A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,695
Currently Running With Scissors:
517 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: February 2013 Ongoing Pinterest Swap  (Read 2725 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jexxican
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: February 01, 2013 07:34:36 AM »

Swap name: February 2013 Ongoing Pinterest Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Jexxican
Co-Organiser: ?
Sign-up date range: 1 February 2013 to 28 February 2013
Date to send item by: 2 weeks after claim
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional):NO
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
Additional Age requirement? NO

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: NO
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: NO
- Does not have any negative feedback: NO
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:
This is a Pinterest swap, meaning that your fellow Craftsters will claim you for something you have pinned on your Pinterest site.  If you don't have a Pinterest but are interested, go here www.pinterest.com to request one or PM the organizer your email address to request an invite.

If you are late in the January swap, please do not sign up until you send. You will not be accepted. If you still have outstanding claims in the December swap, however, you can still join as long as you are not already late in sending.

Also please note that this swap requires that you communicate with your partner and the organizer.  Please send a PM when you claim, when you send, and when you receive.  People who consistently fail to communicate will be asked to take a break from the Pinterest swap and maybe try again in two months.

Please do not post in the thread until you have been approved by the organizer. This thread is for lists only. Only post once. If you need to change/add something, simply "Modify" your post. The discussion/gallery thread is located here. Post as soon as possible after signing up so we know you have found the thread and that you are getting updates.

FAQ: Please READ

How does this swap work?
You may choose from anyone's Pinterest board once they have posted a link and bio in this thread.  This is not a chain list swap; its more of a free for all swap.  However, when possible it is nice to claim from those who haven't been claimed or who have claimed more than they have been claimed for. You have two weeks from the date you claim to send your item on its way to the lucky recipient.  Remember to PM the organizer and the recipient when you claim, send, and receive. Please include the swap name and month in your subject line! Please make sure to tell me who you are claiming, sending to, or receiving from. You may have up to 2 outstanding (not received) claims. If you are FOC you may have up to 3 outstanding claims.  Everyone MUST make at least one claim.

What should my bio and link look like?
Once you have been approved, you may post in the list thread.  There is no one way to do this but please be sure your bio includes the following:
         - your location and a brief bio (include allergies in red please)
         - your Pinterest link
         - list of boards that are to be used for this swap, or simply say something like "all my boards are game"
         - whether you are okay with supply claims

What do I need to send?
This swap is for either one medium or 2-3 small items for each claim.  A medium item is one that takes 2 or more hours, $10 - $30, some examples are a single necklace or bracelet or a scarf.  A small item is one that takes 2 or less hours, $10 or less, some examples are earrings/wallets/pouches/bookmarks.

How do the organizers ensure that claims are even?
We don't. But we do try.  One way is that we highlight your name when you have claimed more times than you have been claimed.  We ask that people claim from those that haven't been claimed yet or who have claimed more often than they have been claimed, but there is no guarantee that if you send 5 times that you will receive 5 items.  In fact, theoretically it is quite possible to not get claimed at all.  If this is a major concern for you and you know you would miserable if things were not always even, this may not be the swap for you.  However, I will say that for the most part this is not a big problem in this swap so far.

How closely does the item I send need to resemble the item pinned?
It depends on who you are claiming.  Read the bios carefully.  Read the pins carefully.  Some of us pin items for inspiration and are fine with items that are simply inspired by our pins.  Others would like the item to look as close to the pin as possible.

What happens if I am flaked on?
If you are flaked on, you will only receive an angel for as many packages as you have sent.  If you were claimed for 3 packages and you sent 2 packages and one package was flaked on - you will not receive a swap angel.

What do I do if I'm not being claimed?
If you are not being claimed, it might be time to consider your pins.  Do you have enough variety?  Are there enough small and medium items?  Do you have items pinned that require a variety of crafty mediums (ex: knitting, crocheting, sewing, beading, embroidery, etc...)?  Are your pins realistically craftable?  You should shoot for at least 20-30 pins (this includes only those pins you want to be claimed); maybe more if most of your items are on the large side or primarily in one crafty medium.  We have some talented folks on here... but not everyone can do all crafts.  If you find you aren't being claimed...try adding more pins. Annchen posted a great reply about this in the December swap that I highly encourage reading if you are not being claimed.

