A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 304,760
Currently Running With Scissors:
829 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Healthy Eats-Along 2013  (Read 10508 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Sublime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #90 on: June 10, 2013 09:14:13 PM »

Ugh, I'm so sorry CLM. I hope you're feeling better soon... or at least manage to find something other than lettuce to eat Sad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest!
My Blog!

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #91 on: June 14, 2013 02:37:59 PM »

I don't know if they do parties but I've seen them at craft shows and the like. Good stuff, very nummy.

I am having a bout of IBS that really sucks, I have to be super careful what I eat right now 'cause almost all of it gives me a terrible bubbly tummy. I started tincturing some bitters a couple months ago that are finally finished so I'm going to be sure to have them before every meal. I can buy prepared bitters of course but that gets pricey when you need them for every bite of food, ugh. Not that this wasn't pricey, I used high end brandy for my tincture. But I got a lot, 2 large mason jars. And it's potent stuff, woo. Eating will be an extremely simple affair until I get this back in hand Tongue

Hugs to CLM!!  My family has always had troubles with IBS, including my HUb.  My Mom fixed hers with heavy food restriction and strict lists of what she can eat....which is not much.  It is easier to say the things she can eat then the things she can't.  She even was allergic to lettuce...till I got her to try organic greens, and now she eats greens all the time.  My Daddy takes all kinds of medicine to keep his tummy in check.  Not my ideal treatment plan, but it seems to help him.  I have a few things I can't eat..like grains LOL, but I'm mostly lucky with my tum tum I think.  The family joke is that I'm the carrier and that is why I don't get stomach aches Grin

I hope you can get it under control soon monkey!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: June 15, 2013 10:51:24 AM »

I'm ok now, thanks guys. Just never know when there's gonna be a flare up or why. Not fun.

We're packing to move so the kitchen is crazy. Lots of take out, not good for the body or the wallet Tongue. I'll get back on track when we're settled again, there's a fresh produce stand a 5 min walk from the cottage, yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: June 22, 2013 02:16:19 PM »

Have you moved yet, clm? I hope things have settled down a bit for you!

I got back to the gym today after a few weeks off (so many excuses, vacation, being sick, watching the nephs). I've also been focusing on fruits and veggies and protein this week and trying to limit added (non-fruit) sugars and going easy on the bread products.

I just read The Green Smoothies Diet book and while I'm not ready to become a vegetarian, I am definitely starting to drink more green smoothies. I've had a couple so far and am really enjoying them.

I also have been trying to use more kale and other veggies in general. I haven't made any recipes from Eat Like a Farm Girl, but I love the idea that it's "ok" to pair veggies with veggies, and to just have another mindset. Not that I thought that is wrong or something, but I typically think "carb, protein, veggie" when preparing a meal, but all veggies can be a good meal too!

I made a great massaged kale salad the other day with goat cheese, dried cranberries, and sliced almonds with a homemade lemon vinaigrette. So good, I'm craving it again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
craftylittlemonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: June 26, 2013 09:16:31 AM »

Haven't moved yet, it's a long process. Soon! Then I'm going on a juice fast, this food we've been eating lately has been such junk.

I am not a fan of kale but kale chips are excellent. I can't believe how my veg-fussy kids gobble those up! 2 huge heads of kale can be devoured in minutes, it's amazing.

Had a nice fire going outside the other day so threw a massive cast iron pan on full of onions and sauted them up. There are some in the pasta sauce I'm having for lunch today, rice noodles, can't risk the flour reaction Tongue. Bottled sauce but the onions make it super tasty, yum!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheGlobalChameleon
« Reply #95 on: October 12, 2013 06:53:46 PM »

Thanks everyone!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: October 15, 2013 01:59:14 PM »

We just got home from Thanksgiving with family (Canadian Wink) and the food, OMG, I'm still full!
I had some good success in the kitchen though, we made broth from the bird and I cooked it down to practically nothing. It's a thick, nearly black jelly that's so flavourful. I'll be using it in rice, stir-fries etc. It'll make a good instant cup of soup too, stir a spoonful into hot water and voila! Instant comfort food.
I cooked down a gallon of pure apple cider into a small jar of cider molasses too, I'm liking this condensed food lately!
http://www.homegrown.org/forum/topics/apple-molasses-101
We're all moved in and getting settled but I often feel short on time lately so I dedicated a few kitchen hours and got tons of stuff prepped. The freezer is full of soups, hummus, pre-portioned smoothie ingredients (berries, chia, bee pollen, etc), garlic pureed in olive and coconut oil, cooked quinoa, pesto and apple sauce. Woo! Next on the list are onions, I'm going to cook a few pounds of them and freeze them in meal size portions so they're ready to go for any and everything. Then carrots, they're a great base for soup, stew, casserole, sauces, baking, etc and they freeze well cooked and pureed. I'm determined to break our take-out and restaurant habit in this new place. I really like our apartment so it's easy to want to stay home instead of going out. I just gotta make sure I have the energy for food prep and pre-made stuff helps so much with that.

Oh, and I made baked parsnip fries for the first time the other day and the kids LOVED them! Of course they had them with ketchup (barf) but at least they ate them all up and wanted seconds. I bought some more at the market today and am going to try them with yams. Yum.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013 02:02:41 PM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Photograph landscapes with a Telephoto Lens
How to Take a Trees Portrait
How to Understand the Psychological Impact of Black and White
How to Understand the Power of Juxtaposition
How to Photograph Evocative Gestures
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...