A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 300,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
365 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Help! Trying to make Rei Ayanami Plugsuit... And failing T_T  (Read 2347 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

JudokaLilly
« on: January 29, 2013 01:22:26 AM »

Hey everyone! I'm new to craftster (though I've lurked for years lol!) and I need help! :c This is the cosplay that I'm trying to make:

It's Rei Ayanami's plugsuit from Neon Genesis Evangelion for those of you who are anime fans. Basically, I've got the bottom half done, but I have NO IDEA how to do the top! Here's what I've got so far...

Obviously I still need to add all the details to the pants. The bra part I have there has got to go. It's just not working for me. The bottom is a pair of pants (which still need to be taken in a bit more in order to make them skin tight) which I made out of the vinyl material. the torso is basically a 'bathing suit' that I made of the same material and am wearing over top of the pants. The shirt is a black rash guard that I used for judo for a while, but now it's too tight and no longer comfortable for throwing people. It works great for this, though! The reason I'm standing so funny is because I need to hold the back together since I didn't want to put the zipper in until I figured out what I was doing with the rest of the garment lol.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do the bra and arms part? The rest I think I can pretty much figure out. It's just the top that I'm stumped on. I'm happy to read and try any tutorials you may suggest! I am OK with the arms being a separate piece as well, since there is a version of this costume where she has no arms:

The con is in 2 weeks... I don't know if I'll be able to finish the whole costume by then, but I'd really like to try to at least get the bandaged version done for this con and then finish the arms and extra bits for the next con (in March). Thanks for any comments in advance ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RahRahCreations
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013 04:49:25 AM »

I know this is too late, and probably irrelevant now, but are you making it out of stretch PVC? It looks like what you've made just has no give to it, and you'll never make a comfortable and fitting costume...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JudokaLilly
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013 08:57:44 AM »

Thanks for the response anyway ^_^ I found out too late that the stuff I needed for this was, like you suggested, stretch PVC. This stuff has a LITTLE give to it, but not much. What I came up with wasn't perfect, but it worked ok. It wasn't extra comfy, but it was far from the least comfy costume I've worn :3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hair at Betsey Johnson - Fashion Week NY Fall 2010
Hair Style at DKNY - Fashion Week NY Fall 2010
How to Put in Hair Extensions at Home
How to Rejuvenate Your Hair
Do Scissors Need to Be Sharpened for a Haircut
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...