I hear a rumor that there is a giveaway; is this true?
YES!  It is true.  Each month, there is a giveaway.  You get one entry into the random drawing for each claim you make.  At the end of the month, we'll use a random number generator and that lucky person will receive a crafted item or crafty supply.  We cannot tell you what the item might be upfront because we like to cater it to the winner's interests and needs.  Also randomly but not necessarily every month, there might be additional giveaways so make sure to stay up to date on the discussion thread so you don't miss out!

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND THE FOLLOWING INFO TO THE ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE:

QUESTIONNAIRE:
Name of swap: February 2013 Pinterest
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)
Your Pinterest link:  

Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013 07:40:08 AM by jexxican » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
jexxican

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013 07:35:28 AM »

Discussion and Gallery

Swappers Name links to Bio
Bold = claiming more than claimed = give love!
(w) swapper x/y/z
w = times claimed, x = claims made, y = claims in transit to recipients, z = claims received by recipient
Jexxican - organizer - not participating
(2) Dessadoll 3/0/3

(2) Lillyanka 2/0/0 Temp neg
(1) phoenixfiredesigns 1/0/1
(2) Koreena 2/0/2
(2) kittyvettech 1/0/1
(3) gamemom42 2/1/1
(3) AmandaBL 4/0/4
(1) Plaidpineapple 1/0/1

(1) GlassKicker 1/0/1

Due Feb 15
*2/15,2/25,3/8 lillyanka --> pheonixfire for some knitted cuffs

Due Feb 16
*2/17 pheonixfiredesigns --> Koreena for a jewelry item 2/19 --> 3/12

Due Feb 17
*2/17dessadoll --> lillyanka for a chocolate/teal/white hoopla, and a needlebook 2/19 --> 3/5

Due Feb 18
*2/25,3/8 lillyanka --> gamemom42 --> some Baby Janes and a Butterfly bracelet

Due Feb 19
AmandaBL --> Koreena for a pocket watch & some book pages 2/11 --> 2/22

Due Feb 25
dessadoll --> AmandaBL for some polymer clay mini monsters, a dog bandana, and a penny rug necklace. 2/25 --> 3/3

Due Feb 26
AmandaBL --> Dessadoll for a covered tin from her wish list board 2/19 --> 3/2

Due Mar 2
plaidpineapple --> kittyvettech for a bed pocket and hanging car storage 3/1 --> 3/7

Due Mar 4
*3/3,3/7 gamemom42 --> lillyanka for a hoop for her future hoopla wall 3/8 -->

Due Mar 8
Dessadoll -->  plaidpineapple for a clay turtle bottle and some felt chicks 3/5 --> 3/15
GlassKicker --> gamemom42 for a woven glass platter 2/27 --> 3/1
*3/10 kittyvettech --> gamemom42 for a chapstick holder, brie and crackers and a pincushion. 3/12 --> 3/15

Due Mar 9
AmandaBL --> kittyvettech for a candle holder, book tags and a lettered sign 2/19 --> 3/7
AmandaBL --> glass kicker for a card organizer 3/9 --> 3/15

Due Mar 10
*3/7,3/12,3/21 Koreena --> Dessadoll for some yarny goodness3/22--> 4/2
*3/7,3/12,3/21 Koreena --> AmandaBL for a surprise!3/22--> 3/29

Due Mar 11
gamemom42 --> AmandaBL for a button art wall hanging or hoopla 3/11--> 3/14

WINNER: Koreena!

ANGEL
Due Apr 12
plaidpineapple --> pheonixfiredesigns for a lined car trash bag 4/4--> 4/6
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013 05:41:59 PM by jexxican » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
dessadoll
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013 09:36:29 AM »

BACK AGAIN!  Hello, my name is Brieanna, and I am a pinterest swap addict!

