A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,454
Currently Running With Scissors:
504 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: February 2013 Ongoing Pinterest Discussion/Gallery  (Read 9722 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AmandaBL
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2013 04:52:37 PM »

Old patterns from thrift stores are great. The tissue is super thin so it is good for layering in collage. You can see through it and usually the paper is naturally distressed along the folds with good variations in color. Also, the envelope artwork is usually campy and good for card fronts. I color copy the really good ones. Glue on a few old buttons & ur done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dessadoll
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2013 05:00:11 PM »

Love the card organizer!  Great job AmandaBL!!

I am so happy that the glass jar didn't break in the mail.  I was really concerned. Canadapost doesn't always have the best track record.  I had a blast making it!

As for the peeps, they were supper easy, and fun to make as well!  Watched one movie, and voila! Peeps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gamemom42
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2013 06:52:37 PM »

I rec'd my wonderful package from kittyvettech today!  I'll post pics of my wonderful goodies tomorrow so get your pinning fingers ready!

Edit:  Okay, here they are!  This is such a fun package of goodies and I love each and every thing.

First up, a chapstick holder for daughter number one.  She is constantly losing her chap stick and she only uses Burts Bees (which isn't cheap) so she desperately needed this.  She saw it this morning and was all set to grab and go with it.  As you see, I've loaded it up for her already.

Now, for daughter number two.  I am working on filling baby gift trunks for both daughters.  Neither is in a serious relationship but they both have baby fever so I want to be prepared with lots of homemade goodies when the time comes.  This daughter thinks brie stands alone as an entire food group with a daily recommended intake of at least half a wheel so her future little one will need her/his own brie and crackers for playtime.  kittyvettech made me a perfect wheel with two kinds of crackers!  Isn't it great all plated up?

And of course there has to be something for me, right?  Right off my pincushions I want board this wonderful cat!  I can't begin to explain how much I love this pincushion! 

I feel spoiled rotten and I'm loving it!  Thank you so much kittyvettech!

« Last Edit: March 16, 2013 07:12:44 AM by gamemom42 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2013 02:13:52 PM »

That cat head is so fun! Lots of great packages as usual Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
plaidpineapple
« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2013 05:23:40 AM »

Lol gamemom "  This daughter thinks brie stands alone as an entire food group with a daily recommended intake of at least half a wheel"  That is so funny.  kittyvettech- Love the pincushion!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

gamemom42

« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2013 05:26:21 AM »

Lol gamemom "  This daughter thinks brie stands alone as an entire food group with a daily recommended intake of at least half a wheel"  That is so funny.  kittyvettech- Love the pincushion!

Yeah, I made her have her cholesterol checked years ago (and she's only 24 now) because I was afraid her blood was slowly turning to cheese.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Koreena

« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2013 06:25:43 AM »

I'm such a complete delinquent these days  Embarrassed  Sorry for the delay in posting these amazing, lovely, incredibly beautiful jewelry pieces from pheonixfiredesigns~

First off, she sent me a necklace that I have been secretly hoping & wishing for for many months now...  The Cagefree Bird:

I put this lovely piece on immediately when I received it (2 weeks ago!!) & got about 200 compliments from co-workers in a single afternoon...  Talk about a coveted item!  Isn't it great?  The length is perfect, I can see me wearing this far, far too often  Wink

Next, she spoiled me with the most beautiful Tree of Life that I think I've ever seen!  She used a lot of beautiful natural stones and gems, all in colours that I adore:

I am always in such awe whenever I see the things that phoenixfiredesigns creates and was completely stoked when she chose to make soemthing for me in the Feb swap~  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!  So very sorry for taking a while to get these photos posted...  I have no good excuse other than I've been ridiculously busy for too long now.

Have fun in what's left of the March swap & in the April swap, ladies~  I'm going to recharge, slow down & hopefully see you in June  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jexxican

« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2013 06:45:10 AM »

See, THAT is why I was so excited to see PFD in this swap. I knew she would amaze me!

Those felt goodies are so much fun! Brie, ha!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
Koreena

« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2013 08:51:40 AM »

See, THAT is why I was so excited to see PFD in this swap. I knew she would amaze me!

Those felt goodies are so much fun! Brie, ha!

I know, right???  Smiley 

I nearly forgot to post something that I've made with the GORGEOUS yarn that Jexxican sent to me for "winning" this month!!  Check it out:

Isn't it awesome??  The pattern is "Button Up Your Cup" on Ravelry ~ Super quick, cute & easy.  This is the 2nd one that I've made so far...  the other one went to my derby wife for her birthday, so no photo.  This yarn is so beautiful, I don't even know how to describe the colour variations...  Just incredible.  I had to make something that I would use every day so that I could look at it all of the time.  Thank you again Jexx~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

phoenixfiredesigns
~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2013 09:39:29 AM »

I'm such a complete delinquent these days  Embarrassed  Sorry for the delay in posting these amazing, lovely, incredibly beautiful jewelry pieces from pheonixfiredesigns~

First off, she sent me a necklace that I have been secretly hoping & wishing for for many months now...  The Cagefree Bird:

I put this lovely piece on immediately when I received it (2 weeks ago!!) & got about 200 compliments from co-workers in a single afternoon...  Talk about a coveted item!  Isn't it great?  The length is perfect, I can see me wearing this far, far too often  Wink

Next, she spoiled me with the most beautiful Tree of Life that I think I've ever seen!  She used a lot of beautiful natural stones and gems, all in colours that I adore:

I am always in such awe whenever I see the things that phoenixfiredesigns creates and was completely stoked when she chose to make soemthing for me in the Feb swap~  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!  So very sorry for taking a while to get these photos posted...  I have no good excuse other than I've been ridiculously busy for too long now.
So glad to hear you love them!! I made someone one of those "bird out of cage" necklaces last year for someone and still had some of the charms left so when I saw it on your list, I was like PERFECT! Wink

And since you said you liked shades of blue, I made the tree in an assortment of blue gems like aquamarine, apatite, turquoise and lapis. Made me think of the ocean with all those colors! Grin Hope you continue to get a lot of enjoyment out of both!

Aw, thanks! Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The History of Glass Blowing
How to Tie the Handcuff Knot
How to Sew a Dress
What Is Glass Art
What to Do If Thread Is Caught in Your Sewing Machine
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...