A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,454
Currently Running With Scissors:
557 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WWP Round 41 - Imbolc Wall Art Gallery  (Read 5174 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Spidersweb
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2013 04:16:59 PM »

Thesillyseemstress is dealing with some stuff right now, so I'm going to post for her.  She needs our positive energy, y'all!

Here is what I made her:

What I made: WWP Imbolc 2013 Swap by Spidersweb, on Flickr

I'm afraid this was the last picture I took, and the glitter was not 100% dry yet, but I really liked the juxtaposition of burlap with soft, shiny thread, glitter, and jewels.

I picked Kali because Thesillyseemstress said she was very much into Her and Kwan Lin.  I haven't worked with Kali much before, but I really responded to the research and crafting this!  Bright Blessings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/Spidersweb  (it's only a little filled out!)

In-Search-Of:
-> Stride "Sweet Cinnamon" If you have it in your area, will you PM me?  My mother loves it, and we can NEVER find it in our stores here.  Will negotiate for some!
Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2013 04:30:44 PM »

Witchhippie, I'm so glad you caught the "poultry" reference in the background newspapers! I decided to do a painting that was more Saint Brigid than the Celtic goddess. Really there's not much difference between the two - the Christian church simply adopted the local worship of Brigid in its entirety and created a hagiography to accommodate it. I realized after I'd sent the painting away, though, that I'd forgotten to include one of my favourite aspects of St. Brigid, which is that she was described as having "a pillar of flame" rising from her head. Combined with the animals, the cauldron of fire, her cloak of healing - nothing Pagan about it. ("Move along now - nothing to see here!")

The labyrinth patch is the cover of a felt needlebook. (And idea I got from someone here on Facebook a few years ago. I've forgotten who, but I've made a few of them since then.) The triangular charm bag is the one I wrote about in the Craftster Coven post.

I'm just finishing taking photos of my package from Witchhippie, and I'll post them this evening. Please stand by.

Wulf

PS:  I love your Kali embroidery, Spidersweb!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2013 05:51:11 PM »

Here's what I received from Witchhippie yesterday:

The wooden slab plaque is woodburned then painted. I love the design and the bright colours! I'm not sure if you can see clearly enough, but there's an eye burned into the wand, and  designs at the base and tip. It feels great to hold it. Do you know what kind of wood it is?

And I was delighted to get Gerina Dunwich's "Wicca Spell Book" even though I already own a copy, because now I can give it to someone else. It's a favourite of mine (even though it's badly named - more than just a book of spells!)

Thanks for these, Witchhippie! It's been great being your partner twice at the same time!

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spazgirl1981

Betsy Snow White

I took up croquet today and I'm on fire!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2013 06:50:05 PM »

This swap is full of so much awesome. I love so many of the pieces here. I can't even name them all.

I received today and I love every bit. whileitsraining made me some fabulous pieces. I am going to wait and take pictures when the light is better, but it may take me a day or two. The photos I took tonight do not do it justice.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

whileitsraining
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2013 06:34:26 AM »

I will take a look at mine and see how they came out lol

Facebook is in an uproar right now over the USPS.  Apparently starting in August no more letter mail deliveries on Saturdays.  Only packages! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Clear a space to make a mess!
http://www.wists.com/whileitsraining
phnxreign99

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2013 07:52:02 AM »

Everyone has had such great ideas!  I don't know why my brain was so stuck on painting/drawing (which I totally suck at!)  As always, you guys blow me away  Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Got this piece of shrinky dink ... had it for 25 years now.  It's moved to five states and one European country ... and I just know, someday ... SOMEDAY ... I WILL use it!
thesillyseemstress
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2013 04:11:43 PM »

Thanks Spidersweb for posting pictures for me. Its been a rough past 2 weeks. I love my kali wall hang.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Witchhippie
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2013 05:05:44 PM »

Wulf, the wand is make from a sweet gum tree.

Sorry, I sent you a book you already had.  Undecided

I have a friend who had a lot of books and gave them to me. I learn better from hands on, so I don't feel I need a lt of book.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/JW32
http://pinterest.com/witchhippie/

There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened. - Mary Kay Ash
Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2013 04:43:20 PM »

Sweet gum! I'm so glad it was from a tree that we don't have here - it would have been a let-down if it'd turned out to be cottonwood or something like that!

And you guys still get Saturday mail delivery in the US? Ours stopped decades ago.

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spazgirl1981

Betsy Snow White

I took up croquet today and I'm on fire!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2013 05:54:11 PM »

Okay...I am just going to post my pictures, and hope you can see the awesome. Since my pics are usually huge it shouldn't be a problem. whileitsraining sent me 4 great pieces.

The first thing I pulled from the box was a beautiful, big brigid's cross.

And this fabulous pentagram piece.

Then inside a little package I found
An elemental mirror

And this fabulous little canvas.

Here is another look at the Brigid's cross and mirror on my altar.

I love it all. Thank you so much!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Shadow Puppets With Your Hand
How to Create a Giraffe Sock Puppet
How to Create a Puppet Theater
How to Create a Monkey Puppet
How to Make a Rug Out of Scrap Fabric
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...