A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,052
Currently Running With Scissors:
622 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cloth Napkaaaaaaaaaaahns! (Star Trek cotton print napkins)  (Read 2473 times)
Tags for this thread: star_trek , tv_show , napkin  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TheMistressT
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: February 03, 2013 06:47:09 PM »

I was wondering around the local JoAnn at the beginning of the year, ogling all the prints when I stumbled upon a section of Star Trek prints.  GAH!  Well, I went home and plotted what I could make then went back with stacks of paper and phone app coupons and bought yards 3 different patterns! 

First project: Cloth napkins.  I've been using cloth napkins pretty much exclusively for over 2 decades so it's fun to make new ones once in a while and it had been a few years.

They're the same print on 2 sides, just sewn right sides together, turned and top-stitched around the edge to close the opening and keep them square.  I considered a contrasting backside, but I was kind of trapped at home due to an icy Death Luge of a driveway that I fell on and got scared about driving, etc.  AND I had enough to make 6 w/o buying anything more. 

Action shot the first meal:

We're having fun with 'em!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HSG
Global Moderator
Glass Crafts Moderator
Guest Blogger

Tutorial Contributor

Oy Vey!

Margaritas & Facial Masks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013 07:36:48 PM »

HA! These are made of awesome! Love there is so much Spock in the fabric. The hubby and I just watched Wrath of Kahn about 2 weeks ago. It was as good as we remembered.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheMistressT

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013 07:53:07 AM »

HA! These are made of awesome! Love there is so much Spock in the fabric. The hubby and I just watched Wrath of Kahn about 2 weeks ago. It was as good as we remembered.

Thanks!  All the prints are very Kirk and Spock centric.  In fact, this might be the only one that has anyone else on it.  At least that my local JoAnn carries.  I keep meaning to go to the manufacturer's website to see if there are some with Scotty, Bone, Uhuru, etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013 01:27:11 PM »

Love it! I would be yelling, "Wipe your mouth with our napKAAAAAAHHHHHNNNNSSSS! all the time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheMistressT

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013 02:36:48 PM »

Love it! I would be yelling, "Wipe your mouth with our napKAAAAAAHHHHHNNNNSSSS! all the time.

Oh, Pam!  That's a great idea!  From now on anytime I refer to them at all they will be "napkaaaaaaaahns" and I will be yelling.  Probably grimacing and making fists, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kohoutek
kohoutek

buster love

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013 11:21:59 PM »

I love your napkins!! They look great! I'm running to Joann's tomorrow to see if they happen to have any of this fabric. My husband needs some of these.  Actually, so do I!! hee hee!! Awesome!  Thanks for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

karen
TheMistressT

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013 07:19:34 AM »

I love your napkins!! They look great! I'm running to Joann's tomorrow to see if they happen to have any of this fabric. My husband needs some of these.  Actually, so do I!! hee hee!! Awesome!  Thanks for sharing!

Thanks!  I hope you find it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewingal13
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013 11:51:14 AM »

These are sweet!  I do not like science fiction, but the idea of the reversible napkins is cool.  How big are the squares?  I've been in a napkin-making mood lately.  Have lots and lots of fabrics to use up and my BF is asking for more.
Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheMistressT

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013 12:11:56 PM »

These are sweet!  I do not like science fiction, but the idea of the reversible napkins is cool.  How big are the squares?  I've been in a napkin-making mood lately.  Have lots and lots of fabrics to use up and my BF is asking for more.
Thanks

Thanks!  You know, I'm not really into sci-fi, either, but I love Star Trek.  Go figure.  Finished they're about 9.25" square.  I cut them about 10" square to get the most out of the material I had.  I have made others that were a bit bigger and I like the bigger size better, but these have worked fine so far.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sparrowowl
Tutorial Contributor

shiny!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013 07:53:55 PM »

What a great idea!  So cute and so useful.  You've inspired me; I need to make cloth napkins with the random weird prints I always buy and never use. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 6/19
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 5/19
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 7/19
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 3/19
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 4/19
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...