A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,607
Currently Running With Scissors:
457 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Old Fashioned Book Lover's Swap GALLERY, send by Feb 26 2013  (Read 18017 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

calixita
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

thought I heard a saxophone; I'm drunk on the moon

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #130 on: March 02, 2013 09:36:26 AM »

I just wanted to show off how I framed up my new embroidery from mthrasher.

It's already up in my bedroom for me to enjoy!  I'm saving the other patch for my journal.

I love the framed Princess Bride quotes.  Nice idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StickerChic87
« Reply #131 on: March 02, 2013 09:52:55 AM »

I like how you did that with the book pages background!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mthrasher138

I ♥ personal swaps!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #132 on: March 02, 2013 11:37:01 AM »

That looks great, calixita!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whenindoubtsew

I do love knitting patterns - Albus Dumbledore

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 03, 2013 01:28:45 AM »

Wow - I haven't posted yet and there's so much awesome in this gallery

StickerChic87 - beautiful bag and journal - I love the colours and patterns you used,
Noodle-bug - love the heart wall-art and embroidered bookmark,
Lindyv321 - "Reading is sexy" hoopla - pinned  Cheesy
Avesthel - lovely bookmark (I am a sucker for blue) and artwork,
deathbeforedishes - that cross stitch is phenomenal - I can't imagine how you feel that it is MIA  Undecided
jfer007 - gorgeous NYT hoopla,
susanab - beautiful tote and bookmarks
sarahelise - I love the pen holder bookmark, gorgeous Austen fingerless gloves and that Seuss fabric rocks,
Fancybutch - another stunning hoopla,
Titaniumhip - those Matryoshka Dolls are mind blowing,
Danlynn - beautiful origami crane applique tote,
Pcollins - love the paperart shadowbox - I can feel the torment from the newspaper figure!!
Lesliehappyheart - love the book conversion, charming needlebook and lovely bookmarks,
rachel.in.rainbows - beautiful stitch-work on the notebook cover,
calixita - I have always admired those crocheted mug-rugs and want the Hitchhiker's bookmark  Cheesy
theatreorchid - I love, love, love the book tote and Marvin bookmark
Averia - that's my most favourite Mr Darcy quote and those colours in the messenger bag are gorgeous,
Pioneer9 - beautiful art quilt (love the quote) and tote bag,
RougeRaven - cute Harry Potter hoop
Psyche - love the READ hoop and the fabric you used for it and the bookmark,
mthrasher138 - more Hitchhiker's awesomeness - paranoid android - pinned, and love the cross stitches (well framed calixita)
when_i'm_sixty4 - I am liking that totes and coffee sleeve,
jellybean89 - beautiful bookmarks and I love the Princess Bride quote art,

Phew - I can't believe so many people have received!! Hope your package gets to you soon Nina  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/winsomelonesome/
http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/7049637-kylie
Black Apple doll - sent
Altered spool swap - sent
Woodland Creatures swap - sent
Dream catcher swap - crafting
flyraeven
« Reply #134 on: March 04, 2013 07:51:09 PM »

Such lovely crafty items! I am always so intimidated when I start looking through the gallery! You all are so talented!

I was even more intimidated when I received my package today from Staar84! She totally spoiled me! I am scheming some thank you items I  going to craft for her this weekend!

I received a book I have been wanting for ages! AND she embroidered this beautiful raven that is composed of lines out of my *favorite* Poe poem. How on earth did you get such tiny words so neat and legible?

I tried posting more detailed pics but for some reason when I do it from my phone, it just uploads multiples of the same darn pic! I will post details in a following post.

The bookmarks are so very cool too! The red one she made just for the book she sent along. They button at the bottom and fit perfectly! And them small blue one is magnetic.

Thank you so much Staar84! Keep an eye out next week for some thank you goodies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My great grandchildren came to me in a dream and asked me what I did while the world was unraveling. -Marcia Starck

My WISTful thinking...http://www.wists.com/flyraeven
jfer007
« Reply #135 on: March 04, 2013 08:15:30 PM »

That raven is beautiful and clever!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ninaprettyballerina

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 04, 2013 10:29:09 PM »

Such lovely crafty items! I am always so intimidated when I start looking through the gallery! You all are so talented!

I was even more intimidated when I received my package today from Staar84! She totally spoiled me! I am scheming some thank you items I  going to craft for her this weekend!

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/140353_04Mar13_image.jpg

I received a book I have been wanting for ages! AND she embroidered this beautiful raven that is composed of lines out of my *favorite* Poe poem. How on earth did you get such tiny words so neat and legible?

I tried posting more detailed pics but for some reason when I do it from my phone, it just uploads multiples of the same darn pic! I will post details in a following post.

The bookmarks are so very cool too! The red one she made just for the book she sent along. They button at the bottom and fit perfectly! And them small blue one is magnetic.

Thank you so much Staar84! Keep an eye out next week for some thank you goodies!

MY GOSH THAT RAVEN IS WOW!!!  
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013 04:45:31 AM by Phizzychick - Reason: please don't quote photos, remove the image tags first, thanks! » THIS ROCKS   Logged
whenindoubtsew

I do love knitting patterns - Albus Dumbledore

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 05, 2013 01:23:14 AM »

I agree - that raven is incredible!! Gotta love some Poe inspire embroidery  Cheesy

Now I got some beautiful crafts of my own from the wonderful Ninaprettyballerina!

I was so excited to get the package so quickly - we are even in the same state  Shocked

First - here is the awesomeness that greeted me when I opened the box

The postcards Nina wrote me a note on are gorgeous in themselves and some sweet extras!

Oh My Goodness - Jeffrey Eugenides. I fell in love reading Middlesex and put 2 of his novels on my list. The Marriage Plot is his latest I think and I already started reading last night. I'm loving it!

Look at this loveliness - a handmade journal. It is put together so perfectly and I love the material and design on the inner sleeves. And as a sneaky little surprise there are authors names drawn on random pages throughout  Grin I included some of my favourites in the picture. Nina suggested it could be used to write notes and thoughts about things I read but I always have difficulties using handmade journals - they just seem too perfect to write in. I think I may use it as a basis for a bit of junk journalling.

I had pinned these pen-holder bookmarks and was secretly hoping for one - but got 2!! One is inspired by the 3 main characters in the Marriage plot and the second is reflecting one of my favourite colours -blue

There were these beautiful extras as well - bracelets in my favourite colours. I will be selecting an outfit tomorrow so I can wear one (or both - there are no rules!!)

Thank-you so much Nina - if you have better photos of anything please post them  Cheesy I love everything you made for me - and hope you love what I made for you half as much. I hope yours get's there soon!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/winsomelonesome/
http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/7049637-kylie
Black Apple doll - sent
Altered spool swap - sent
Woodland Creatures swap - sent
Dream catcher swap - crafting
Ninaprettyballerina

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 05, 2013 03:30:48 AM »

So glad you like it, im blushing a little from your compliments.  xxx
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Averia

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: March 05, 2013 03:43:30 AM »

I can't believe the raven embroidery! Lovely!

The journal looks fantastic! I have always wanted to make a full size one myself but have only tried minis.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top Brain, Bottom Brain and How We Communicate
Scott Berg Discusses His New Book Wilson
Confessions of a Wild Child by Jackie Collins
Chris Matthews on His New Book Tip and the Gipper
Visiting Quiet Dell with Jayne Anne Phillips
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...