A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 298,054
Currently Running With Scissors:
752 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Kids Valentines Swap  (Read 4731 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

leighi123

The Little Sewing Shop

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: January 28, 2013 09:34:42 AM »

Gallery for the kids Valentine Swap!!! 

Partners:

Lizabiz08 (Gavin)  sends to r.forslund (Jae)
r.forslund (Jae) sends to szuzu1969 (Phoebe)
szuzu1969 (Phoebe,) sends to Lizabiz08 (Gavin)

szuzu1969 (Polly) sends to r.forslund (Mia)  
r.forslund (Mia) sends to szuzu1969 (Polly)

mom2em (Emma) sends to deathbeforedishes (Madelyn)
deathbeforedishes (Madelyn) sends to Momof2! (Anna,)
Momof2! (Anna) sends to mom2em (Emma)

patty_o_furniture (Sariah) sends to  pinkmichk (Molly)
pinkmichk (Molly) sends to patty_o_furniture (Sariah)

leighi123 (Levi) sends to plaidpineapple (Brian)
plaidpineapple (Brian) sends to leighi123 (Levi)

deathbeforedishes (Katelyn) sends to szuzu1969 (Paige)
szuzu1969 (Paige)  sends to deathbeforedishes (Katelyn)

RhymeswOrange (Peri) sends to jenleahlynn (Lori)
jenleahlynn (Lori) sends to RhymeswOrange (Peri)

plaidpineapple (Lindsey) sends to Makaylalee (Kierra)
Makaylalee (Kierra) sends to plaidpineapple (Lindsey)

patty_o_furniture (Afton) sends to jenleahlynn (Leah)
jenleahlynn (Leah) sends to patty_o_furniture (Afton)

« Last Edit: January 28, 2013 09:36:31 AM by leighi123 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
plaidpineapple
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013 04:06:49 PM »

My daughter received such a fabulous package from Makaylalee and her daughter.
first up-  she packaged and wrapped everything including the mailing box.  My daughter was so excited to see the big gold box on the doorstop.  She sent lots of extra goodies including necklaces, stamps,chocolates and guitar picks which my daughter Loves- they are very "her style".  She had received a guitar for Christmas but had no picks.  The valentine Makaylalee's daughter made is darling.  My daughter was very impressed with the drawing inside.

Her daughter also made this wonderful jewelry set.  Earrings, necklace and a Ring.  Gorgeous Work!  What a talented crafter!

Then Makaylalee made this zipper pouch for my daughter-  She adores it, and it was so funny-  She said in an excited voice "And she even spelled my name right!" People often misspell her name, and she thought it was amazing it was spelled correctly, lol.  She has already proclaimed she will be storing her class reward "money"  collection in it.

When Lindsey unwrapped the gloves there was much ooing and aahing.  These fingerless corset gloves are a perfect fit.  The stripes are perfect, I took 2 pics to show how perfect.  Great detail and Lindsey has been wearing them since they arrived.

Thank You so Much for such a great swap!  You and your daughter are very talented and the items you both crafted are perfect!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lizabiz08
KniftyKnitterChick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013 07:15:12 AM »

The jewelry looks great. She is an awesome crafter.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wife to 1 (8/26/12)
Mama to 1 boy (3/6/11) and 3 fur children (01/05/10), adopted (3/18/13) and adopted (8/4/13)

~Current Swaps~
deathbeforedishes
Embroidery Addict

She believed she could, so she did.

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013 07:48:46 AM »

Oh wow!  That is such a wonderful package! That jewelry is awesome.  Those gloves are just too cool. That package was the perfect start to this gallery.  Cheesy I can't wait to see more!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/leilaninaomi/

5/50 2014 Projects
53/50 2013 Projects (woohoo!!!)
I do personal swaps!
Cheesy
Makaylalee
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013 12:26:34 PM »

We got our package from plaidpineaplle yesterday!  My daughter was so excited to see it when she got home.  She absolutely loves everything in it. On to the pics!

Group shot, including 3 pretty valentine drawstring bags everything came packed in.

Plaidpineapples daughter made this beautiful necklace.  She did such a great job on it, we love it!

She also handmade this card (with a nice note about herself inside), and sent along a little Webkins so my daughter can play online. She played some yesterday and really likes it.

Last, but not least, is this awesome jewelry organizer and a small pouch for earbuds or coins.

