A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 300,953
Currently Running With Scissors:
651 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anxiety  (Read 599 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

EchoLin
« on: January 31, 2013 10:49:52 PM »

I feel anxiety, because these days, I have no inspiration about crafts, I donít want to sew anything, or make any necklace, in the past, I feel Iím happy when I make these things, but now, I hate them, even have an impulse to threw all of the tools away. Did you ever suffering this case? How do you get rid of it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafts make me happy
LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Sublime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013 09:07:36 AM »

Sorry, EchoLin. That's not a fun feeling Sad. I've been in crafty ruts too where I feel uninspired and bored. Usually anything I try to force myself to make during these times doesn't turn out well and I don't enjoy the process. I've found the best thing to do is just step away for a while. Take a break from your tools and supplies and online crafty stuff. Focus on other hobbies or just let your brain veg out for a while Smiley. Usually within a week or so of doing this, some idea hits me when I least expect it and I'm back in crafty business!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BelleBeryl
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013 03:35:23 AM »

maybe take a time out from crafts and go do something else
take a day to go somewhere or go to a park for a walk some fresh air to clear your head
get some extra sleep being tired is no good for your creativity
get into something totally new and forget for a time the usual things you craft
visit a museum or an art gallery just to look at things
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alexus1325
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013 09:16:54 AM »

Anxiety sucks! As a long-time anxiety sufferer, I've found crafts have helped keep me sane, especially ones where creativity and eccentricity are useful "tools."

Maybe have a go at abstract painting, or glue stuff to other stuff, or try out scrappy textile art, depending on where your strengths or interests lie. Anything organic and/or free-form that doesn't really require pre-planning might be just the thing you need. That way your creative juices can come out however they please. For example, I started an art journal last year, and there's not a lot of pages in it. It seems I only add to it when I'm feeling REALLY whacked out.

Sometimes, I wander around town taking pictures. I have a fondness for photographing garbage. Seeing beauty in filth is inspiring to me. Like rain drops glistening on a discarded water bottle, or sunrise over a shopping cart full of cardboard, or a lone work glove in the middle of the road on a foggy day... Yes, all photos I've taken!

Regardless, sending along my best wishes and good vibes that you get your mojo back and feel better soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Listessa
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Summertime Slacker Crafter

Buried in Beads!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013 11:14:52 PM »

I do simple stuff, like reorganizing my craft items, or even just going through everything.  Sometimes ideas come to mind as you touch everything again. 
Otherwise, I surf around a lot here and on different places like pinterest to get ideas.  Sometimes even a really simple basic project, like making a birthday card can help get the creative juices flowing again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to de-stash cross stitch magazines, particularly Cross Stitch Gold or New Stitches?  Please drop me a line!  I'd love to swap or buy some missing from my library!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Must Have Boots For Fall
Threads | T.I. Talks Clothing Line Akoo and Introduces Woman Line
Vivienne Westwood Gold Label - Paris Spring 2014 - Interviews & Runway
The 5 Must-Have Boots For Fall
How to Look Taller Instantly
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...