that bag for a moment.  You made a sewing kit and a necklace, but that wasn't enough, you made an incredibly detailed bag too??  You are one amazing swapper!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
Ninaprettyballerina
« Reply #175 on: March 13, 2013 05:50:41 PM »

yes she is awesome!!!

I was so lucky to have Kylie as my partner!!
 Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
psyche

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

« Reply #176 on: March 13, 2013 08:59:19 PM »

Finally, here are my photos of my fab package from Elyxandra! We swapped in person a ways back.

First of all, the crafted item: a book tote! It's got a nice almost 80's tone to it, I think.

Then there's the books! Two from my list, Blood Meridien by Cormac McCarthy and The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time.

And some neat water colour bookmarks. Smiley

Thanks Elyxandra, it's a great package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ninaprettyballerina
« Reply #177 on: March 13, 2013 09:41:34 PM »

Lovethat book the curious incident!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

« Reply #178 on: March 14, 2013 05:15:34 AM »

Ooh, Elyxandra, I love your artistic approach to the book bag and bookmarks! The bag is cool with the bold graphic letters, and the painted bookmarks are so pretty, and I like what you wrote on each one. And TWO books! Great package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
Averia

Floppsy

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 14, 2013 06:23:16 AM »

I could not put the Curious Incident down when I read it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
OOOOOHKLAHOMA! Where the wind...
Tute Tuesday: Hand-Bound Book
A Little Birdie Told Me

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...