And a shot of the inside of the organizer, so you all can see how brilliant this thing is.  Even has a little mesh flap for earrings, and all kinds of cool pockets. Smiley

Thanks again for everything! Was such a fun swap. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkmichk
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013 02:11:47 AM »

what fab things already recieved  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Am always up for personal swaps -send me a message

pinterest - http://pinterest.com/shellfullerton/
RhymeswOrange
please excuse her for the day, its just the way the medication makes her...

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013 04:06:26 AM »

Love the packages.  Peri and I can't wait to finish and get our package mailed out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I think my cat is sending me subliminal messages...
deathbeforedishes
Embroidery Addict

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013 06:45:37 PM »

Madelyn received from Emma!

She received a bag with a cute heart design, a box of chocolates, cute little button hair ties, a butterfly hair clip holder with a Hello Kitty clip and flower clip, and a sheet of heart stickers.

Thank you! Madelyn loves everything!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013 12:46:24 PM by deathbeforedishes » THIS ROCKS   Logged

5/50 2014 Projects
I do personal swaps!
Cheesy
Makaylalee
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013 07:10:24 PM »

That's such a great package! Everything is fantastic, and I especially love that hello kitty clip!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkmichk

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013 03:51:14 AM »

we recieved this morning
Molly got a fab hair clip organiser with loads of pretty clips on (her fav are the princess ones)

tic tac toe game box Smiley

sweets, bracelets & a rubber

& her card

thank you so much  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lizabiz08
KniftyKnitterChick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013 11:35:05 AM »

Woo. My partners package is out for delivery. I hope they like what Gavin and I made. I know he had fun making it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wife to 1 (8/26/12)
Mama to 1 boy (3/6/11) and 3 fur children (01/05/10), adopted (3/18/13) and adopted (8/4/13)

~Current Swaps~
Momof2!
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2013 04:18:00 PM »

Everything is so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Momof2!
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2013 05:10:09 PM »

We received a wonderful package today from deathbeforedishes and her daughter, Madelyn. Madelyn made her this adorable blinged out A, which she promptly made me hang on her door. It's so her!! They also made her an extra cute scarf that is purple with pink flowers on the end (purple and pink are Anna's favorite colors), and the cutest little fish hair thingy. Plus, some goodies!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
mom2em
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2013 05:33:19 PM »

Emma recieved today from Momof2 (and Anna).

Peg people--these are so cute and Emma's already been playing w/them
Heart washcloths
Dog (her favorite animal) stickers, chocolates (we all enjoyed these lol), glow sticks
and the card

Emma loves everything!  Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Christine~
Proud SAHM to Emma (11/14/07) and Abigail (6/16/11).
http://www.etsy.com/people/mom2em/favorites?ref=pr_faves
http://pinterest.com/mom2em/
Lizabiz08
KniftyKnitterChick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2013 08:02:41 PM »

Everything is adorable. We are leaving Sunday for vacation. So if our package comes while we're away we'll post when we get home. I can't wait to see what else is added to the gallery when I get home. There's some talented kiddos.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wife to 1 (8/26/12)

~Current Swaps~
jenleahlynn
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2013 09:49:27 AM »

My daughter recieved from rymeswithorange, and she was thrilled. my daughter and hers are both big harry potter fans,
 so the packages leaned in that direction.

her most wanted suggestion was a potions cabinet like she had seen on pinterest, and they really delivered!
[
leah took pictures with the ipod, i will have to take better ones later with my camera. the wood shadow box is really nicely made, and it is filled with tiny bottles filled with glitter and beads with aged labels. there is also a broom, a cauldron, and some books

there was also a gold braclet with golden snitches
and for extras a ball toy, and some candy. leah was thrilled with her package.
Shocked Shocked

[/quote]
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013 05:24:00 PM by jenleahlynn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn
-i love to try new crafts, and learn new techniques. my strength is color pencils, but i also scrapbook, stitch, crochet, bead, any excuse to head to the craft store!

harry potter craft along
teesha moore patch swap
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013 01:54:29 PM »

Afton received from Leah and she was wow'ed, loved everything.

She got a large heart valentine with Harry Potter pictures right on it, lots of candy, and tootsie rolls are her favorite!  She got a lovely covered journal/spell book and there are a list of spells inside.  I know my daughter will love to look back on this as she's playing. 

