A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
745 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Love Coupons - My ideas.  (Read 2530 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TkRainy

Everybody wants a big ol' slice of a little pie

View Profile WWW
« on: January 26, 2013 01:52:53 PM »

For Valentine's Day, I want to make my boyfriend an emroidery of one of his favorite pictures of our Hedgehog, Amiira. I need ideas of what to do with the embroidery after it's done though. I've thought of making it into a pillow, or a wall hanging, but I don't like the idea of a pillow and we aren't living in our own place and we can't put things on the walls (or let it look like we're living here at all) so it would probably end up forgotten somewhere for a long time if I made it to something to put on a wall. Is there anything else you can do with embroidery? I have done it on purses before, but he doesn't need any kind of a bag, and I can't really afford to make it into something bigger like a shirt or anything. Open to suggestions... Please help! And thanks in advance ^^

Here is the picture of her:

EDIT:

I've decided to replace the embroidery with Love Coupons! Here is a list of the coupons I'm giving him, we don't NEED any kind of sexual ones, as I'm given to be okay with whatever he feels like doing, so these are the ones I've come up with that I think he might appreciate and use. We laughed for days about all kinds of other suggestions, so this was a challenge for me to think of these:

   Sweets for my Sweetie: I will make or buy your craving ASAP when presented with this coupon.
   Ice Cream on Me: I will buy you ice cream.
   Movie and Popcorn: A movie out, all on me.
   GOOD Homemade Dinner: You must have an idea of what you want for dinner, but I will make everything except meat (Excluding sausage or bacon).
   Picnic Planned by me: When you present this coupon, I will plan out a picnic to be enjoyed wherever you wish.
   Chocolate Covered Fruit: Your choice of fruit, I will dip them all in fruit for you (excludes bigger fruit (such as watermelon) or fruits that wouldnt dip well (citrus fruits for example).
   Craft Made ASAP: Any feasible and not extremely complicated craft you want made ASAP.
   Dress me up: I will wear an outfit of your choice for up to a day (From dressing up to going to bed).
   Bonus: Your choice: Anything you can think of that Im being difficult with, go ahead and use this coupon for a realistic cooperation on my part.

The first one can be used as many times as he wants, at least until next Valentines when he will need to do something to "renew" his coupons. The rest are either 1 time uses or 3 time uses.

Also I made him a box. He will like it because of the scrapbook paper I covered it with, but he won't like it because it's in the shape of a heart. He likes old style maps. The other papers were just related.

And yes... the smaller hearts are supposed to look like pasties.

The love coupons are buried in there, as well as 2 tiny bottles of Irish Whiskey to go along with some gourmet hot chocolate I've yet to find.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013 09:58:36 PM by TkRainy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013 02:04:57 PM »

I would wrap it gently and take it with you to a home where you can hang it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
goldfishpollywog

Goldfish kisses *<><

I have Never met an unimportant person. Never.

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013 02:47:10 PM »

Maybe a hat or wallet or ID holder?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pin(trest) are mightier than the sword.

LV Tumblr - possible swap spoilers
TkRainy

Everybody wants a big ol' slice of a little pie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013 02:48:58 PM »

Hmmm... The embroidery I am thinking will be about the size as the picture is. So it would probably be to big for those. For the wall hanging, I am making this for THIS V-day so I want it to be appreciate NOW not later... You know?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

annigirl22
Kickin Ass since '89

ninja! or something like that...

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013 02:53:02 PM »

you could do it as a patch and than he could put it on a jacket or something that he likes...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Here is the test to find whether your mission on Earth is finished: if you're alive, it isn't.
-Richard Bach

feel free to stalk me:
http://pinterest.com/annigirl22/
http://wists.com/annigirl22

I <3 personal swaps, PM me! Wink
PeachieClean
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013 03:25:26 PM »

The have metal strips that hang over the top of a door and have a hook on one side.  Or you could get a magnet and glue a hook to it.  Or you could hang it on a door knob.  I've spent a LOT of time living in apartments...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My boyfriend is holding a Pokemon themed contest.  Interested?  http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.359328020778498.82645.352681428109824&type=1
LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013 03:48:56 PM »

I know it's kinda small, but my DH is an exterminator and he's received keyrings with bugs on them in the swaps I've been in.  Or, maybe you could make something for BF's car and put the embroidery on that?  Like a seatbelt cover, garbage bag, pillow for the car?

Good luck, and the photo is adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Subee
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013 04:48:26 PM »

I think I would make it into a Xmas tree ornament. Small enough to hang on a mirror or lampshade when it isn't Xmas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love nonsense - it wakes up the brain cells!

Prewitt Woods
https://www.facebook.com/PrewittWoods
lizefd
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013 06:57:42 PM »

maybe you could make a nook/ipad/ipod case/cover?  if he has one those.   whatever you make he is sure to love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SilverWing

dreamer of dreams...

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2013 08:22:29 PM »

I don't think it would be too big for a wallet, it would just cover the outside pretty much completely. Or what about a scarf? I've also seen a lot of people get those plastic drinking cups with the lids and straws that come apart so you can put photos in them, and they've put embroidery in those before. I think they make coffee mugs like that also. Last time I was at Starbuck's they even had a coffee tumbler that you could put your own pictures it that would most likely hold embroidery, too.  For that matter you could make a coaster, or set of coasters, or a mouse pad, too. Just some thoughts. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!

I <3 personal swaps!

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Maple Bacon Donuts
How to Make Chocolate Cream Filled Donuts
How to Make a Macaron Gift Box
Homemade Apple and Cinnamon Pie Recipe
How to Make Chocolate and Cherry Fondants
Latest Blog Articles
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...