A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,710
Currently Running With Scissors:
391 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft My Character Swap Gallery  (Read 9735 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Bobomom
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2013 11:28:19 AM »

Is it bad that I'm crafting all based on one character from my partner?  Embarrassed After looking at this gallery I'm afraid it won't be diverse enough!

I did this for my partner (I hope she doesn't mind Smiley) as I got a little carried away with the character.  I sent it today, so she should get it this week!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013 11:29:07 AM by Bobomom » THIS ROCKS   Logged
kyerinn
Maker of Things

"In my darkness, I make light." - kyerinn

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2013 06:09:50 PM »

Um.  This IS a 4-point swap, correct?  Because I've only made 4 points worth of stuff and it looks like everyone else has made more.

Anyway, great stuff and if there was ever a time for swap anxiety now would be it.

I'm there with you. I might end up with 5-points if I'm lucky, but some of these packages are easily more than 4 items, much less 4 points!  Shocked

Granted, they're gorgeous. It sets the bar pretty high. Eek, now I'm nervous. But I think my round robin group is going to be closer to 4 points. I think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"A man talking sense to himself is no madder than a man talking nonsense not to himself."
-Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead

Current swaps:
"Craft my Character" swap

Wist - http://www.wists.com/kyerinn
Etsy - http://www.rogueposy.com
..<3..
IsikkahJai
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

BAKA LOVE FOREVER! ^.^

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2013 12:39:16 AM »

Hmm...Now I think I know why Swap organizers will specifically request NO EXTRAS in swaps  Undecided It does make people nervous.

I'm sorry to make people nervous T^T
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Oath Keeper

Addicted to Plushies...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2013 09:18:25 AM »

I know it can make people nervous, or make them feel cheated. Which is why I always try to match up people who want to do extras and stress that partners should talk to each other about it. So what if one pair dose like, a 20 point swap and another only dose the mandatory 4 points? So long as the partners are happy, that is all that matters I think Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Wizards_Pupil
Flying solo and Free

Demons run when a good man goes to war.

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2013 05:40:03 PM »

I've Recieved!!!! And my partner has spoiled me! Unfortunately my camera has died, so I still need to get pictures of one of the objects. But, until it's fully charged, heres the rest of my booty. My characters were Pippin, Merry, Sherlock, John Watson, Arthur Pendragon, and Merlin. My partner chose to go with Pippin and Hobbit's in general. I LOVE what she did!

Tree of  Gondor sketchbook slip-cover. This is incredibly beautiful. I'm an art major so I go through a lot of sketch pads. The Tree of Gondor is one of my favorite images!

Hobbit Slippers, she made me Hobbit Feet slippers.

A really well done leaf of Lothlorien stamp. I'm curious how you managed to get the middle detail so neat. It's really well done.

Placemats with the words 'What about Elevnsies' and 'I'm ready for Second Breakfast.' Their great!

I'll post a picture of the last item later tonight Cheesy

Thank you so much for the wonderful package. I love it all. I'm in Hobbit heaven Cheesy

I'm going to try and ship yours out tomorrow. If I can get to the post office.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's make sure that history never forgets the name Enterprise."

"There's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."

"I still believe in heroes."

My Pinterest
Bobomom
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2013 09:00:06 PM »

I'm so glad you like everything! I was so worried (swap anxiety) that I hadn't done enough! I realized I hadn't explained what any of it was, so I'm pleased you figured it all out.  I will admit my hand cramped a little after cutting out the freezer paper stencil for the Tree of Gondor and the placemat words, but I was happy with how they came out. My husband really admired the Tree and told me I should make one for myself too!  I got the sketch book at Michaels craft store, so if you need another one, hopefully you can find one that fits!  The leaf of Lothlorien center detail was cut at one time with just one layer of carving, if that makes sense.  The Hobbit feet socks are the first pair of slipper socks I've made! I hope they keep your feet warm!
I have pics of all the items I made, so if you want I can post the missing picture.

I can't wait to see what you've made for me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hayleylujah
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2013 11:26:05 PM »

I'm there with you. I might end up with 5-points if I'm lucky, but some of these packages are easily more than 4 items, much less 4 points!  Shocked

Granted, they're gorgeous. It sets the bar pretty high. Eek, now I'm nervous. But I think my round robin group is going to be closer to 4 points. I think?

I am sending only 4 points worth of items to Amigurl55, so don't stress! I'm not expecting some extravagant swap package.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My jumbled blog of vegan rantings on food and crafts: http://limabeanlover.wordpress.com/
chughes225
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2013 03:34:45 AM »

I love the sketchbook cover. The placemats are a great idea and the hobbit feet are hilarious. Great job Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dfabbric
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2013 07:16:39 AM »

I'm back now and can post some pics of what I sent IsikkahJai. Here are the cards. I was thinking of naming them all, but thought it might be fun for you to try and guess. Some are harder then others.

And then I sent a Twilight Sparkle hoopla and Mary Crawley doll. Her arms and legs are bendable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bobomom
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2013 09:19:18 AM »

Those cards are adorable! They are so well drawn!
I love the Mary Crawley doll (I had to look up who she is, lol).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What Adriana Lima Wants for Christmas
How to Wear Skirts with Boots
Redbook’s Red Hot Holiday Gift Ideas
Holiday Looks to Make the Season Bright
Lili Göksenin Models Jeans of the Week
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...