She also got a fun beaded bracelet that has the cutest little owl charm.  She just adores a necklace that looks like a time turner and a beautifully sewn circle bag.  She said that she's going to use those if she dresses up like Hermione for Halloween again this year. (I had to study the circle bag for a minute, I love the construction and I want one!) 

And she got a great tote bag that has lots of quotes on it. 

She loves everything!  Thanks so much jenleahlynn!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

deathbeforedishes
Embroidery Addict

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2013 05:32:05 PM »

We received from szuzu1969 and Paige!

Katelyn LOVES everything.

She is a big fan of gum, so the gumball machine just tickled her pink!  She loved that she could read the letter from Paige on her own and she loves the heart warmer.  Everything was so nice, thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

5/50 2014 Projects
I do personal swaps!
Cheesy
jenleahlynn
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2013 06:47:33 PM »

i'm so glad she likes it. i used an online tutorial for the jewelry pouch

sew4home.com/projects/storage-solutions/travel-accessories-8-pocket-jewelry-pouch

it includes a printable pattern, but i wished i had made the outer circle a little bigger.also if i had sewn the smaller circle to the larger circle before attatching the 2 larger circles to each other so the stitching doesn't show through to the outside

i had showed my kids the harry potter castle when i saw it posted the other night. i . didn't realize until today that it was yours. you have been very busy Smiley
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013 06:09:36 AM by jenleahlynn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn
-i love to try new crafts, and learn new techniques. my strength is color pencils, but i also scrapbook, stitch, crochet, bead, any excuse to head to the craft store!

harry potter craft along
teesha moore patch swap
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
deathbeforedishes
Embroidery Addict

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2013 12:45:53 PM »

Katelyn sent to Paige and I have checked my cpu and my facebook and I haven't found a picture of everything together. I've only found a picture of what I made.

And it's not even a picture of it finished.  I will keep looking, I know I took pictures before I sent... maybe I uploaded them onto hubby's cpu... hmmm... ever feel like you are losing your mind?  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

5/50 2014 Projects
I do personal swaps!
Cheesy
jenleahlynn
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2013 05:00:18 PM »

...all the time. are the pictures on the ipod? the camera? the laptop? after my daughters birthday party i noticed the blinking message on the camera ..no memory stick.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

harry potter craft along
teesha moore patch swap
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
r.forslund
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2013 09:51:26 AM »

The kids LOVED their packages! I'll post pictures during nap time today.  Grin everything was being sent to my gma's but she fell even more ill so no one was home to receive our packages. Sorry we didn't post sooner.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Makaylalee
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2013 10:29:02 AM »

Wonderful packages so far!  All the kids have done such a great job. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

szuzu1969
PEZ Dispenser

ohhh shiny pretty happy things

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2013 10:39:05 AM »

The kids LOVED their packages! I'll post pictures during nap time today.  Grin everything was being sent to my gma's but she fell even more ill so no one was home to receive our packages. Sorry we didn't post sooner.

So sorry to hear about your grandma. I hope she is getting better. We are glad they got there and that she liked them. Seems like you have had alot going on. I hope you haven't been too stressed.

Susan
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you want something bad enough the entire universe will conspire to help you get it.
r.forslund
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2013 07:08:51 PM »

So sorry to hear about your grandma. I hope she is getting better. We are glad they got there and that she liked them. Seems like you have had alot going on. I hope you haven't been too stressed.

Susan

Thank you! Shes stable. It seems like things do go 'wrong' all at once. We came home to help her through another round of chemo. Dh is deployed so its nice being around family. We take things a day at a time and focus on the positive so no stress.  Smiley Mia carries her snack mat EVERYWHERE with her and my son helps himself to it when shes not looking. Lol. did the girls ever get their package?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lizabiz08
KniftyKnitterChick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2013 07:53:54 PM »

Everything looks great. We got back from vacation tonight and with it being President's Day tomorrow, we won't be getting our package until Tuesday. I'll post pictures then.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wife to 1 (8/26/12)

~Current Swaps~
leighi123

The Little Sewing Shop

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2013 06:26:35 PM »

Levi's package from Brian:

He has been using all of this stuff!   The shark is a pencil case, with a zippy mouth.  Levi put his colored pencils in it to take with him to do his schoolwork on the go.   The little round zip pouch he keeps a lego guy in that he likes to carry around.  And the notebook he has been using as a sketch pad, and also wrote down some dinner ideas he had.   