Hi all!   I'm 31.  And live in Saskatchewan Canada with my husband, 3 kids, 4 dogs, 1 cat and 2 fish.  As well working full time as a LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) on an Orthopedics ward.  And yes, I LOVE my job...Honestly.  lol  A little bit about my kids in case you want to craft for them.  My oldest is Audessa (dessadoll) and she is 12, she is my biodaughter.  Our little 2 are R (boy age 7) and J (girl age 5)  They are a first nations sibling set that we very recently adopted.  We took guardianship of the children from foster care in Feb 2012, and our adoption was granted October 12!!! Yeah!!!!  I will gladly send a picture of my gorgeous family to anyone that sends me a pm with their email address. 
My 3 children and I love to craft.  The little 2 more than my tween, but that is to be expected.  I like piddle around in many different areas, felt, needlefelting, sewing, embroidery, polymer clay, paper crafts, hair ties/bands,  I can crochet and knit, but not very well, so I love anything that someone will make for me.  And even though I may be able to make some of the things I pin, it doesn't mean I wouldn't appreciate if someone else did it for me to give me time to make another project    We do have 4 dogs (3 CKC Siberian Huskies, and 1 mini dachshund) as well as an orange and white very senior cat, and 2 siamese fighting fish.  I will do my best not to send copious amounts of their fur with the projects that I send out.  I have no allergies.

As for my boards.  They are all fair game.  The best bet is wishlist....but really, if you find it else where, and I pinned it, then its something I like and would love to have.   As for my boards...I will put an * by items that I receive in swaps as they come. (I'm hoping to start a pin board of things I have got from other craftsters.)

Hope this helps...Happy Crafting!
http://pinterest.com/brieannao/

p.s. I will try to go through asap and put an asterix * by things I have already received.  But hey, if its something you really want to make me...go for it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lillyanka
Yarn Ho

Foodie, photographer wannabe, knitter, WAHM

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013 10:33:28 AM »

Hi! I'm Lilly, and I have become addicted to the OPS. Cheesy

I live in San Jos, Costa Rica, with my 6 yo daughter Camila (http://www.flickr.com/photos/lillyanka/8223909777/), and my two Dachshunds Fiona and Bruno (http://www.flickr.com/photos/lillyanka/8242510147/in/photostream). *I always forget to say, I have a US address for swappers who want to send large packages or want to keep shipping costs down Smiley* I love photography and reading, and work as a Web designer/developer. Craft-wise, I knit (and quite well, if I say so myself), but I can't do it too often because I have Fibromyalgia and early Rheumatoid Arthritis (although I do knit as often as I can, because I love it so so so much). I'd love to sew, but alas, I have no idea how (yet, but I will learn someday). Also, over the past month I have been learning to make wire jewelry, and I have to say I love it, although decent supplies (especially wire) are impossible to come by around here, so I've been stuck using mostly crappy wire Sad. I've also slowly taken up spinning on a drop spindle, so fiber is always nice. Cheesy

Regarding allergies, we don't have any (yay!).

In a couple of months we'll be undergoing a home renovation, and I'd love stuff for my bedroom (hooplas would be great!). I'll have my office/craft space in my room, so I'd like to have pretty crafty stuff to keep me inspired and happy.

(TL;DR? Here comes the good stuff)

As for my boards, they're all game, but right now I'd really love stuff from "Crafty Supplies! Cheesy". Other important boards are "Craftiness" (this is where the crafted things I want  are), "Chunches Chivas ", "A Song of Ice and Fire" and "Hogar". I'd also like pretty aprons (I like to cook... A lot), and I love love love the ASoIaF books. I'd also like one of the hoops I have pinned. But of course, you can draw inspiration from any board.

To make things a bit easier, here are my top wishes for this month:

• Half hard wire in silver, copper or bronze (could be round or square, in gauges 18-24)
  • Pretty charms, findings and crystals
  • A plier stand
  • Cascade Eco wool in Latte, Mocha, Tarnish or Gun Metal. Two of my closest friends are getting married next year (to each other! Isn't that amazing!?), and I want to get started on a Hemlock Ring Blanket for them, so I need 2 skeins, but any amount would be just awesome <3
  • Hoops for my future hoop wall ^.^
  • An organizer bag like the ones in my "Craftiness" board

Of course, feel free to choose anything else on my Pinterest boards! Cheesy

My Pinterest URL is http://pinterest.com/lillyanka/

Thanks to anyone who claims me. I have become addicted to this swap because you guys have all been so amazing. <3
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013 09:10:10 AM by lillyanka » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/lillyanka/

