A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October News Announcement: Crafting your Halloween costume this year?  Enter it for a chance to win prizes!  Read the spooktacular details here.
Total Members: 308,422
Currently Running With Scissors:
408 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 15 minute no- hem leggings  (Read 1325 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: January 31, 2013 04:22:22 PM »

Princess had a growth spurt and her leggings are too short now. 5T fits her waist but is Capri length, 6T is long enough but baggy.
So I decided to sew some up, seriously the easiest thing you can sew.
You need about 1/3 of a yard of cotton/lycra, and a pair of leggings that fit. Thats it.
 Fold the leggings in half inside out (for seam allowance)
 Fold the fabric enough that the leggings fit , lay the leggings with the inseam away from the fold.
Cut out 2 of these, sew up the inseam on each piece. Then match up the seam on the rise and sew both pieces together. Then you're done!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013 10:30:54 AM by frankeknitter » THIS ROCKS   Logged
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013 10:23:57 PM »

"Simple" is always a great idea!   I guess Princess will have a ton of new leggins now  Grin  I'm going to have to give that  try for my granddaughter - thanks for the little tutorial  Cool

Got this piece of shrinky dink ... had it for 25 years now.  It's moved to five states and one European country ... and I just know, someday ... SOMEDAY ... I WILL use it!
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013 07:38:08 PM »

Love it!  So quick and easy - might have to do this for my dd before she grows out of all her leggings that fit!

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013 07:13:16 AM »

My stepdaughter is growing out of all of her leggings and she will be starting school this year.. this is perfect. Thanks for your tute  it has really saved me as I have tried to wing it and it didn't turn out right.. lol. .. and I love your zebra print! my first try was zebra print but not the same fabric. Great Job!! and I look forward to making some (=
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Roasted Acorn Squash Gnocchi
@Home This Weekend: Mermaid Tail Blanket
October 19, 2016 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...