Thanks Brian!   

We are still trying to find out what happened to Brian's package from Levi, I've been remaking everything because the post office was no help when I contacted them.  Mailing new stuff tomorrow. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkmichk

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2013 02:51:36 AM »

our package hasn't yet arrived to our partner either Sad hoping it doesn't take too much longer to show up but I'm ready to remake should we need to
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jenleahlynn
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2013 06:12:48 PM »

Grin lori recieved her valentines package from rhymeswithorange lots of cute things. a bouquet of roses made from hershey kisses, and heart shaped box of choclates too! the sparkle tin has a bed inside made for a felt bunny, a perfect pet for her american girl doll. and a magic wand for my harry potter fan, along with a white owl ornament that looks just like hedwig.

thanks for swapping with us, the package really suited lori's personallity.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

harry potter craft along
teesha moore patch swap
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
pinkmichk

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2013 11:47:23 PM »

that little tin is too cute
THIS ROCKS   Logged

patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2013 07:18:11 AM »

Got ours from pinkmichk.  Sariah loves everything!

keychain, candies, heart balloons, sweet heart bracelet, perler bead heart, and sock monkey.

She'll be carrying that monkey around forever now!

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lizabiz08
KniftyKnitterChick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2013 07:54:08 AM »

We got all of our mail today. Gavin loves everything, especially the candy. Lol.

He got a snack mat, a rice warmer (what's the heating instructions for these), a valentine from Phoebe, glow sticks, sweethearts, chocolates, and a lollipop bouquet.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2013 07:58:31 AM by Lizabiz08 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wife to 1 (8/26/12)

~Current Swaps~
plaidpineapple
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2013 02:51:15 PM »

pinkmichk That sock monkey is So cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

szuzu1969
PEZ Dispenser

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2013 07:26:52 PM »

We received from r.forslund a few days ago and I just got my internet back and my camera up and running. So here are the pictures of items received from Mia and Jae. My girls Polly and Phoebe just adored getting the presents in the mail and are tickled with all the goodies.
Polly and Phoebe Heart Boxes filled with chocolate lips and hearts, hair accessories and bracelets for each girl.

Here is the individual hat for Polly and the baby carrier for Phoebe both have been test driven and given a stamp of approval.

And the Valentine's Jae and Mia made for the girls.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you want something bad enough the entire universe will conspire to help you get it.
szuzu1969
PEZ Dispenser

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2013 07:32:23 PM »

Also I found a couple of pictures of the crafts deathbeforedishes and Katelyn did for my daughter Paige. Their is a cute heart pencil missing and the candy, one is at school and one in her belly but she loved all of it.

A Monster High Hoopla which is on the wall of her bedroom.

The P for Paige but also works for my other girls so it is up on their wall too. And a small P to iron on a bag or jacket she has not decided. She loved the Valentine Katelyn sent and immediately sat down and wrote back to her.
I hope everyone had a great time I know we did. But I think I am swapped out for a bit. May have to wait til summer to do anymore.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jenleahlynn
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2013 12:22:42 PM »

those crochet hair bows are just adorable!, the hat is as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

harry potter craft along
teesha moore patch swap
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
r.forslund
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2013 04:17:40 PM »

Soo Happy the girls liked their box! We had so much fun crafting for them!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

plaidpineapple
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2013 09:54:05 AM »

Great items!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

plaidpineapple
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2013 08:40:15 AM »

I received my package from Leighi123 today.  Brian loves everything. As soon as he saw the Ant and minecraft art that Levi made he ran up to hang it in his room. He then insisted on helping with dinner so he could use his Apron and Chefs hat.  He is currently wearing his silly bands (they were packaged in cute snap pouches).   The pillowcase is perfect, I love the embroidered name.  Thanks
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013 06:44:50 PM by plaidpineapple » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Star Magazine’s Spring Beauty Forecast
Strong Smokey Eyes at the Nicole Miller F/W 2014 Show
The 2014 Best New Beauty Products
JD and Rebecca Discuss What You Are Probably Doing Wrong In the Shower
Top 3 Products to Stop Scars or Fade the Ones You Have
Latest Blog Articles
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...