Blog: http://www.diariodeunagourmande.com

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lillyanka/

Currently on my second read of George RR Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" series.
"You know nothing, Jon Snow."
phoenixfiredesigns
~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013 12:52:07 PM »

This is my first time doing the Pinterest swap, but I'm a long-time vetren of the Ongoing Wish Swap and swaps in general. Cheesy

About Me
35 year old woman who lives in Florida (USA) with my guy and two cats. Finally healthy after major surgery October 5th 2011. Engaged as of 12/25/11! (But I had tons of medical bills to pay off so still no date yet. Soon I hope!) Grin

• My favorite colors are jewel tones (like amethyst purple, emerald green, ruby red, sapphire blue, turquoise, and amber) or earth tones (like greens/browns together).
  • My favorite color combination is a deep teal blue and chocolate brown together. It makes me happy.
  • My favorite colors for shirts/clothes are browns, greens, purples, and both heather and charcoal greys.
  • I also love things that go along with my "PhoenixFire" theme like reds/oranges/yellows together (and of course anything with a Phoenix!)
  • I like silver but not really gold. (Copper's ok too.)
  • My favorite animals are cats, owls, penguins, bats and red foxes.
  • My favorite flower is the Daffodil.
  • My favorite fruit is pineapple. (But I hate coconut.) Anything straight pineapple scented/flavored is always appreciated!
  • My favorite movie is Back to the Future
  • My favorite hobbies include: reading, photography and I love all things Disney! (I'm about an hour away from Walt Disney World and an Annual Passholder!)

ALLERGIES
I suffer from migraines so please NOTHING musk/amber/patchouli/dragon's blood or floral scented. Unless it smells like you can eat it, it will give me a migraine. I LOVE fruit and dessert scents greatly though. Also, please no bar soaps (skin is sensitive to glycerin) and nothing with artificial sweeteners like NutraSweet (aspartame) or Splenda (sucralose) as I'm allergic to both.

My Pinterest is here: http://pinterest.com/missmturner
Just about anything is fair game on there. The "Received" board obviously I don't need, the "PhoenixFireDesigns Jewlery" is stuff I made, and the "BzzAgent" is for product tests I've done so please ignore that.

Things I'd like the most?
- DSLR camera strap
- Embellished fitted tees of some kind
- Any kind of ceramics/pottery
- Accessories for a steampunk outfit I'm just trying to put together. (goggles, top hat, cuffs, etc.)

But there are many more things there too that I like and want! There's all kinds of inspiration and examples of style too to help. Thanks in advance for picking me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
Koreena

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013 04:27:30 AM »

Hello everyone Smiley I am also completely addicted to the Pinterest swaps Smiley

My name is Koreen and I live near Niagara Falls, Ontario. **I have an American PO box for swapping with people in the USA**

I am mom to a giant boy who has just come to school at the university where I work.  My job is to provide "cultural activities" for students who have come to Canada to learn English & it suits my absolute love of learning about other cultures perfectly.

My current obsessions include playing roller derby (go Niagara Roller Girls!), all things crafty, spending time with family & friends, and relaxing with a good book or movie when I have some spare time.

I am allergic to dust, mold & cigarette smoke, but don't think that those things should really affect what I receive...  I don't have any pets at home, but often spend time/craft at my SO's house and he has a cat.

All boards on my pinterest are fair game and supplies are great   Boards that will probably be easiest to claim from are: "I want these things. Bad", "Decor Ideas", "Things I want to make (or have made) for me", "Crafty Supplies I need" and "Jewelry".

I love blues above all but like most colours except for pastels and neons.  I love bracelets, earrings & long necklaces and silver is my preferred metal...  Hand stamped charms are amazing, if you ask me. I love trees, words & quotes, birds, books, silver, retro/pin-up images...  There's really not much I don't love.

