A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,163
Currently Running With Scissors:
463 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A call to arms! (terrible pun warning)  (Read 1574 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ChainCrafts
Archaic Artisan

The Nyckelharpa is a lovely, strange beast!

View Profile WWW
« on: January 29, 2013 06:42:40 AM »

http://thingiverse-production.s3.amazonaws.com/renders/ed/79/be/ac/d9/Liams_Robohand_preview_featured.jpg [Edited to remove broken image insert]

First off, I apologize for the horrendous pun. My buddy Rich and I often can't help ourselves with hand/arm jokes as we create these devices. Rich is a finger amputee, and he often tells me that he's "short handed".

With that taken care of, please let me introduce you folks to our little friend, Liam, and his "Robohand":
Rich and I designed and fabricated Liam's robohand in our garages on opposite sides of the world. His device is part of our open-source prosthetics project and was received by Liam at no cost to his family.

http://thingiverse-production.s3.amazonaws.com/renders/bf/c1/17/29/a0/Liam_with_new_hand_preview_featured.jpg [Edited to remove broken image insert]

I'm coming here to the Crafting For Good board to see if you folks can help us with something? Now that we have a completed device, we need help in making it easier for people like Liam to find us so that we can adapt this technology for use by others in need.

http://thingiverse-production.s3.amazonaws.com/renders/07/18/91/88/b1/Liam_shopping_cart_preview_featured.jpg [Edited to remove broken image insert]

Anyone can help by sharing information about our project on social media sites they are members of. The more the project is shared, the higher the chances become of a person in need of a "helping hand" Wink hearing about us. Moderators, please let me know if this request is in any way out-of-line and I will happily modify or remove it Smiley I didn't come across anything in the policies.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013 05:22:56 PM by sweets4ever - Reason: Edited to remove broken image insert » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mermonster
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013 09:25:24 AM »

I don't have any ideas but just wanted to say what an awesome and fantastic thing you guys are doing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

But if the time-locks broken, then everything is coming through, not just the Daleks, but the Skaro Degradations, the Horde of Travesties, the Nightmare Child, the Could-Have-Been king with his army of meanwhile and never-weres, the war turning to hell.  ~The Doctor
lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013 10:30:58 AM »

Will share on FB
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
Diesels_Mom
Please refrain from frying bacon naked.

Mango Tango Scented Love Machine

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013 11:20:24 AM »

Do you have a fb page?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/dieselsmom

* I Love personal swaps! *

"A dog is not almost-human, and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such." - John Holmes
wendiek

Creativity is a gift! Wrap it up and give it away.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013 01:12:58 PM »

I shared this on FB. I'm Dutch but wrote it in English.

Love this, you rock for inventing, making, spreading this!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RuneAriala
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013 05:47:31 PM »

Do you have a Facebook page or website?  Somewhere for someone to contact you about your projects?  I'd love to share with my friends.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Helcura

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013 11:21:28 PM »

This is unbelievably cool.  You guys are great! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dulcet

hopscotch on bubble-wrap

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013 07:37:17 PM »

My teenage son just asked me what the coolest thing is that I've seen on craftster.  So I showed him this.  He agreed.

And I figure the easiest way to get your project to go viral is to start with a teenager....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scholars and artists...differ most importantly in the way their knowledge is come by.  Scholars get theirs with conscientious thoroughness along projected lines of logic; poets...stick to nothing deliberately, but let what will stick to them like burrs where they walk in the fields.
  -Robert Frost
dianimal
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2013 06:42:31 PM »

maybe have the family take a short video or collage of pics and post on youtube with your contact info. that could really get word out, especially with a few "action shots"
best of luck, you have done a really good thing for that little guy
 Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet Author Jodi Picoult
Lisa Lutz Reveals Her Motto
Lisa Lampanelli Bares All
Stephen McCauley Talks About Insignificant Others
Brendan McNally Reveals His Best Quality
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...