A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,542
Currently Running With Scissors:
626 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What r the cheapest websties for selling my crafts?  (Read 1389 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Spiderwomen
« on: February 05, 2013 09:24:25 AM »

Hi all!
I'm looking for the cheapest websites to sell my crafts. Preferably with the lowest fees, or even with no fees at all.
Thanks in advance.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Chris in VT
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013 04:11:26 AM »

Just remember this sentence:

"You get what you pay for."

You want to pay nothing, there's a great chance you'll get nothing in return.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's NOTHING at a craft show, or on Etsy, anybody NEEDS. NOTHING.
www.shadypinestudio s.com
Spiderwomen
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013 01:16:36 PM »

Yeah. I know what I mean. Basically I was looking for smth. like this website I've found www.salecity.me where there are no fees at all. But guess I'll have to consider also different options.
Thanks anyway.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Chris in VT
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013 04:07:54 PM »

You're looking all over the net for places to sell. Your customer isn't. They're familiar with very few places. Ebay and Etsy are the 800 lb gorillas here. Both are in business to make a profit. And a sad thing lately about Etsy is it has become the new "Country Sampler" where other crafters go for ideas, not to buy anything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's NOTHING at a craft show, or on Etsy, anybody NEEDS. NOTHING.
www.shadypinestudio s.com
sunandwindfarm
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013 02:35:16 PM »

You're looking all over the net for places to sell. Your customer isn't. They're familiar with very few places. Ebay and Etsy are the 800 lb gorillas here...

We strongly agree with what Chris is saying here. More than 100 million people are registered to shop on Ebay. You want the largest possible audience to see and bid up your treasures. Even though we have subsequently built our own site to sell hand dyed wool for rug hooking (http://www.sunandwindfarm.com), we still maintain our store on Ebay. It's where we find all our new customers!

All the best,
Frances and John at Sun and Wind Farm
THIS ROCKS   Logged
displayonacrylic
Acrylic display ,acrylic donation box,photo frame

custom made acrylic display ,acrylic box

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013 01:42:22 AM »

i think , if you want to do B2C,then ebay ,amanzon are ok .
If you want to promote your own brands ,then you can consider establishing your own company site or a eco mall .
It depend on what products and which business do you want to do .

Kind regards,
Judeon
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kind regards,
Judeon
www.displayonacryli c.com
adorablykawaii
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013 09:01:32 AM »

Storenvy is also good and has no fees so you can invest in advertising.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Amigurumi, patterns, and more at my blog: http://www.adorablykawaii.blogspot.com/

Suggest new amigurumi designs on my website: http://adorablykawaii.com/
ilysa
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2013 10:08:17 AM »

I would say etsy by far, but you can't just list things and expect people to buy, you need to actively market yourself. The web is a huge place and if nobody knows about you you are not going to sell your work. Join Facebook and the other social networks and direct people to your shop. Spread the word anywhere you can and list often and you should do fine. Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SewLicious Home Decor
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013 03:12:59 PM »

I would agree, most people go to the big sites like ebay, and etsy....I would also consider Amazon.   

Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
debdel
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2013 05:38:59 AM »

I would say etsy by far, but you can't just list things and expect people to buy, you need to actively market yourself. The web is a huge place and if nobody knows about you you are not going to sell your work. Join Facebook and the other social networks and direct people to your shop. Spread the word anywhere you can and list often and you should do fine. Good luck!

I TOTALLY agree with this!  Just because you elect to sell on an established site doesn't mean you're going to immediately start selling.  Etsy is huge and there are thousands upon thousands of shops which means LOTS of competition.  You can't just sit back and expect the sales to roll in.  And, you'd be surprised at how many people have never heard of Etsy.  I also sell at craft shows and people ask me if I have a website.  When I tell them I have a shop on Etsy, I kid you not, 85% of them ask "what's that, I've never heard of it".  The key is to promote yourself and your site no matter what online site you choose.  There are lots of social networks and classified ad sites that are free or very low cost.  There's also a very wide variety of online marketplaces with very varying cost structures.   

Here's a list (constantly being updated and added to) that may help:

http://winterberryoriginals.com/where-to-sell-your-crafts-online/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lisa Genova Talks About Still Alice
The Bone Box Book Trailer
Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman Talks About Long Way Down
Ted Bell Talks About Tsar
Eric Weiner Talks About The Shadow Market
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...