I guess that's enough about me for now!  Questions about sizing or specifics for projects are welcome... and some month soon I'll write a new intro Wink

Have a great day everyone!
 K>
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kittyvettech
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013 01:21:56 PM »

Hello again everyone!
I am now officially addicted to the Pinterest Swaps lol.
I live in Michigan with my hubby, 6 year old crafty daughter and a ton of animals (I am a vet tech). I'm not picky. You can use any of my boards and they don't have to replicas. Feel free to use them as inspiration. Also I don't mind if you craft for my daughter or husband (they would love it).
I like skulls, cats, nature. My favorite colors are shades of blue or pink with brown. My kitchen is skulls, living room in trees, daughters room is little mermaid and my honey loves snakes/forest/camo.
That is all I can think of so if you have any questions please let me know. Can't wait to swap!
Tracy
http://pinterest.com/kittievettech/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gamemom42

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013 09:11:27 PM »

Hi again everyone!  I'm  Teresa and I'm too lazy to go find last month's bio so I'll just write a new one.  I am a native Georgian (we're a rare breed nowadays) and I live a little north of Atlanta.  I'm married to my sweet husband of 32 years and have three grown kids (1 stepson/34 and 2 daughters 26 and 24).  We have a little pretend farm with one cow named Mary (we rescued her from an abusive mom when she was 4 days old and now she's a spoiled bovine of 17), one miniature donkey who thinks he's all that, and two pygmy goats named Jack and Jill.  I am the queen of the crazy cat ladies and have between 5 and 12 kitties most of the time.  Right now we have an unintentional dog because our neighbors' dog has decided he would rather live with us than with his family.  I'm not a dog person so I'm trying not to love him but I'm losing that battle in the worst way.

I will turn 50 in June and my goal in life right now is to organize my home and myself before that big day in June.  I am being very intentional about what I bring into my home so many of the things on my Pinterest boards are for other people.  Please do not claim me for a surprise.  If I know what you're claiming for, I can let you know specifics such as color, size, any allergies of that particular recipient... you get the picture.

I would love anything from any of my "Crafty Wishes" boards.  There are three of them and they are divided by medium (fabric, yarn, this and that).

I would also be thrilled to recieve anything off of my "Pincushions I Want" board.  If you claim from that board, it's not necessary to tell me which pincushion you're planning to make.  All of those are for me and anything goes.  It makes no difference to me whether you make an exact replica of a pincushion or just use the board for inspiration.

My "bags, purses, and wallets" (I think that's what it's called anyway) board is chock full of things I want as well.  

I have a board called "I want that" that is filled with things that I would love to own.  This is not a craft or DIY board but if you find something on that board that inspires you to craft for me that would be wonderful.  Please claim for something specific rather than a surprise on this board.

If you find anything on any other board that you want to make for me, please run it by me (but chances are it's something I want and would be so excited to have made for me).  

Thanks in advance for claiming me!

My Pinterest link :              http://pinterest.com/teresagr/
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013 12:53:05 PM by gamemom42 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

AmandaBL
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013 03:22:30 PM »

Hi there. I'm Amanda. I'm 35 years old, mom to 3 boys, a dog, a cat, a fish & a turtle. I also live near Tampa! I'm a stylist in the day time & at night (well, all the time) I try to keep a house of 3 adults and the aforementioned children fed & running smoothly.

Avoid the "to make" boards please, but most anything can be used for inspiration to duplicate or as a jumping off point.  Home, polymer & want have the things I'd most like to get.

http://www.pintrest.com/amandalakes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
plaidpineapple
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2013 10:46:33 AM »

Hello, I am Sandra.  I live in Utah with my 3 children, husband and 2 cats. We have No allergies.
 Dislikes neutral colors and orange as the main color

Favorite Colors Favorite Colors pink, yellow, black, white, yellow, jewel tones, periwinkle, lots more.  I have a very large pinterest that can give lots of ideas about colors and styles.
Favorite scents? All Fruit and floral smells. Do not like musk, patchouli scents.

I have lots of boards, many are boards I am planning to make.  Please use the "swappies" , "pretty pretty", "other holidays and birthdays ", "Easter swap ideas for me" as inspiration for items.  They do not need to be exact duplicates. Thanks!
http://pinterest.com/plaidpineapple/

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
African American Hair Care Tips
How to Assess Thinning Hair
How to Fix Dull Hair Color
How to Make Voluminous Hair Last All Day
How To Get Silky, Straight Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...