A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,708
Currently Running With Scissors:
722 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crochet Poncho / Skirt - Rainbow Granny Stripes With Go Crochet Motifs And Doili  (Read 1880 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

babukatorium
« on: February 01, 2013 07:31:37 AM »

When Laurinda Reddig asked me to write a review for Her friend's new crochet book my first answer was: You want ME DOING WHAT?! It's like asking a illiterate to say something about Romeo and Juliet. Yes, I can see it in the theatre and tell You what I liked about it, but my opinion is based on how the actors played, how the director wanted me to see it... But not about the book. I still have difficults to read patterns, so I explained to Ellen Gormley that the best thing I was able to do is starting to create from Her new book, Go Crochet! Afghan Design Workbook and She accepted!!! @;) All the patterns have scemes too and great photographs, it was easy to follow them and a pleasure to work with!

So here I go with my first Go Crochet project, a retro poncho that can be used as a skirt too. Bright rainbow granny stripes base with Go Crochet motifs used as appliques and two bigger doilies all decorated with colorful buttons in different shapes: circles, rectangle, star, flower, bow... Just because it's fun! XD

http://www.flickr.com/photos/babukatorium/8434715299
THIS ROCKS   Logged

EarthboundMisfit

Oh ice-cream eyes.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013 07:46:50 AM »

I love this, I would so wear one of these! I'm a bit envious of people who can crochet, I recently decided to try to teach myself how, and it's not going so well haha.. I thought because I've been knitting for years it'd be easy, but no.  This is really cool Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

babukatorium
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013 07:51:20 AM »

I love this, I would so wear one of these! I'm a bit envious of people who can crochet, I recently decided to try to teach myself how, and it's not going so well haha.. I thought because I've been knitting for years it'd be easy, but no.  This is really cool Smiley
Thank You very much!!!  Kiss On You Tube there are a lot of videos that teach You the stitches, trust me, it's easier than it seems! ... I can understand You, knitting is difficult for me as I started with crochet, but I have some Friends who are making miracles with both needles and hooks, so we can hope!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

catiyana
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013 09:40:21 AM »

I agree this is an awsome piece that I would wear this as a skirt or poncho. I like to wear colorful and this is just awesome. I also can't crochet yet, I am learning and I can do the first row Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
veggiechef
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013 06:15:52 PM »

Did somebody say Rainbows?Huh?  OMG I am in love with this project.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BE the change you wish to see in the world-Gandhi
babukatorium
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013 12:20:03 PM »

I agree this is an awsome piece that I would wear this as a skirt or poncho. I like to wear colorful and this is just awesome. I also can't crochet yet, I am learning and I can do the first row Tongue
Grin Than You already know the most important thing in crochet! I hope You'll enjoy Your travelling! <3

Thank You very much veggiechef!!!  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crying Goddess
Rocking CraftAngel

Every girl is her own goddess

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013 01:34:21 PM »

I love the way it looks has a skirt! Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Quote from: kjlutz
Craftster: Lovingly Breaking up Families in the name of Craft since Challenge 50

Please vote for my Redstone torch for challenge 96:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431999.0#axzz2vJFPpJwN
mandykaye
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2013 12:37:45 AM »

I would totally rock this look either way lol! Love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

babukatorium
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013 01:37:51 AM »

Thank You both Crying Goddess and mandykaye!  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Watertown School Cooking Visit
Discovering Limburger Cheese
Watertown South Dakota County Fair
The Relish Cooking Show Watertown
Different Nut Butter Spreads
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...